More "Compromise"

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
thatguyoverthere
Posts in topic: 3

Re: More "Compromise"

Post by thatguyoverthere »

Omnibus bill passed Congress. Waiting Trumps signature. He's threatening veto, but I don't think that's likely.

In the Senate, Cornyn voted for, Cruz voted against. My local Rep, Ratcliffe, voted against.

Seems to me that Cornyn needs to be replaced.

John Lott says we should be concerned.
The millions of Americans who believe in the [2nd] amendment and who believe in our right to self-defense and to defend our families now have reason to be concerned.
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/03/ ... gress.html

Ruark
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Ruark »

How exactly does a senior citizen get placed on this "financially incompetent" list? E.g. if you pay somebody to do your taxes? What's the specific criteria?
-Ruark

mayor

Post by mayor »

thatguyoverthere wrote:Omnibus bill passed Congress. Waiting Trumps signature. He's threatening veto, but I don't think that's likely.

In the Senate, Cornyn voted for, Cruz voted against. My local Rep, Ratcliffe, voted against.

Seems to me that Cornyn needs to be replaced.

John Lott says we should be concerned.
The millions of Americans who believe in the [2nd] amendment and who believe in our right to self-defense and to defend our families now have reason to be concerned.
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/03/ ... gress.html
Cornyn has needed replacing for his last 3 election cycles.

SQLGeek
Posts in topic: 2

Post by SQLGeek »

Unless Cornyn gets primaried, who is going to replace him? A Beto clone? Is THAT better?
Psalm 91:2

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

SQLGeek wrote:Unless Cornyn gets primaried, who is going to replace him? A Beto clone? Is THAT better?
Me? You? Anyone of Us, Charles!!! Somebody run against him!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

We should lobby for and support NOTHING at the Federal level. Nothing except blocking everything that comes along. There have been NO positive actions at the Federal level since 1986, and even there we got 922o restriction on new NFA autos. LEOSA is NOT a positive. So all we have gotten since 1934 at the Federal level is more restrictions.

The police power to regulate the keeping and bearing of arms, within the confines of the 2nd amendment, belongs to the States. There should be NO federal regulation of commerce in arms within states. Federal background checks on private sales are unconstitutional. Federal age restrictions are unconstitutional. We shouldn't want to FIX NICS, we should want to eliminate NICS. States can decide what level of restriction they wish to place on the purchase of firearms, as they did before 1996.

The Left will chip away, bit by bit as they have for over 100 years at all of our freedoms, mainly through the central government. The centralization of power in DC to a technocratic elite will be the undoing of our Federal republic. :mad5
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Boxerrider

Post by Boxerrider »

ScottDLS wrote:The Left will chip away, bit by bit as they have for over 100 years at all of our freedoms, mainly through the central government. The centralization of power in DC to a technocratic elite will be the undoing of our Federal republic. :mad5
I believe exactly this. Unconstitutional actions taken by the executive and legislative branches, and supported or ignored by the judicial branch are many and obvious. While the 2nd amendment is the one we focus on here, is not the only one being trampled.

My message to the leadership of the republican party is this; if Senator Cornyn will not support my constitutional rights, and you will not provide a candidate who will support my constitutional rights, then is my best option to vote straight democrat so that the violent overthrow of the federal government happens sooner rather than later? Do I consider it, "Tamiflu for the Republic"?
I'm drafting my letter to them, and I'm not sure if I want to state my feelings this directly or not.

Jeff

LDB415

Post by LDB415 »

I've been unhappy with Cornyn for a while. I'll have to work for anyone opposing him. I'd almost vote for a democrat for one term just to get him out.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

LDB415 wrote:I'd almost vote for a democrat for one term just to get him out.
That is crazy. Don't give them a foothold here. I'm not happy with Cornyn either but putting a democrat in his place is cutting off our nose to spite our face and that is coming from somebody that is NOT a Republican or a Democrat.
Psalm 91:2

Txtension

Post by Txtension »

mojo84 wrote:Look on the bright side. We got 100 miles of wall.

/Sarcasm\ for those that have their sarcasm squelch set top high. :roll:
:thumbs2:

LDB415

Post by LDB415 »

Yeah, I said almost. Maybe the aliens will beam him up and take care of it for us.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

LDB415 wrote:Yeah, I said almost. Maybe the aliens will beam him up and take care of it for us.

that could work
:mrgreen:
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

apostate

Post by apostate »

LDB415 wrote:Yeah, I said almost. Maybe the aliens will beam him up and take care of it for us.
:nono: Undocumented Extraterrestrials

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”