Austin based Yeti quits doing business with NRA

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Austin based Yeti quits doing business with NRA

Post by Pawpaw »

puma guy wrote:
Pawpaw wrote:
puma guy wrote:The corporate sales of customized items is apparently very different than the arrangement with the NRA. Customized items would be like Bob's RV Service having tumblers with their logo. Tervis tumblers offers the same thing even putting your initials or name on a single item for small additional charges. YETI and the NRA had a special agreement/arrangement for promotions. with YETI products.
Like this?

Looks like it!
Dick's and YETI using similar business models.
Anyone that already owns a Yeti cooler should venture over to http://www.nrastore.com/ and order some stickers or bumper stickers and plaster them all over it.

Here's a new product idea for the NRA Store: Have some of those plastic covers made up that fit the tumblers. They would show support for the NRA and cover up the Yeti logo at the same time. :biggrinjester:
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I only own one Yeti product - a tumbler I got as part of my Christmas present from my daughter in law. I’m not junking it over this brouhaha; I like it too much......and it is OD green, so its right up my alley. Now, given that there are alternatives in the marketplace, I would take that into consideration when I get around to shopping for another product and check out Yeti’s competitors.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

apostate

Post by apostate »

I think it's silly to throw away previously purchased YETI products, although I do like the idea of putting a BRCC sticker (et cetera) over any YETI logos.

flechero
Posts in topic: 8

Post by flechero »

I'm not throwing my yeti stuff away either... (my big cooler was a gift from my late father in law) a simple decal of the NRA or a competitor will cover the yeti name when they goes into public again. And I may get ambitious and sand the name off the top where it has raised letters... call it prep for the new decal. :lol:

Topic author
bblhd672
Posts in topic: 6

Post by bblhd672 »

I ran across a suggestion that instead of people destroying Yeti products that eBay should be flooded with them, allowing the people who want them to buy them cheaply and prevent Yeti from making new sales.
And then donate part of the money received from selling the used Yeti products to the NRA.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

After Yeti Cuts Ties, Pelican Products Supports The NRA
Guns, cameras, telescopes, even laptops…these are all expensive equipment that you need to secure thoroughly when taking them from point A to point B. They are not the types of things you can just toss into a duffle and throw in your trunk before you hit the road.

So how do you transport such valuables? The answer is with a Pelican case. These sturdy, watertight cases come in a variety of sizes. A dozen Pelican products are on sale in this one-day-only deal.

Pelican is a patriotic company. Like RTIC, Pelican (which also makes coolers) came out in support of the Second Amendment after Yeti severed ties with the NRA:
Also:
For every cooler purchased this month, we’ll donate $10 to the NRA + and give you a FREE 22oz tumbler of your choice. Promo code: PELICANPROUD
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

b4aftr

Post by b4aftr »

Now I’m proud to come out and admit I’m a pelican caseaholic. Looks like I’ll continue the addiction.

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

NRA giving away free cooler stickers as YETI battle continues
"Don't blow up your Yeti cooler. Don't shoot your Yeti cooler full of holes. Don't chain your Yeti cooler to the back of your pick-up truck and drag it down the highway. Don't glue a toilet seat to Yeti cooler. Don't hang your Yeti cooler in a tree and beat it with a baseball bat," Hammer wrote. "Put a big "I stand with the NRA Foundation" sticker on your YETI cooler and keep using it. They cost too much money to destroy to make a statement. Let a sticker make your statement."

The stickers will be given away at the NRA annual meeting planned for May 4-6 in Dallas or at local Friends of NRA Banquets held around the country

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

Friendly Fire: YETI And The NRA...A Self Inflicted Wound
The reality is this: YETI has caused this injury to itself. By turning it's back on the small vendors that made it the exclusive brand it is, by using lawyers to increase the bottom line instead of innovation, and by damaging an invaluable 7 year relationship with the NRA, YETI has created many of the "market forces" that have forced it to withdraw it's IPO, lose thousands of pro-NRA customers, and discourage thousands of others from investing in a high priced YETI cooler, sending all of those customers into the waiting arms of the competition.

NotRPB

Post by NotRPB »

Just had a big 3-day long church meeting with tons of visitors from other cities last weekend and interestingly the Yeti cooler's ice melted before the another (less expensive) brand cooler's ice melted.

KLB
Posts in topic: 2

Post by KLB »

b4aftr wrote:Now I’m proud to come out and admit I’m a pelican caseaholic. Looks like I’ll continue the addiction.
Pelican makes a great cigar case for travel.

KLB

Post by KLB »

treadlightly wrote:Could be Yeti is just another tone-deaf company when it comes to the implications of their decisions.
Do wild bears tend to their business in the woods?

Ruark

Post by Ruark »

I just use Igloo coolers from Academy and they work just fine.
-Ruark

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 4

Post by RoyGBiv »

I have a few miscellaneous coolers around the house that get used from time to time. New coolers seem to be purchased while traveling... Fly someplace (OBX), need a cooler for less than the $50 (round trip) it would cost to check it as baggage. I've tossed out a lot of Styrofoam coolers over the years, or left them for the next guy at rentals.

I'm definitely not in Yetis demographic. :lol:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

RoyGBiv wrote:I have a few miscellaneous coolers around the house that get used from time to time. New coolers seem to be purchased while traveling... Fly someplace (OBX), need a cooler for less than the $50 (round trip) it would cost to check it as baggage. I've tossed out a lot of Styrofoam coolers over the years, or left them for the next guy at rentals.

I'm definitely not in Yetis demographic. :lol:
I knew I liked you for a reason. :lol:
Psalm 91:2

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”