Austin based Yeti quits doing business with NRA

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
bblhd672
Posts in topic: 6

Austin based Yeti quits doing business with NRA

Post by bblhd672 »

Received email from TSRA this morning saying that Austin based Yeti Corporation has notified NRA Foundation that they will no longer sell products to the NRA.
For years YETI Coolers have been a hot item for sportsmen at the Friends of NRA Foundation Banquet and Auction events around the country.

These Foundation events raise money to support youth programs and educational programs nationwide. The youth of America who benefit from these programs are the future hunters, hikers, fishermen/women, bikers, campers, wildlife photographers, mountain climbers, sportsmen/women and conservationists who will protect our natural resources and recreational lands.

Suddenly, without prior notice, YETI has declined to do business with The NRA Foundation saying they no longer wish to be an NRA vendor, and refused to say why.
Well, the Yeti people can stick their overpriced products where their heads must be.
Alienating large portions of your customer base seems to be a trend with companies these days.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Abraham

Re: Austin based Yeti quits doing business with NRA

Post by Abraham »

Yeti = Noti-for me

bigtek
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bigtek »

Abraham wrote:Yeti = Noti-for me
How many of their coolers have you bought before today?
Deck the halls with nitroglycerin
Fa la la la la la la la la!
Strike a match and see who's missin'

Lena
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Lena »

zero and not even thought of it
Stay Safe

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

bigtek ,

Why do you ask?

Keith B
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Keith B »

Everyone thinks these YETI coolers are some great new innovation, when in reality they are not. When you look at any of the high-efficiency coolers (YETI, Orca, RTIC, etc) they are nothing more than extremely thick-walled coolers. I liken it to putting 2x6 vs 2x4 walls in your house. You add the extra 2" of insulation in the walls and they are gonna be better. The downside with the coolers is the size of the inside compartment for storage is compromised in return for the gain in insulation.

So, if you need your ice to last 3 days because you can't get out to get more, then yeah, it does what it is supposed to. Personally, for how I use a cooler, I would rather have more storage area or smaller exterior dimensions and replace the ice more often. I also do that for a LOT less money than buying one of these overpriced food lockers.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

bigtek
Banned

Post by bigtek »

Abraham wrote:bigtek ,

Why do you ask?
Abraham,

Why do you ask?
Deck the halls with nitroglycerin
Strike a match and see who's missin'

jb2012

Post by jb2012 »

I guess I'll need to find a much bigger NRA sticker for my RTIC.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

bigtek,

What we've got here is failure to communicate...

I asked because your question to me:
How many of their coolers have you bought before today?

I asked because your question came across as ...odd, so I asked out curiosity and wondered what's the point of your question?

I've bought 3 of various sizes coolers. One for me and two as gifts. Although the last one is THE last one given their jumping on the bandwagon anti-NRA stance.

Now, the point of your question is...?

Thanks

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 4

Post by anygunanywhere »

I don't have any yeti coolers but have some travel mugs.

Not gonna buy any more.

Never put their stupid stickers on my vehicles.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

strogg

Post by strogg »

I don't really understand the point of expensive, high end coolers. For just a matter of a few Washingtons, you can get yourself a large styrofoam container that can work just as well if not better than the high end stuff. Our company has a vendor that ships items to us in those containers packed with dry ice. I snagged one and some dry ice from our shipping department once to pick up some ice cream cake for a long haul transport. It worked great. Just for fun, I wanted to see how long the dry ice would stay in the container after I was done. The answer? Over 2 weeks.

LDB415

Post by LDB415 »

RTIC is every bit as good for about half the cost. Never bought Yeti and for sure never will now.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

Medley86

Post by Medley86 »

strogg wrote:I don't really understand the point of expensive, high end coolers. For just a matter of a few Washingtons, you can get yourself a large styrofoam container that can work just as well if not better than the high end stuff. Our company has a vendor that ships items to us in those containers packed with dry ice. I snagged one and some dry ice from our shipping department once to pick up some ice cream cake for a long haul transport. It worked great. Just for fun, I wanted to see how long the dry ice would stay in the container after I was done. The answer? Over 2 weeks.
I used to have the same mentality, buy cheap igloo coolers, replace yearly. I keep one in my truck and keep it iced down pretty much all the time to carry drinks for work(water, Gatorade, etc). Finally broke down a couple of years ago and bought a pelican cooler. In less than a year the coat of the ice I didn't have to buy every day because it was lasting 2-3 days equaled what I paid for the cooler. On top of that being built better after 2 years it is in perfect condition whereas I would have bought 2 cheaper coolers in that time. I don't think everyone needs one for weekend duty, but if you are going to keep things iced down most of the year they make great sense.
Ruger LCP in a Talon wallet holster EDC

mrvmax
Posts in topic: 3

Post by mrvmax »

Hard to beat the price on Palm coolers.

http://palmcoolers.com/product/85-litres-90-quarts/

Topic author
bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

LDB415 wrote:RTIC is every bit as good for about half the cost. Never bought Yeti and for sure never will now.
RTIC is the brand I have. If its good enough for Buc-Ees it’s good enough for me! :mrgreen:
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”