Smith&Wesson Political Mud Slinging

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
kayt00
Posts in topic: 1

Smith&Wesson Political Mud Slinging

Post by kayt00 »

Saw this one today as I was going through my news feed. https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... two-months
I guess our wonderful media has to keep pushing their sensationalist agenda by placing the blame on American companies because their product was used by a bad guy. Well hell the shooters were wearing shoes I presume so who manufactured the shoes that allowed them to get to their location to commit their crimes. Who manufactured their car which was driven to the gun store to buy the weapons. And while we're at it, maybe we can go ahead and sue Anheiser/Busch for making a product that allows people to be more brazen in their day to day activities which also kills thousands every year. :bigmouth :banghead: So irritating to say the least.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Nevermind...
All lost in a tragic kayaking incident.
Bring back BitterClinger

ShaddyVanDaddy

Re: Smith&Wesson Political Mud Slinging

Post by ShaddyVanDaddy »

They probably see going after the manufacturers as the back door to gun control... in their own article they acknowledge that people keep buying guns.
However, following a public push for gun control after the Parkland attack, gun sales increased in March, according to firearm background-check data tracked by the FBI.
A “public” push for gun control?
Who do they think is buying the guns? I think it’s still “the public”. They can’t seem to control the demand, so they go after the supply.

Jusme

Re: Smith&Wesson Political Mud Slinging

Post by Jusme »

This is the same tactic, that others have used after any shooting incident. They then complain about the legislation which prevents successful lawsuits, convieniently, forgetting that the legislation not only protects gun manufacturers, but almost any manufacturer, from lawsuits, due to the misuse of their products.

What I find interesting, is that they specifically mention the YouTube shooting, carried out in with a gun with a limited capacity magazine, in a state that requires "universal" background checks, allows almost no carry permits, a ten day waiting period, extensive ammo restrictions, in a gun free zone. Must be the gun manufacturers' fault. :roll:

I think they just need more gun laws in California, obviously they are not doing enough to prevent this type of thing. :???:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”