IL: Dems push bill rewarding schools that replace armed officers with therapists

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Flightmare
Posts in topic: 1

IL: Dems push bill rewarding schools that replace armed officers with therapists

Post by Flightmare »

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/04 ... pists.html
The controversial bill, proposed by Rep. Emanuel “Chris” Welch, D-Westchester, would offer grants to schools that use funds meant for school security and instead spend it on mental health services, including hiring social workers or implementing other practices "designed to promote school safety and healthy environments
:banghead:
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

strogg

Re: IL: Dems push bill rewarding schools that replace armed officers with therapists

Post by strogg »

I can see that working very well in south side Chicago

LeonCarr
Posts in topic: 2

Re: IL: Dems push bill rewarding schools that replace armed officers with therapists

Post by LeonCarr »

Oh yeah...bring a therapist to a gunfight involving an active shooter and see what happens.

Just my .02,
LeonCarr
"Whitetail Deer are extinct because of rifles with telescopes mounted on them." - My 11th Grade English Teacher

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Are they going to place signs on all the schools saying "Protected by therapists with degrees"? Gotta be sure that potential shooters understand the campus has protection in place.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Allons

Post by Allons »

bblhd672 wrote:Are they going to place signs on all the schools saying "Protected by therapists with degrees"? Gotta be sure that potential shooters understand the campus has protection in place.

LOL :lol:
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

ELB

Post by ELB »

Maybe you're supposed to use the therapist's bodies for cover.
USAF 1982-2005

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

While there are a ton of mental health needs out there that are increasing rapidly, and most mass attacks are carried out by the severely mentally ill, Illinois is one of the last places that needs to cut back on security with Chicago's 58% spike in homicides.

Sadly paranoid schizophrenics who make criminal threats against themselves and others ... and refuse to take their medication... are typically released from custody after a day or 2. They freely roam our cities and too often hurt or kill:

Machete-wielding ex-A&M player who killed White Rock jogger deemed unfit for trial
...Johnson spent three days in a court ordered psychiatric facility where there was finally a clinical diagnosis of schizophrenia. Upon release, he refused all treatment. Over the next two years of Johnson’s life, he struggled with both mental health and substance abuse. His family was at a loss for how to help him when he became delusional and resistant to treatment.
link

Institutionalization is the only answer for people like Johnson who refuse treatment or for whom treatment is ineffective.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Why only schools?

If this is such a great idea, then all Illinois police should also be replaced with licensed therapists. The dem leaders in that state could start by replacing their personal security details with therapists. That would undoubtedly make the entire state safer.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:Why only schools?

If this is such a great idea, then all Illinois police should also be replaced with licensed therapists. The dem leaders in that state could start by replacing their personal security details with therapists. That would undoubtedly make the entire state safer.
Beat me to it! :iagree:
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Abraham
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Abraham »

C'mon, let's not be harsh.

Leftists believe in magic.

They're not just idealists.

They're lost...

Try living in the jungle with an idealists idea of survival.

You' ll die quickly.

A realistic view of life is harsh, but it can be accomplished though it's very, very difficult.

Ask any of the 10 percent of soldiers who do the fighting to survive and win...by this I mean only 10% of soldiers actually do the fighting, the rest are for support, like cooks, truck drivers, etc.

Oh, I don't think most of us 10% aren't to be pitied, we' make it.
Last edited by Abraham on Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

montgomery

Post by montgomery »

LeonCarr wrote:Oh yeah...bring a therapist to a gunfight involving an active shooter and see what happens.

Just my .02,
LeonCarr
How does that make you feel?

"rlol"

LeonCarr
Posts in topic: 2

Post by LeonCarr »

Mr. Montgomery,

Thats funny right there, I don't care who you are :smilelol5:

Just my .02,
LeonCarr
"Whitetail Deer are extinct because of rifles with telescopes mounted on them." - My 11th Grade English Teacher

MP(Ret)95B

Post by MP(Ret)95B »

montgomery wrote:
LeonCarr wrote:Oh yeah...bring a therapist to a gunfight involving an active shooter and see what happens.

Just my .02,
LeonCarr
How does that make you feel?

"rlol"
I saw what you did there :hurry:

Abraham
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Abraham »

The title of this thread sounds like the opening lines of a stand-up comedian.

Or someone on heavy medication with zero appreciation of what day or time it is...

bigtek
Banned

Post by bigtek »

Spending money on headshrinkers to prevent kids going postal sounds a lot more useful than spending it on SRO who hide behind their cars when the manure hits the fan.

Just saying.
Deck the halls with nitroglycerin
Fa la la la la la la la la!
Strike a match and see who's missin'
Fa la la la la la la la la!

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”