US House Republicans not considering gun control measures

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

US House Republicans not considering gun control measures

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 376481002/
House Speaker Paul Ryan said Republicans would focus on law enforcement failures, not tighter gun control, in the wake of the latest mass shooting, which left 17 children and educators dead at a Florida school Feb. 14.

"There was a colossal breakdown in the system," Ryan, R-Wis., said at a news conference. He cited inaction by a deputy stationed outside the school and tips called in to federal and local law enforcement officials about the alleged shooter, Nikolas Cruz, which raised concerns that the 19-year-old planned such a rampage.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

mojo84
Posts in topic: 1

Re: US House Republicans not considering gun control measures

Post by mojo84 »

We can't always expect government to protect us. At some point, family members and close friends need to step in to help get mentally ill and unstable people the help they need. The answer is to intercede before the sick person goes of the deep end. If that doesn't work, people need to be prepared and ready to neutralize them when they do attack.

Staplers and dictionaries are not effective defense weapons.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”