Banks getting in on the action

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
kayt00
Posts in topic: 3

Banks getting in on the action

Post by kayt00 »

This creates a new precedent for gun control in the US, not through politics but buy using money.
http://thehill.com/policy/finance/banki ... to-assault
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Nevermind...
All lost in a tragic kayaking incident.
Bring back BitterClinger

OneGun
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Banks getting in on the action

Post by OneGun »

I stopped doing business with B of A a long time ago when they wanted to charge a fee to visit with a human teller rather than the ATM.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Bankster's strike again. We need to break up all "too big to fail" banks (e.g. Bank of America). It the free market bad businesses deserve to fail.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

OneGun wrote:I stopped doing business with B of A a long time ago when they wanted to charge a fee to visit with a human teller rather than the ATM.
Same here. They are a terrible bank in so many ways.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

chamberc

Post by chamberc »

OneGun wrote:I stopped doing business with B of A a long time ago when they wanted to charge a fee to visit with a human teller rather than the ATM.
Hmm... they want to charge you for something that costs them money? Seems perfectly reasonable to me. Why should I have to pay for a service I don't use? It seems to me, such use-based pricing is the epitome of the American way.
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
LTC since 2000
http://www.texas3006.com

Topic author
kayt00

Post by kayt00 »

I don't bank with BofA either but if that's the game my current bank decides to play I have no issues jumping ship to a smaller more mom & pop credit union. Oh I know...Texas CHL Credit Union anybody? :woohoo :fire
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Nevermind...
All lost in a tragic kayaking incident.
Bring back BitterClinger

cyphertext

Post by cyphertext »

chamberc wrote:
Hmm... they want to charge you for something that costs them money? Seems perfectly reasonable to me. Why should I have to pay for a service I don't use? It seems to me, such use-based pricing is the epitome of the American way.
Except that their fees didn't go down when they introduced ATMs... Kinda like when you use the self checkout at the grocery store... you are still paying the same price, so you are actually paying to be the cashier and bagger yourself.

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Pawpaw »

I have a feeling the banks will stop this nonsense soon.

Citigroup faces GOP backlash on gun policy
Though a growing number of corporate titans are distancing themselves from firearms, Citi’s decision got under the skin of conservatives in Congress who are trying to fend off new gun control measures. It annoyed Republicans who have supported deregulatory measures that will help the bank, even after the government rescued it from near-collapse during the 2008 Wall Street meltdown.

"The very fact that Citi remains operational is due entirely to the generosity of the American taxpayers," Sen. John Kennedy (R-La.) said in a scathing letter to Citigroup CEO Michael Corbat. "Please don’t forget that.”

Republicans are now taking aim at Citigroup’s government contracts and warning that they'll think twice about helping the lender the next time it needs assistance from Congress.
Oops!!!
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

chamberc

Post by chamberc »

cyphertext wrote:
chamberc wrote:
Except that their fees didn't go down when they introduced ATMs... Kinda like when you use the self checkout at the grocery store... you are still paying the same price, so you are actually paying to be the cashier and bagger yourself.
Except I'm out faster than i was before, and my time is worth dollars to me.
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
LTC since 2000
http://www.texas3006.com

MaduroBU

Post by MaduroBU »

This is what's behind the push to get rid of cash. Money has long been a mechanism of theft by the elite and control.

warnmar10

Post by warnmar10 »

Paladin wrote:
Same here. They are a terrible bank in so many ways.
NCNB bought B of A and took the name. NCNB had such a horrible reputation they had to do it. The reality is B of A = NCNB and always will.

gtolbert09

Post by gtolbert09 »

It's kind of hypocritical since BofA sponsors Bass Pro Shops Credit Card especially since BPS pushes the use of that card to purchase firearms.
USAF 1983-1994
NRA LifeTime Member
TSRA Member

cyphertext

Post by cyphertext »

chamberc wrote:
cyphertext wrote:
chamberc wrote:
Except I'm out faster than i was before, and my time is worth dollars to me.
Maybe so, but that is very different view than your first statement about charging you for something that costs them money. You are willing to receive less service at the same cost in exchange for your convenience.

jb2012

Post by jb2012 »

The bank will stop lending manufacturers of "military style rifles".... hmm so I guess since bolt action rifles are used by the military that eliminates probably 70%+ of weapons manufacturers? Why stop there? Why not all "weapons of war," I mean handguns are involved in exponentially more "gun crime" than rifles, and obviously handguns are used by the military? If you want to keep going, why not knives also? How about non-lethal weapons that the military uses? "Nobody needs military grade weapons" (which should include non-lethal) where do you stop?

As a side note, please before you misunderstand my post, acknowledge the satire when due. I seem to be seeing more of this on here daily.

Edit: am I reading correctly that they are unclear about supporting companies that manufacture "assault weapons"? This is out of control.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

I've had a BOA credit card through the State Bar of Texas for many years. I'll be closing that account today. From now on, I'll have only an NRA affiliated credit card, other than my AmEx.

Chas.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”