Carters Country!!! Dang it!

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
bobby
Posts in topic: 1

Carters Country!!! Dang it!

Post by bobby »

New add has 21 yo to buy on AR’s and Ruger precision rifle. Well no more business from me. Geez
:txflag:

LDB415

Re: Carters Country!!! Dang it!

Post by LDB415 »

I just saw that in the new ad. Disappointing. They are usually more expensive anyway but still disappointing.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

I'll boycott them but frankly that isn't going to cost them much since I have spent a grand total of less than $100 there in the decade + that I have lived in Texas. They are overpriced and I just generally have not been tempted to actually shop there.

philbo
Banned

Post by philbo »

It's not new, they've been adding the 21 years old to purchase to all long guns with pistol grips (including shotguns) for years.

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

philbo wrote:It's not new, they've been adding the 21 years old to purchase to all long guns with pistol grips (including shotguns) for years.
Now I feel even better about not shopping there in the past. I knew they had a weird policy on concealed carry (asked you not to but didn't post 30.06 signage), but didn't realize this additional restriction was in place.

LeonCarr

Post by LeonCarr »

They have always been (Since at least the late 80s or so) anti certain law abiding people having certain guns with "evil" features/anti gun shows/we won't sell Glocks because they are "unsafe" but we will sell the S&W Sigma which works exactly the same way, etc. I believe they sell Glocks now when they woke up and saw how much money they were losing...so much for "unsafe".

Money is like your backside...it is yours and it is portable.

Just my .02,
LeonCarr
Last edited by LeonCarr on Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Whitetail Deer are extinct because of rifles with telescopes mounted on them." - My 11th Grade English Teacher

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

LeonCarr wrote:Money is like your backside...it is yours and it is portable.
In this kind of situation, I prefer the Golden Rule -- He who has the gold makes the rules.

If they want to set rules, they can do without my gold.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Carters Country also operates multiple shooting ranges across Houston. It would be terrible if their shooting customers took their bidness e;lsewhere.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

BBYC

Post by BBYC »

I stopped doing business with them when they provided aid and comfort to the anti-gunshow nuts back in the 20th century.
God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

DevilDawg

Post by DevilDawg »

The horribly unsafe environment of their ranges was the main reason I quit doing business with them. Their pricing was never at a point where I would have bought anything other than targets from them. Their policy on CHL never rubbed me the right way, but as a business I respected it.

Scott B.
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Scott B. »

Well, a pistol grip firearm is not a rifle or shotgun*, and therefore can't be sold to somebody under 21. Same applies for a stripped receivers and other not rifle or shotgun title 1 firearms. Idiotic, of course but it's the govt after all.

Voluntarily jumping onto the 21 yrs and older for rifles and shotguns is misguided.

Let the market decide, and it shall.

*ATF says. Argue with them, not me.
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Scott B. wrote:Well, a pistol grip firearm is not a rifle or shotgun*, and therefore can't be sold to somebody under 21. Same applies for a stripped receivers and other not rifle or shotgun title 1 firearms. Idiotic, of course but it's the govt after all.

Voluntarily jumping onto the 21 yrs and older for rifles and shotguns is misguided.

So an AR15 is not a rifle? If that’s true, then why do you have register an AR15-based SBR?
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Scott B.

Post by Scott B. »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Scott B. wrote:Well, a pistol grip firearm is not a rifle or shotgun*, and therefore can't be sold to somebody under 21. Same applies for a stripped receivers and other not rifle or shotgun title 1 firearms. Idiotic, of course but it's the govt after all.

So an AR15 is not a rifle? If that’s true, then why do you have register an AR15-based SBR?
Didn't say that at all. A receiver is not a rifle, doesn't matter if it's an AR receiver or some other receiver.

Edit, this is a bit of ATF trivia, but there are a small number of title 1 firearms that are not rifles, shotguns, or pistols.
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Scott B. wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:

Didn't say that at all. A receiver is not a rifle, doesn't matter if it's an AR receiver or some other receiver.

Edit, this is a bit of ATF trivia, but there are a small number of title 1 firearms that are not rifles, shotguns, or pistols.
OK..... I’m not trying to argue here.....I’m genuinely trying to learn something..... Previously, you said “Well, a pistol grip firearm is not a rifle or shotgun”. You didn’t say “a receiver is not a rifle [or shotgun]. I think I get why a receiver is not a rifle. It’s also not a pistol. Building it into a firearm is what makes it into that type of a firearm - which is how we end up with AR15 pistols, and AR15 rifles; two different kinds of firearms based on the same kind of receiver. But when you said “a pistol grip firearm is not a rifle or shotgun,” that is inconsistent with what I believe to be true about an AR15 long gun having a shoulder stock and a 16” or longer barrel - which indeed has both has a pistol grip, and is governed by the regulations concerning carbines/rifles. So can you see how that leaves me confused?

If you can clear this up for me, I’d appreciate it.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

bigbang

Post by bigbang »

Pistol grip stock only, like the Shockwave.
This is a Glock 40. Fifty Cent. Too Short. All of them talk about a Glock 40. OK?
I'm the only one in this forum fool enough - that I know of - to shoot himself with a Glock 40.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”