Austin based Yeti quits doing business with NRA

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Abraham
Posts in topic: 6

Re: Austin based Yeti quits doing business with NRA

Post by Abraham »

I saw this gem within their overly long garbage response: "YETI has always prominently featured hunters pursuing their passions."

Uh-huh = FUDDS!

No support for self defense mentioned when it comes to firearms.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

mrvmax wrote:
flowrie wrote:I sent an email to Yeti, here is their response sent to me via email.

“We're writing in response to your recent email inquiry.

A few weeks ago, YETI notified the NRA Foundation, as well as a number of other organizations, that we were eliminating a group of outdated discounting programs. When we notified the NRA Foundation and the other organizations of this change, YETI explained that we were offering them an alternative customization program broadly available to consumers and organizations, including the NRA Foundation. These facts directly contradict the inaccurate statement the NRA-ILA distributed on April 20.

Further, the NRA-ILA stated in that same public communication that "[YETI has] declined to continue helping America's young people enjoy outdoor recreational activities." Nothing is further from the truth. YETI was founded more than 10 years ago with a passion for the outdoors, and over the course of our history we have actively and enthusiastically supported hunters, anglers and the broader outdoor community. We have been devoted to and will continue to directly support causes tied to our passion for the outdoors, including by working with many organizations that promote conservation and management of wildlife resources and habitat restoration. From our website to our film footage and from our social media posts to our ambassadors, YETI has always prominently featured hunters pursuing their passions. Moreover, YETI is unwavering in our belief in and commitment to the Constitution of the United States and its Second Amendment.

Thanks for reaching out to YETI.”
I think it’s damage control. Until they show proof I won’t believe it.
You're right, it's damage control because they are in serious trouble. They are lying pure and simple.

Even if YETI reverses its position on the NRA, I hope everyone stays away from their products. Companies, especially those who market is clearly NRA members, need to learn that they cannot test the waters by being anti-NRA/anti-gun, then backtrack if it hurts their bottom line. I hope YETI goes under in record time.

Chas.

chamberc
Posts in topic: 1

Post by chamberc »

Abraham wrote:I saw this gem within their overly long garbage response: "YETI has always prominently featured hunters pursuing their passions."

No support for self defense mentioned when it comes to firearms.
Is self-defense an activity that normally lends itself to need cold storage of perishables?
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
LTC since 2000
http://www.texas3006.com

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Beiruty »

Backtracking from the calls, emails, FB messages, etc...
No, they say we support the 2ndA and here is the full official statement.

OFFICIAL STATEMENT
FROM YETI

Austin, Texas (April 23, 2018) — A few weeks ago, YETI® notified the NRA Foundation, as well as a number of other organizations, that we were eliminating a group of outdated discounting programs. When we notified the NRA Foundation and the other organizations of this change, YETI explained that we were offering them an alternative customization program broadly available to consumers and organizations, including the NRA Foundation. These facts directly contradict the inaccurate statement the NRA-ILA distributed on April 20.

Further, the NRA-ILA stated in that same public communication that “[YETI has] declined to continue helping America’s young people enjoy outdoor recreational activities.” Nothing is further from the truth. YETI was founded more than 10 years ago with a passion for the outdoors, and over the course of our history we have actively and enthusiastically supported hunters, anglers and the broader outdoor community. We have been devoted to and will continue to directly support causes tied to our passion for the outdoors, including by working with many organizations that promote conservation and management of wildlife resources and habitat restoration. From our website to our film footage and from our social media posts to our ambassadors, YETI has always prominently featured hunters pursuing their passions. Moreover, YETI is unwavering in our belief in and commitment to the Constitution of the United States and its Second Amendment.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

ELB

Post by ELB »

Instapundit (Glenn Reynolds) posted the following picture on his blog:

https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/294959/

I don't see anything at the pelicancoolers.com website about it, but I didn't try to buy a cooler either.
USAF 1982-2005

LucasMcCain

Post by LucasMcCain »

They can try to spin it however they want. They no longer support the NRA. They knock the NRA. They are no longer affiliated with the NRA. That's all I need to know.

They give lip service to the Second Amendment to try to do damage control. Too bad; the damage is done. The people are taking sides, and Yeti has made it clear they are not on mine.
I prefer dangerous freedom to safety in chains.

Let's go Brandon.

cyphertext
Posts in topic: 9

Post by cyphertext »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
mrvmax wrote:
flowrie wrote:I sent an email to Yeti, here is their response sent to me via email.

“We're writing in response to your recent email inquiry.

A few weeks ago, YETI notified the NRA Foundation, as well as a number of other organizations, that we were eliminating a group of outdated discounting programs. When we notified the NRA Foundation and the other organizations of this change, YETI explained that we were offering them an alternative customization program broadly available to consumers and organizations, including the NRA Foundation. These facts directly contradict the inaccurate statement the NRA-ILA distributed on April 20.

