Hidden Agenda or Ignorance?

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
bblhd672
Posts in topic: 1

Hidden Agenda or Ignorance?

Post by bblhd672 »

Before we discuss violence with guns, I’d like to run a couple of questions by you. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, every day nearly 30 Americans die in motor vehicle crashes that involve drunk driving. What kind of restrictions should be placed on automobile ownership? Should there be federal background checks in order for people to obtain a driver’s license or purchase a car?

The FBI’s 2015 Uniform Crime Report shows that nearly three times more people were stabbed or hacked to death than were killed with shotguns and rifles combined. The number of shotgun and rifle deaths totaled 548. People who were stabbed or hacked to death totaled 1,573. Should there be federal background checks and waiting periods for knife purchases?
Continue reading:
http://walterewilliams.com/hidden-agenda-or-ignorance/
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

jason812

Re: Hidden Agenda or Ignorance?

Post by jason812 »

I like Walter Williams.
We must own up to the fact that laws and regulations alone cannot produce a civilized society. Morality is society’s first line of defense against uncivilized behavior. Moral standards of conduct have been under siege in our country for over a half a century. Moral absolutes have been abandoned as guiding principles. We’ve been taught not to be judgmental, that one lifestyle or set of values is just as good as another. We no longer hold people accountable for their behavior and we accept excuse-making. Problems of murder, mayhem and other forms of anti-social behavior will continue until we regain our moral footing.
Then you have this woman who wants to repeal the knife law of 2017.
http://www.kxxv.com/story/37652704/near ... knife-laws
Before the law went into effect Sept. 1, knives with blades longer than five-and-a-half inches could not be legally carried outside the home. They can now be carried anywhere except for a handful of restricted locations, including bars and college premises.
You can't make this up.
Still, “I would love to see that bill completely repealed,” she said in a recent interview, punctuating her words with emphatic hand gestures. “Let’s come up with a license, a timeframe, a background check. Mental health issues are also a big problem.”
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

puma guy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by puma guy »

bblhd672 wrote:
Before we discuss violence with guns, I’d like to run a couple of questions by you. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, every day nearly 30 Americans die in motor vehicle crashes that involve drunk driving. What kind of restrictions should be placed on automobile ownership? Should there be federal background checks in order for people to obtain a driver’s license or purchase a car?

The FBI’s 2015 Uniform Crime Report shows that nearly three times more people were stabbed or hacked to death than were killed with shotguns and rifles combined. The number of shotgun and rifle deaths totaled 548. People who were stabbed or hacked to death totaled 1,573. Should there be federal background checks and waiting periods for knife purchases?
Continue reading:
http://walterewilliams.com/hidden-agenda-or-ignorance/
You do understand that statistics such as these and the logic they infer are completely lost on liberal progressive anti-gunners don't you? I have used just about every such stat and info in discourse with them and have come to the conclusion their brains are unable to make any argument to refute, at the same time incapable of having a logical thought.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

puma guy wrote: You do understand that statistics such as these and the logic they infer are completely lost on liberal progressive anti-gunners don't you? I have used just about every such stat and info in discourse with them and have come to the conclusion their brains are unable to make any argument to refute, at the same time incapable of having a logical thought.
:iagree: I've been in several online discussions in the past two weeks and everything that you said is true in my experience with them. In addition, they never accept the consequences for any policy that they champion.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

chasfm11 wrote:
puma guy wrote: You do understand that statistics such as these and the logic they infer are completely lost on liberal progressive anti-gunners don't you? I have used just about every such stat and info in discourse with them and have come to the conclusion their brains are unable to make any argument to refute, at the same time incapable of having a logical thought.
:iagree: I've been in several online discussions in the past two weeks and everything that you said is true in my experience with them. In addition, they never accept the consequences for any policy that they champion.
:lol: Yep! I usually get the Australia example and when I point out that after after the confiscation violent crime went up. One guy actually said that was untrue and used Snopes as his source. Even when I pointed out the graph on Snopes indicated crime increased drastically he argued I was wrong. DUH! I have taken to arguing with walls and find I get much more intelligent discourse. To the questions posted in the title the professionals, journalists and politicians have very definite agendas as you are probably aware.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

montgomery

Post by montgomery »

puma guy wrote: usually get the Australia example and when I point out that after after the confiscation violent crime went up.
Australia crime study (pre and post gun ban):

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Great article by Walter Williams!

Even key individuals in the ATF know that there are many gun regs that can be loosened:
There are many regulatory changes or modifications that can be made by or through ATF that would have an immediate, positive impact on commerce and industry without significantly hindering ATFs mission or adversely affecting public safety.

--Ronald Turk Associate Deputy Director (Chief Operating Officer) ATF
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

The history of the Assault Weapon Hoax
The pattern set by Stockton was repeated at Parkland High School, but even worse. There too, the criminal openly identified himself as an incipient mass murderer. The Stockton criminal's various felonies at least had led to arrests and misdemeanor convictions, but the Parkland criminal's open-and-shut felonies—such as explicit violent threats against the school—never even resulted in an arrest.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”