Banks, credit-card cos. explore tracking gun purchases

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Banks, credit-card cos. explore tracking gun purchases

Post by bblhd672 »

Hornady stands up to State of New York
https://press.hornady.com/release/2018/ ... -new-york/
Today, the State of New York did one of the most despicable acts ever perpetrated by any state by asking New York banks, financial institutions and insurance companies to stop doing business with the gun and ammo industry.

While it may not make a difference to New York, Hornady will not knowingly allow our ammunition to be sold to the Government of the State of NY or any NY agencies. Their actions are a blatant and disgusting abuse of office and we won’t be associated with a government that acts like that. They should be ashamed.

-Steve Hornady, president of Hornady Manufacturing Company
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

tomneal wrote:Without the ability to use cash, 'THEY' can control your spending.
:iagree:
Whenever you hear government or financial industry promoting a "cashless society" remember this.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

DEB
Posts in topic: 1

Post by DEB »

bblhd672 wrote:
tomneal wrote:Without the ability to use cash, 'THEY' can control your spending.
Whenever you hear government or financial industry promoting a "cashless society" remember this.
Exactly my thoughts. :thumbs2:
Unless we keep the barbarian virtues, gaining the civilized ones will be of little avail. Oversentimentality, oversoftness, washiness, and mushiness are the great dangers of this age and of this people." Teddy Roosevelt"
DEB=Daniel E Bertram
U.S. Army Retired, (Sapper). VFW Life Member.

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

flechero wrote:
SQLGeek wrote:
Capture.PNG
That alone is a great ad for carrying cash! I'm a cash guy, the wife is a debit carder... whenever there is a "problem" she asks if I have any cash. :lol:
You're not kidding. I don't consider myself the tin foil hat type normally but cash sure seems to look better all the time.
Psalm 91:2

joe817

Post by joe817 »

I don't know how others think about this absurd bank proposal(discussion, etc), but this concerns me MUCH more than the liberal's efforts to pass even more gun control laws(that has proven over time to be ineffective). This would create a national gun ownership database, which IMO is one step closer to more radical moves by the left(read that to mean: discrimination, more restrictions, even confiscation).

One of the commentators below the article has I think a WONDERFUL idea:

" The NRA can organize / charter
ITS OWN for-profit bank and/or holding companies to offer banking and related financial services, including extension of credit to manufacturers and to individuals and to organizations that SUPPORT the NRA mission, individual liberty and freedom, including our precious Second Amendment -- as opposed to farming out and/or sponsoring these services offered by another banking institution.

In this way, the NRA and its membership and manufacturers AND sellers at all levels would benefit directly and the NRA would be supported directly -- and, as an additional benefit, those who would deprive US of OUR rights will be prevented from profiting, not only supporting these activities but also INSULATING them from leftist control.

Please remember, that those banks and their leftist supporters know that cutting off finance services can spell doom to firearms-related businesses by scrutinizing, identifying and segregating their income streams, by data warehousing and then by throttling their financial transactions as sure and as effective as any other means to eviscerate the Second Amendment.

Support OUR NRA -- and support those businesses that support and further OUR values and freedoms!

NRA: Now is the time for the NRA BANK, N.A."

I would be all over that like a frog on a junebug! :thumbs2:
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 4

Post by RoyGBiv »

Think about all the things you choose to do/consume that might be "bad" (by a nanny-state definition).
-- Smoke cigarettes/cigars or consume other tobacco products
-- Drink Beer/Booze
-- Eat fast food
-- Drink sugary drinks

Or stuff that's hard to pay cash for...
-- Travel to places with health risks/warnings
-- Drive faster than the speed limit
-- Join organizations that are "outside the mainstream"

How far into the future do you need to look to see governments, insurance companies (especially healthcare), etc. consider consumer behavior when making business decisions about you?

The data that enables Kroger to deliver "targeted advertising" to you is the same data that would enable your health insurance company to raise your rates for buying too much red meat or not enough vegetables. All of this data exists today. Except when you pay cash.... Or Bitcoin... Or Ether... Or..
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

flechero

Post by flechero »

I was never a tin foil hat kind of guy but y'all are starting to scare me or at least validate my distant concerns.

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

Look up "Bank Holiday" see what happens when the bank (s) seizure all your money and just give you an allowance!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

KLB

Post by KLB »

flechero wrote:I was never a tin foil hat kind of guy but y'all are starting to scare me or at least validate my distant concerns.
Rest easy. They want to control every aspect of our lives for our own good. How could we be concerned about such benevolence? Comrade Stalin, er, I mean, Governor Cuomo has our best interests at heart.

Grundy1133
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Grundy1133 »

bblhd672 wrote:
Whenever you hear government or financial industry promoting a "cashless society" remember the book of Revelation...
NRA Member

PriestTheRunner

Post by PriestTheRunner »

crazy2medic wrote:Look up "Bank Holiday" see what happens when the bank (s) seizure all your money and just give you an allowance!
I didn't know about these until about three months ago (when researching the finances / market movements of the great depression). Holy cow that is a scary concept.

And imagine if it were to occur with modern electronics. Most people keep no cash on hand. If anything happened and those plastic cards were turned 'off', that could get hairy.

Interesting to consider the 21st century implications of it.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Given "Level 3 credit card data" buy all things gun with cash.

Gonna make buying over the internet difficult - like ammo from SGA.

Or, simply not worry ourselves about Level 3 and do what we want when we want and let the devil take the hindmost or something like that...

And if we make a run on the banks - where to put the cash...?

Anyone?

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Abraham wrote:Given "Level 3 credit card data" buy all things gun with cash.

Or, simply not worry ourselves about Level 3 and do what we want when we want and let the devil take the hindmost or something like that...

Anyone?
Credit cards - SGA and other companies can cash checks, money orders, etc. There are also eCheck options.

Banks - Banks keep a very small percentage of deposits in cash, so any real run would cause a banking crisis immediately. I'm defining "crisis" to mean that the bank would be unable to give their depositors their cash. So you wouldn't need to hold cash for very long. If we targeted just the most egregious banks, you could simply deposit the money in a different bank. The point would be made if even one bank was brought down.

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 4

Post by RoyGBiv »

Abraham wrote:Given "Level 3 credit card data" buy all things gun with cash.

Anyone?
Using a reloadable prepaid card could help break the link between your transactional data and your identity. However, using prepaid cards online will create a link between your account and your ship to address and email address.

:roll:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”