Can it be?: We may lose more gun rights under Trump than Obama?

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

BBYC
Posts in topic: 8

Re: Can it be?: We may lose more gun rights under Trump than Obama?

Post by BBYC »

rotor wrote: We all are waiting for some great measures, reciprocity, hearing protection, gun free zones, etc. In the long run though the supreme court may be the most important thing Trump does. Time will tell.
Which means we should wait before putting that in the "win" column for gun rights.

I ask again: Has Trump kept any of his pro gun campaign promises yet?
God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

rotor
Posts in topic: 3

Post by rotor »

BBYC wrote:Maybe but I don't count my chickens before they're hatched.

So far, I see a whole lot of nothing from Trump on gun rights. Some say we shouldn't bash him for his comments on bump stocks until it's more than talk, we certainly shouldn't praise him for pro gun campaign promises until those are more than talk. Right?
From what I see about bump stocks, NRA looks like they are ready to have them regulated as well. We all wish "real" common sense laws would pass including reciprocity, etc. become law but we are fighting an uphill battle. Seems like Texas took it's time with open carry too.

spectre
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by spectre »

rotor wrote:
BBYC wrote:Maybe but I don't count my chickens before they're hatched.

So far, I see a whole lot of nothing from Trump on gun rights. Some say we shouldn't bash him for his comments on bump stocks until it's more than talk, we certainly shouldn't praise him for pro gun campaign promises until those are more than talk. Right?
From what I see about bump stocks, NRA looks like they are ready to have them regulated as well. We all wish "real" common sense laws would pass including reciprocity, etc. become law but we are fighting an uphill battle. Seems like Texas took it's time with open carry too.
https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/departme ... ump-stocks
Today the Department of Justice submitted to the Office of Management and Budget a notice of a proposed regulation to clarify that the definition of “machinegun” in the National Firearms Act and Gun Control Act includes bump stock type devices, and that federal law accordingly prohibits the possession, sale, or manufacture of such devices.
I'm in a good place right now
Not emotionally or financially
But I am at the gun store

K.Mooneyham
Posts in topic: 4

Post by K.Mooneyham »

Again, people have said what the POLITICIANS can do to fix the problem, but obviously many of them don't care to do anything in that regard. I meant, what can WE, the average American citizens, do to fix the problem? Again, specific concrete items, not generalities. I vote for pro-2A candidates. I give what money I can to support said candidates, but I'm not a rich guy like Bloomberg. I explain how firearms ACTUALLY work to others on the internet so as to remove confusion and the outright lies told by gun banners. WHAT ELSE CAN I PERSONALLY DO TO STOP THIS STUFF? Snarky and sarcastic replies aren't doing anything to help this situation. We need SOLUTIONS. If someone smarter than I am can come up with something useful, then I will support it.

spectre
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by spectre »

K.Mooneyham wrote:Again, people have said what the POLITICIANS can do to fix the problem, but obviously many of them don't care to do anything in that regard. I meant, what can WE, the average American citizens, do to fix the problem? Again, specific concrete items, not generalities.
I don't know if forum rules allow me to list specific concrete items so I'll just say look to the actions of the Sons of Liberty 250 years ago.
I'm in a good place right now
Not emotionally or financially
But I am at the gun store

Abraham
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Abraham »

Plus, the smart-est of the criminal class are: Politicians

Don't for a moment believe what ever they profess is their heart felt goodness for their momentary cause, cross their hearts, is what they sincerely care about. No, they're evil to their core.

Here's what they believe in: Getting... money, power, prestige and every other thing to get THEM ahead.

You, don't matter, except to help them get ahead.

If, you're naive enough to believe other wise you're just another sucker...

K.Mooneyham
Posts in topic: 4

Post by K.Mooneyham »

Abraham wrote:Plus, the smart-est of the criminal class are: Politicians

Don't for a moment believe what ever they profess is their heart felt goodness for their momentary cause, cross their hearts, is what they sincerely care about. No, they're evil to their core.

Here's what they believe in: Getting... money, power, prestige and every other thing to get THEM ahead.

