Older Texans are armed and ready — even into their golden years

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
bblhd672
Posts in topic: 1

Older Texans are armed and ready — even into their golden years

Post by bblhd672 »

Listen to your elders.

Seriously.

They might just be packing heat — in Texas, anyway.

Texans between 50 and 59 are the most likely age group to have a License To Carry a handgun in the Lone Star State, according to a Star-Telegram review of Texas Department of Public Safety data.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local ... rylink=cpy
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Tex1961

Re: Older Texans are armed and ready — even into their golden years

Post by Tex1961 »

That's because were don't have the speed or strength of youth to back us up anymore.

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

My dad use to tell me Don't mess with an old man because he's to old to fight and he'll just shoot you instead!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Smokey613

Post by Smokey613 »

Texas LEO / TCOLE Firearms Instructor / LTC / Glock Armorer / NRA Endowment-Life Member

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

crazy2medic wrote:My dad use to tell me Don't mess with an old man because he's to old to fight and he'll just shoot you instead!
The way I always heard it was like this:

Don't mess with an old man. He's too tired to fight and too old to take a butt whoopin', so he'll just kill you.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

I'm 30 but I carry because my fists don't fly at 1200 feet per second so they won't do much against someone who has a gun...
NRA Member

Jeff B.

Post by Jeff B. »

IIRC from the article, last year 28% of those getting their LTC were female. I think that's a good number and an indication that self defense and personal protection are not only male interests.

Jeff B.
Don’t ever let someone get away with telling you that no one wants to take your guns. - Joe Huffman

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Don’t forget to put on your Sunday best so everyone will know you are a true believer in the Second Amendment. Sunday best means colonial era dress and powdered wig to go along with your musket because that is what well regulated means.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”