Austin based Yeti quits doing business with NRA

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Medley86
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Austin based Yeti quits doing business with NRA

Post by Medley86 »

mrvmax wrote:Hard to beat the price on Palm coolers.

http://palmcoolers.com/product/85-litres-90-quarts/
Looks like a good cooler but doesn't have the insulation of a pelican or rtic. My 45 quart pelican is more or less the same external dimension as a 65 quart palm. That would indicate that the walls are mich thinner.
Ruger LCP in a Talon wallet holster EDC

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ScottDLS »

I will continue my support of Midway USA who is sponsoring this year's NRA convention. I buy lots of AR parts and accessories from them.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

bbhack
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bbhack »

I got an RTIC for Christmas. Not used it much, but it is nice. Cheaper, also.

Pretty sure these high end coolers work like a cryogenic flask - there is a vacuum in the cavity. No insulation - just nothing. Nothing is a very good insulator. Also, they do seal tight - no air leakage until you open it.
Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness

cyphertext
Posts in topic: 9

Post by cyphertext »

Not the first time that YETI has been seen as anti-gun...
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/0 ... e-gun-ban/

Allons

Post by Allons »

Never own YETI products... to expensive. I rather buy RTIC and use money saved for another gun purchase. :lol:
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

Grundy1133
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Grundy1133 »

over priced cups. you can go to wal mart and get one for about $9. seen side by side tests on youtube. the $9 cup and the $60 cup keep ice cold about the same. guy placed 10 ice cubes in each cup and left them overnight. the results in each cup were pretty much the same. couldnt really tell a difference. Yeti is the iphone and macbooks of the cup industry... over priced and dont do anything better than other brands but people are mindless sheep and buy it becuase of the brand name lol
NRA Member

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 4

Post by anygunanywhere »

Grundy1133 wrote:over priced cups. you can go to wal mart and get one for about $9. seen side by side tests on youtube. the $9 cup and the $60 cup keep ice cold about the same. guy placed 10 ice cubes in each cup and left them overnight. the results in each cup were pretty much the same. couldnt really tell a difference. Yeti is the iphone and macbooks of the cup industry... over priced and dont do anything better than other brands but people are mindless sheep and buy it becuase of the brand name lol
Bad comparison.

Mac computers are hands down better than Windows machines. I bought my Mac in 2012 and it still works perfectly. If I still used windows machines I would have had to purchase 2 or 3 in the same time frame and gone through multiple releases of pitiful Microsoft software.

I am not a mindless sheep and all we own now are Apple products. Mrs anygunanywhere uses an iPad and is very happy. Careful with the labels.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Steamboat

Post by Steamboat »

I had planned on visiting their store while in Austin next month. I have changed my mind.
"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there." — Will Rogers

Topic author
bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Steamboat wrote:I had planned on visiting their store while in Austin next month. I have changed my mind.
I would go and get a bunch of stuff rang up and then ask them if they still support the NRA, then walk out when they say no.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

flechero
Posts in topic: 8

Post by flechero »

Anyone have direct contact info for executives at Yeti??

I think we need to really jump on this one... it's a local business and one that caters to our friends and markets of interest.

If they drop the NRA then we need to hit them in force with email and letters and or calls letting them know that we will support other brands.

Topic author
bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

flechero wrote:Anyone have direct contact info for executives at Yeti??

I think we need to really jump on this one... it's a local business and one that caters to our friends and markets of interest.

If they drop the NRA then we need to hit them in force with email and letters and or calls letting them know that we will support other brands.
Not direct contact, this info was in the TSRA email:
Yeti Corporate Office
7601 Southwest Parkway
Austin, TX 78735
1-512-394-9384
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

cyphertext
Posts in topic: 9

Post by cyphertext »

Grundy1133 wrote:over priced cups. you can go to wal mart and get one for about $9. seen side by side tests on youtube. the $9 cup and the $60 cup keep ice cold about the same. guy placed 10 ice cubes in each cup and left them overnight. the results in each cup were pretty much the same. couldnt really tell a difference. Yeti is the iphone and macbooks of the cup industry... over priced and dont do anything better than other brands but people are mindless sheep and buy it becuase of the brand name lol
Agree on the aluminum tumblers... Disagree on Apple products. Have had both Apple and Android phones. My wife, my son, and I are still using iPhone 6. Android phones would not have lasted this long and would not still be supported.

