Austin based Yeti quits doing business with NRA

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

SQLGeek
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Austin based Yeti quits doing business with NRA

Post by SQLGeek »

Meanwhile, RTIC posted a sponsored post on Facebook that was simply an image quoting the 2nd Amendment. Smart move on their part.
Psalm 91:2

Grundy1133
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Grundy1133 »

SQLGeek wrote:Meanwhile, RTIC posted a sponsored post on Facebook that was simply an image quoting the 2nd Amendment. Smart move on their part.
LOL i saw that!! "rlol"
NRA Member

OldCurlyWolf
Posts in topic: 1

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

bblhd672 wrote:
LDB415 wrote:RTIC is every bit as good for about half the cost. Never bought Yeti and for sure never will now.
RTIC is the brand I have. If its good enough for Buc-Ees it’s good enough for me! :mrgreen:
The only problem with the lesser priced brands is that they are all made in China. Even Yeti has all of their thermal cups made in China.
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

cyphertext
Posts in topic: 9

Post by cyphertext »

OldCurlyWolf wrote:
bblhd672 wrote:
LDB415 wrote:RTIC is every bit as good for about half the cost. Never bought Yeti and for sure never will now.
RTIC is the brand I have. If its good enough for Buc-Ees it’s good enough for me! :mrgreen:
The only problem with the lesser priced brands is that they are all made in China. Even Yeti has all of their thermal cups made in China.
Unless you call them and ask for an American made cooler, you are not guaranteed to get one...

From their website. https://www.yeti.com/faq.html#product-info

"Our Tundra coolers are manufactured in the USA at facilities located in Minnesota and Wisconsin as well as at a facility located in the Philippines."

LucasMcCain
Posts in topic: 2

Post by LucasMcCain »

I would just like to take this opportunity to point out that Pelican makes high end coolers and tumblers. I'm not really into this sort of thing, so I cannot personally attest to their quality or price versus Yeti. However, I would say it's a pretty safe bet that they are not going to turn anti-gun on us any time soon. As far as I know, they are made in the U.S. but I'm having a hard time confirming that. Just a heads up.
I prefer dangerous freedom to safety in chains.

Let's go Brandon.

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Wow. Just wow.

I thought Yeti sold products to hunters and fishermen. A lot of whom are the NRA. I have bought several tumblers from them, but went with RTIC for my larger coolers. I am so glad I made that decision! As far as Yeti, if they don't want my business, that's fine. They can sell exclusively to non-NRA members. I'm sure it won't cost them more than a quarter or a half of their revenues.

txglock21

Post by txglock21 »

Just like Dick's, never bought from them. They aren't losing my business, because they never had it in the first place! :coolgleamA:
"Laugh about everything or cry about nothing."
NRA Life Member & TSRA Member/ Former USAF

Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

txglock21 wrote:Just like Dick's, never bought from them. They aren't losing my business, because they never had it in the first place! :coolgleamA:
same here. I've never been to dick's and i refused to pay $60 for a hot/cold mug. wal mart brand is where its at. :coolgleamA: :coolgleamA:
NRA Member

Topic author
bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

#BoycottYeti
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

flechero
Posts in topic: 8

Post by flechero »

I wonder how many thousands of "contact us" emails were waiting in their in box this morning! :lol:

When yeti began, there entire customer base were gun owners... now they are hip- I hope they choke (financially speaking) on that arrogance.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

flechero wrote:I wonder how many thousands of "contact us" emails were waiting in their in box this morning! :lol:

When yeti began, there entire customer base were gun owners... now they are hip- I hope they choke (financially speaking) on that arrogance.
Here is the e-mail I just sent them.
I just received notice that you are cutting ties with the NRA. I am disappointed to hear this. As a hunter and fisherman, I have been one of your customers. I own several of your products. You are not less expensive than your competitors. And your products are not better. But I have chosen to buy Yeti because you are a Texas company. And I mistakenly believed that you supported Texans like me. People who like to hunt, fish, host barbeque's and crawfish boils. And who are, of course, NRA members.

Now that you have made it clear that you don't consider people like me to be worthy of your products, rest assured that I will never again sully your precious products by buying them in the future.

Quite frankly, your company disgusts me and I sincerely hope that you all burn in hell.

Sincerely yours,

XXXXXXXXXXXXX

dawgfishboy

Post by dawgfishboy »

That didn't end well... :evil2:

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

Aw, don't hold back, don't sugar coat it, SD. Tell them how you REALLY feel. :thumbs2: ;-)
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

comp73

Post by comp73 »

Yeti is now claiming that the NRA-ILA is misrepresenting the issue. YETI claims that they just got rid of an "outdated discounting program" for multiple companies, including the NRA, while offering an "alternative customization program". The statement ends with Yeti stating they support both the US Constitution and the 2nd Amendment.

This looks like a reaction to the many negative comments and emails they must be receiving over this. My gut is telling me that Yeti is full of it.

Anyone know somebody high up within the NRA that might be able to confirm or deny....

Mark
One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. -Thomas Jefferson

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

comp73 wrote:Yeti is now claiming that the NRA-ILA is misrepresenting the issue. YETI claims that they just got rid of an "outdated discounting program" for multiple companies, including the NRA, while offering an "alternative customization program". The statement ends with Yeti stating they support both the US Constitution and the 2nd Amendment.

This looks like a reaction to the many negative comments and emails they must be receiving over this. My gut is telling me that Yeti is full of it.

Anyone know somebody high up within the NRA that might be able to confirm or deny....

Mark
Given the current state of the situation, if YETI is supportive of the NRA, they need to come out and say exactly that. None of this bull about "supporting the second amendment". That statement is next to meaningless without specific direct action. They are trying to refute a claim that they do not support the NRA. If this claim is false, then say "we support the NRA". It's really just that simple.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”