Another armed teacher poll

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Outnumbered
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Another armed teacher poll

Post by Outnumbered »

C-dub wrote:Can bots do this?
It's very easy to do. One time a year or two ago similar fishy numbers were discussed on this forum or a similar one. One of the posters told how easy it was and said "All you have to do is... (insert some computer mumbo jumbo that didn't sound too difficult). I showed my teenager who does well enough with computers. Within a short amount of time he had it working. I allowed him to let it run for a while as we watched the numbers change, then made him shut it off. It was an enlightening experiment.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Another armed teacher poll

Post by C-dub »

Outnumbered wrote:
C-dub wrote:Can bots do this?
It's very easy to do. One time a year or two ago similar fishy numbers were discussed on this forum or a similar one. One of the posters told how easy it was and said "All you have to do is... (insert some computer mumbo jumbo that didn't sound too difficult). I showed my teenager who does well enough with computers. Within a short amount of time he had it working. I allowed him to let it run for a while as we watched the numbers change, then made him shut it off. It was an enlightening experiment.
Well, with all the talk about how so-and-so set up some bots to make it seem like there were hundreds or thousands of people replying to something online, it wouldn't surprise me to find out that someone saw this poll and decided to fix it in their favor.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”