Great defense of 2A by citizen at City Council

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
rtschl
Posts in topic: 1

Great defense of 2A by citizen at City Council

Post by rtschl »

Wow - wish I was as articulate as this guy:

“The LAW ABIDING citizens of this community, we are the FIRST ones taxed, the LAST ones considered and the FIRST ones punished when things like this happen”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... -Kzc0jBQeM
Ron
NRA Member

rotor

Re: Great defense of 2A by citizen at City Council

Post by rotor »

This guy needs to run for office. Great speaker. Thanks for posting.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

That makes so much more sense to me than a grown man going out and standing on a street corner with an AR 15 hanging from his neck and fishing for an argument with a cop.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

They're lucky he didn't have time to prepare anything!

:clapping:
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

"Rod Serling couldn't have scripted anything better" :smilelol5:

"Loonies from the left" :smilelol5:

He about sums it up for me
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

jason812

Post by jason812 »

mojo84 wrote:That makes so much more sense to me than a grown man going out and standing on a street corner with an AR 15 hanging from his neck and fishing for an argument with a cop.
:iagree:
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Amen and hallelujah!
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

I would consider it an honor to buy that man a beer.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Pilgrim

Post by Pilgrim »

It is good to hear someone with common sense.

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 2

Post by anygunanywhere »

We have had champions of the Second Amendment espouse such eloquent speeches since the Constitution itself was written. It has not stopped the tyrants from attempting to subvert our God given rights at every turn of history. We are so very close to the tipping point where unconstitutional governments enact unconstitutional legislation at ALL levels to infringe on on our right to keep and bear arms.

At what point do we say enough?
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

anygunanywhere wrote:We have had champions of the Second Amendment espouse such eloquent speeches since the Constitution itself was written. It has not stopped the tyrants from attempting to subvert our God given rights at every turn of history. We are so very close to the tipping point where unconstitutional governments enact unconstitutional legislation at ALL levels to infringe on on our right to keep and bear arms.

I can think of 1 time in US history and 1 time in Texas history when we said "enough is enough!"
NRA Member

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 2

Post by anygunanywhere »

Grundy1133 wrote:
anygunanywhere wrote:We have had champions of the Second Amendment espouse such eloquent speeches since the Constitution itself was written. It has not stopped the tyrants from attempting to subvert our God given rights at every turn of history. We are so very close to the tipping point where unconstitutional governments enact unconstitutional legislation at ALL levels to infringe on on our right to keep and bear arms.

I can think of 1 time in US history and 1 time in Texas history when we said "enough is enough!"
We are past time, IMNSHO.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”