Neither Apple or Google are that gun friendly...

Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

anygunanywhere wrote:
Bad comparison.

Mac computers are hands down better than Windows machines. I bought my Mac in 2012 and it still works perfectly. If I still used windows machines I would have had to purchase 2 or 3 in the same time frame and gone through multiple releases of pitiful Microsoft software.

I am not a mindless sheep and all we own now are Apple products. Mrs anygunanywhere uses an iPad and is very happy. Careful with the labels.
personal preference. I won't get in a debate of which is better. I prefer compatibility over exclusivity. And I build my own computers. apple wont let you do that or replace or upgrade components. macs for me are no good for what i want them for which is why i prefer PC.. now as far as windows vs mac i think both windows and macOS are both garbage personally. i use linux. ubuntu kali and raspian mainly... like with mac vs PC what i need my computers for, mac OS and windows don't allow me to do. That said, in the most recent update Windows now has a BASH shell included so you can compile and test projects without having to switch back and forth between computers. and as for the sheep comment, ive seen countless videos (jimmy kimmel did a few) where they tell people that they have a brand new iphone X (about a week before it comes out) and he asks people what they like about it. and they say "oh man this is a huge improvement etc etc id buy it in a heartbeat etc etc... when in actuality what they;re holding is a 1st gen Iphone... yet they like the fact that the screen is smaller and they say the high definition screen is amazing (even tho the 1st gen iphone didnt have high def screens). I'm sure if they did that with android there'd be a few people who were uneducated enough that would do the same thing but when i worked for ATT when i asked people why they like their iphone their response was "well, its an iphone!" when i asked android users what THEY liked they said everything from free apps/music to open source to customization options. whereas all the iphone users could say was i like it cause its an iphone... I could go on and on in depth about the pros and cons of each company apple has good aspects as does windows as far as operating systems but when it coms to hardware, macs vs PCs PCs will always win for me hands down due to the fact that if somethingbreaks or i need to upgrade parts i dont have to go to an apple store and have a "certified apple tech" mess with it... lol. (that and i dont like spending $1500 for a rig with specs that i could build in a PC for less than $800)
NRA Member

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Was not aware of YETIs anti gun/ NRA stance. Ironically, I have my NRA sticker on my 32 YETI tumbler. I don't own any other YETI products, and I won't be buying more. I do agree that we as 2a supporters, should let them know exactly how we feel, about them refusing to be an NRA vendor. However, I'm sure that any of their competitors would be more than willing to get their product names in front of NRA members.
It also irks me that they are a Texas company, that are not acting like Texans that I know, and I'll bet that the business they lose will adversely effect fellow Texans, who are employed there, who don't share corporate attitudes. But I will let my wallet speak for me, despite, the fact, that my meager overall investment to date has been minimal. JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

I think this is a particularly egregious case of anti-gun bias. As a result I will never buy ANY yeti products and will spread the word asking others not to also.

I did not like when the car rental companies separated from the NRA. That was stupid but was an agreement that gave a discount to NRA members. That is effectively subsidizing us a little, though it is a marketing tactic also. Credit card company did the same and I was similarly peeved by them.

But this was not a discount program. It was not a donation program. As far as I can tell from the TSRA letter, this was a refusal to sell a product at market price because the customer was the NRA Foundation. They have that right, but it is blatant anti-gun discrimination and, IMO, is as wrong as can be.

I never cared for Yeti's habit of suing companies for making a vacuum based cup and claiming it was an infringement if the base was narrowed to fit a cup holder like a Yeti is. I never cared for the price point either. But I kept my opinion to myself on them because it wasn't something I saw as an attack on my rights. This is an attack and I will defend myself. I hope all sportsmen stop buying anything Yeti and see who else needs all of these super-duper coolers. And I am not recommending forgiveness when they realize the mistake and come back to us. This is permanent for me.
Steve Rothstein

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”