Then, I guess none of us ever need vote ever again. Why bother with being NRA (or GOA, or SAF, etc.) members. Why bother with anything. We should all just throw our hands in the air, and run screaming and crying, it would seem. Somehow, I just don't see things that way, and I didn't think that's why this forum exists. I guess I'm going to have to take a long break from here.

DEB
Posts in topic: 3

Post by DEB »

K.Mooneyham wrote:

Then, I guess none of us ever need vote ever again. Why bother with being NRA (or GOA, or SAF, etc.) members. Why bother with anything. We should all just throw our hands in the air, and run screaming and crying, it would seem. Somehow, I just don't see things that way, and I didn't think that's why this forum exists. I guess I'm going to have to take a long break from here.
Naw, I believe we got to keep fighting. With Trump we did get a conservative Justice as well as many others at the lower levels. Could you imagine the obverse? Is the Senate going to allow CHL recognition throughout the States? Probably not, especially during the current time. But, we got to keep pushing, writing and teaching others, or simply just roll up and die. I personally intend to keep fighting, the best I personally can. I ain't going to vote Libertarian just to prove a point, and loose elections. I sure ain't never going to vote Godless Democrat, so Republican it is. Hopefully I and others like me can hold the line and not either give up or punish those who don't fully follow my agenda. We do need some new Generals and I believe that they will be stepping forward. I have already seen several changes with my Representatives. I reckon I am one of those American Patriot Suckers, but, hey I am also a Christian, so I probably don't fit in to many of today's neat boxes, LOL.
Unless we keep the barbarian virtues, gaining the civilized ones will be of little avail. Oversentimentality, oversoftness, washiness, and mushiness are the great dangers of this age and of this people." Teddy Roosevelt"
DEB=Daniel E Bertram
U.S. Army Retired, (Sapper). VFW Life Member.

RicoTX
Posts in topic: 6

Post by RicoTX »

K.Mooneyham wrote:
I think what Abraham was getting at is that we seem to be fighting a losing battle because at the moment our only option is to vote for someone who claims to be gun friendly. We then have no control when they don't follow through.

If you read an earlier post I made on this thread, I brought up more local approach. However, if I am honest with myself, I think the writing is on the wall and we will ultimately lose most, if not all 2A rights via a slow death.

Some might say let's just go ahead and move to the final conflict...government bans all guns, forcing those of us willing to change their minds the old fashion way to take action.

Let's face it, I don't see the majority of the next generation worrying about the 2A as much as we do.

Before long there won't be enough of us left to do anything about it.

We don't like to talk about the ultimate option because people think either we would lose if it happened or it makes us sound like radicals.

I'm willing to go there...but how many others truly are?
NRA Endowment Life Member
TSRA Member
GOA Member

snorri

Post by snorri »

RicoTX wrote:Some might say let's just go ahead and move to the final conflict...government bans all guns, forcing those of us willing to change their minds the old fashion way to take action.

Let's face it, I don't see the majority of the next generation worrying about the 2A as much as we do.

Before long there won't be enough of us left to do anything about it.

We don't like to talk about the ultimate option because people think either we would lose if it happened or it makes us sound like radicals.

I'm willing to go there...but how many others truly are?
I used to think that way but I realized something this year. I'm not willing to let them slowly chip away the Bill of Rights until there's nothing left of the Second Amendment. I draw my line here. I'm willing to let Congress and SCOTUS take their sweet time rolling back the current SA violations. However, that is contingent on the only changes being rollbacks. Any new SA violations break the truce, rendering both new and existing SA violations null and void.
minatur innocentibus qui parcit nocentibus

RED FLAG LAWS ARE HATE CRIMES

bigtek
Banned

Post by bigtek »

K.Mooneyham wrote:

Then, I guess none of us ever need vote ever again. Why bother with being NRA (or GOA, or SAF, etc.) members.
Wrong. We should vote against politicians who don't advance our interests. NRA membership gives voice to that threat.

Their political office gives them what they crave: "money, power, prestige and every other thing to get THEM ahead"

When they act against our interests, we should punish them by voting against letting them keeping their office.
Deck the halls with nitroglycerin
Fa la la la la la la la la!
Strike a match and see who's missin'
Fa la la la la la la la la!

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”