They ARE coming to take your guns!

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
canvasbck
Posts in topic: 3

They ARE coming to take your guns!

Post by canvasbck »

Remember these stories when you hear the lie: "No one is coming to take your guns"

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc ... -1.3959690
Harvey, who has no prior criminal record, was charged with multiple count of illegal weapons possession.
"Illegal firearms pose an extreme risk to the public, and in Queens County creating your own warehouse of lethal shotguns and rifles will not be tolerated," Queens District Attorney Richard Brown said.
Harvey's friend and neighbor, Joe Russo, 50, said there was no reason for all the alarm.

"These allegations are insane," he said. "He is a gun collector. His father was one too. He gave him the guns. It's amazing what some people will come up with. He's a hardworking man who has never been in trouble."
DO NOT just write this off as "Well, that's in New York". No one is standing up to this! If you look at the picture from the latest gun confiscation, the guy had a collection of hunting rifles and shotguns. Not even a large collection (16 guns). Most of us here have way more than this guy.

They talk about three different arrests in the article, and none of those arrested had any prior crimes and the article does not mention any other warning signs about the individual posing any kind of threat other than having the audacity to own firearms.
"All bleeding eventually stops.......quit whining!"

Paladin
Posts in topic: 2

Re: They ARE coming to take your guns!

Post by Paladin »

It was the third arrest in the past two weeks of a person with a huge cache of illegal weapons in their home.
Sounds like the NYPD is rolling these gun collectors up. Note to other NYC gun collectors... time to get your collection out of state.

Last time I was in NYC there were numerous psychotics roaming the streets. One psychotic in particular was on the subway and singled me out and made threats at me. As usual police weren't around when you needed them. Who knows if police would have done anything if they were there? And the NYPD doesn't let you carry so much as a MAGLITE or OC spray. The psychotic got off at the next subway stop and stared me down until the door closed. Glad I am big, strong, and able to handle myself, because that situation could have gone bad in a hurry. NYC is absolutely a place any reasonable person would want/need weapons for self defense.

I loath NYC. The streets smell like a toilet. I don't believe people are meant to live in concrete jungles. And I hate New York calls itself "The Empire State". Imperialism is the creation of an unequal relationship between states through domination. America fought against the British Empire to get away from imperialism. It reflects horribly on our nation to have a large state call or think of itself as "The Empire State".
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Paladin wrote:I loath NYC. The streets smell like a toilet. I don't believe people are meant to live in concrete jungles. And I hate New York calls itself "The Empire State". Imperialism is the creation of an unequal relationship between states through domination. America fought against the British Empire to get away from imperialism. It reflects horribly on our nation to have a large state call or think of itself as "The Empire State".
The problem here is, you’re making a lot of sense. We can’t be having that! :lol:

I lived in Manhattan twice: for about a year and a half down in SoHo in the early ‘70s; and then for 3 years back in the ‘70s, mostly at 232 E. 83rd St, between 2nd and 3rd Avenues, but before that for a few months over on W 87th, between West End and Riverside Drives. While it is true that some areas smell more like a toilet than other areas, NONE of them smell good. Ever since I left there for good, in December of 1978, it’s been my belief that NYC is a great place to visit, but I wouldn’t want to live there. For 40 years now, I haven’t found the motivation to want to visit NYC.......so I guess it’s not even a great place to visit like I thought it was.

I hadn’t honestly considered the “Empire State” aspect, but you’re absolutely right. The fact that Al Qaeda thought that attacking the WTC would cripple the entire nation’s economy is significant. Fortunately, it wasn’t as mighty a blow as they had hoped. Yes, it did hurt us, but it didn’t completely wipe out the national economy. Yet the fact that it even hurt the economy to the degree that it did is disturbing to me.....that all that economic power should be concentrated in one city..... and that city isn’t even the nation’s capital. My guess is that they call themselves the ‘Empire State’ because they are, and always have been throughout most of our history, the seat of the world’s economic empire.

But like you, I hate the notion of empire, and the sickness of the empire mentality permeates NYC.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
canvasbck

Post by canvasbck »

Wait a minute TAM, You've lived in NYC AND California?!?

I'm hoping you have been through some sort of deprogramming

:biggrinjester:

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

canvasbck wrote:Wait a minute TAM, You've lived in NYC AND California?!?

I'm hoping you have been through some sort of deprogramming

:biggrinjester:
TAM deprogrammed himself when he realized what the left was really offering. :tiphat:
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Paladin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Paladin »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Paladin wrote:I loath NYC. The streets smell like a toilet. I don't believe people are meant to live in concrete jungles. And I hate New York calls itself "The Empire State". Imperialism is the creation of an unequal relationship between states through domination. America fought against the British Empire to get away from imperialism. It reflects horribly on our nation to have a large state call or think of itself as "The Empire State".
The problem here is, you’re making a lot of sense. We can’t be having that! :lol:

I lived in Manhattan twice: for about a year and a half down in SoHo in the early ‘70s; and then for 3 years back in the ‘70s, mostly at 232 E. 83rd St, between 2nd and 3rd Avenues, but before that for a few months over on W 87th, between West End and Riverside Drives. While it is true that some areas smell more like a toilet than other areas, NONE of them smell good. Ever since I left there for good, in December of 1978, it’s been my belief that NYC is a great place to visit, but I wouldn’t want to live there. For 40 years now, I haven’t found the motivation to want to visit NYC.......so I guess it’s not even a great place to visit like I thought it was.

I hadn’t honestly considered the “Empire State” aspect, but you’re absolutely right. The fact that Al Qaeda thought that attacking the WTC would cripple the entire nation’s economy is significant. Fortunately, it wasn’t as mighty a blow as they had hoped. Yes, it did hurt us, but it didn’t completely wipe out the national economy. Yet the fact that it even hurt the economy to the degree that it did is disturbing to me.....that all that economic power should be concentrated in one city..... and that city isn’t even the nation’s capital. My guess is that they call themselves the ‘Empire State’ because they are, and always have been throughout most of our history, the seat of the world’s economic empire.

But like you, I hate the notion of empire, and the sickness of the empire mentality permeates NYC.
Glad it's not just me! :thumbs2: :thumbs2:
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

stroo

Post by stroo »

4-5 of those "rifles" looked like pellet guns to me. You could put out someone's eye with those.

Topic author
canvasbck

Post by canvasbck »

stroo wrote:4-5 of those "rifles" looked like pellet guns to me. You could put out someone's eye with those.
I counted 6, someone else thought there were 8

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Well, they can certainly try...and I think there are a lot of other folks who think the same.

Without my own armed protection, I may as well be dead. (I won't be your serf)

If, in my efforts to preserve what I think is necessary to keep from becoming a governmental slave, I die, then so be it...so I won't go gently into that good night..

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”