Further, the NRA-ILA stated in that same public communication that "[YETI has] declined to continue helping America's young people enjoy outdoor recreational activities." Nothing is further from the truth. YETI was founded more than 10 years ago with a passion for the outdoors, and over the course of our history we have actively and enthusiastically supported hunters, anglers and the broader outdoor community. We have been devoted to and will continue to directly support causes tied to our passion for the outdoors, including by working with many organizations that promote conservation and management of wildlife resources and habitat restoration. From our website to our film footage and from our social media posts to our ambassadors, YETI has always prominently featured hunters pursuing their passions. Moreover, YETI is unwavering in our belief in and commitment to the Constitution of the United States and its Second Amendment.

Thanks for reaching out to YETI.”
I think it’s damage control. Until they show proof I won’t believe it.
You're right, it's damage control because they are in serious trouble. They are lying pure and simple.

Chas.
Mr. Cotton, can you elaborate on Yeti "lying"? Do you have the statement from YETI to Friends of NRA stating that the program was being discontinued? Does it mention a new program?

Right now we have both sides claiming the other is "lying"... not sure who to believe anymore.

Abraham
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Abraham »

cyphertext,

I saw your post and while you're waiting on Mr. Cotton, I thought I'd offer I'd believe the NRA long before I'd believe Yeti.

The NRA has credibility.

Yeti doesn't.

Keith B
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Keith B »

cyphertext wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote: You're right, it's damage control because they are in serious trouble. They are lying pure and simple.

Chas.
Mr. Cotton, can you elaborate on Yeti "lying"? Do you have the statement from YETI to Friends of NRA stating that the program was being discontinued? Does it mention a new program?

Right now we have both sides claiming the other is "lying"... not sure who to believe anymore.
Here is the letter from the NRA-ILA with the statement from Marion Hammer. It states YETI was not telling them why they were not selling to them, so he must have had correspondence with them. Now YETI is backing up and trying to weasel out of their initial boycott because of the backlash from NRA members. https://www.nraila.org/articles/2018042 ... foundation
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 4

Post by RoyGBiv »

Keith B wrote:Here is the letter from the NRA-ILA with the statement from Marion Hammer. It states YETI was not telling them why they were not selling to them, so he must have had correspondence with them. Now YETI is backing up and trying to weasel out of their initial boycott because of the backlash from NRA members. https://www.nraila.org/articles/2018042 ... foundation
Thanks Keith. :tiphat:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

rtschl
Posts in topic: 3

Post by rtschl »

How is the NRA supposed to prove a negative? They said it was without prior notice and YETI refused to say why. The burden of proof is squarely in the hands of YETI. If they are telling the truth they need to do the following:

* Show proof that they offered "an alternative customization program" prior to NRA-ILA statement
* Show proof that this notice (and alternative program) was made to other organizations
Ron
NRA Member

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 4

Post by RoyGBiv »

http://floridapolitics.com/archives/262 ... ion-hammer
Here’s what Hammer told us this morning about the origin of the spat:

“YETI severed ties with the NRA and is now engaging in damage control after a backlash from many of its customers. In early March, YETI refused to place a previously negotiated order from NRA-ILA, citing ‘recent events’ as the reason – a clear reference to the tragedy in Parkland, Florida. YETI then delivered notice to the NRA Foundation that it was terminating a 7 year agreement and demanded that the NRA remove the YETI name and logo from all NRA digital assets, as well as refrain from using any YETI trademarks in future print material. While YETI is trying to spin the story otherwise, those are the facts.”
:mad5
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

cyphertext

Post by cyphertext »

Keith B wrote:
cyphertext wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote: You're right, it's damage control because they are in serious trouble. They are lying pure and simple.

Chas.

Here is the letter from the NRA-ILA with the statement from Marion Hammer. It states YETI was not telling them why they were not selling to them, so he must have had correspondence with them. Now YETI is backing up and trying to weasel out of their initial boycott because of the backlash from NRA members. https://www.nraila.org/articles/2018042 ... foundation
That doesn't answer the question... does anyone have any actual correspondence from Yeti to the Friends of NRA? I want to see how it was explained.

cyphertext

Post by cyphertext »

rtschl wrote:How is the NRA supposed to prove a negative? They said it was without prior notice and YETI refused to say why. The burden of proof is squarely in the hands of YETI. If they are telling the truth they need to do the following:

* Show proof that they offered "an alternative customization program" prior to NRA-ILA statement
* Show proof that this notice (and alternative program) was made to other organizations
That is why I would like to see the original correspondence. YETI says that they offered an alternative program, NRA says they didn't... One of them is lying. The NRA could just as easily clear this up by providing the original correspondence as well.

If the NRA is telling the truth, why did this announcement come out of the Florida group only, vs a national release?

John Galt

Post by John Galt »

I ordered a RTIC tumbler last night, and their slogan is over built-not over priced.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”