November 4th... What are your preparations

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Tex1961
Posts in topic: 4

November 4th... What are your preparations

Post by Tex1961 »

Just as the title says....The morning after assuming all votes are in and one of the candidates has conceded... We are basing our preparations on Trump winning again... I think no matter what or who wins there are going to be problems....

Unfortunately for me, I will be out of town about 3 hours away... I'll be in a small Texas town in a pretty protected area so I don't really see a huge problem where I am... We live in a nice part of town (West Plano / Frisco area) in a very large residential area so I don't really see much problems there either... My concerns are the sky screamers completely shutting down inner cities and possibly interfering with major traffic lanes... We've already seen the disruption that can occur, now imagine 10 fold, 20 fold, 100 fold....

With C-19 we've already done a pretty admirable job of stocking supplies, but my wife and I have decided to move up from about 3 months to around 6 months worth of food and cooking staples. I'm topping up all my tanks on my Motorhome and will have it available for use if need be.. If we can we have access to around 150 acres in the middle of nowhere... We've set aside cold hard cash in the safe as well....

While we don't plan on anything drastic, we sure want to be able to survive for several months if need be....

I used to scoff at articles about civil war coming, I'm not so sure anymore...

What are your plans...

mrvmax
Posts in topic: 1

Re: November 4th... What are your preparations

Post by mrvmax »

I will agree with you, no matter who wins there will be problems. I’m not doing anything extra but for those not prepared already you are way behind.
I thought the panic was bad during the last presidency but this is much worse. I’ve been trying to find ammo at my distributors for a while now and have been unsuccessful. It surprises me that there is virtually none available to buy (consider that it’s all allocated meaning sales reps get the ammo divvied up and can sell to their bigger customers). Here is all that’s been in stock in center fire handgun:
38 Super (I knew I should have picked up a 1911 in 38 Super)
460 S&W
500 S&W
32 ACP
9x23
7.62x38
450 bushmaster
454 Casull

And with some of those there are only a few boxes available. I’ve yet to see almost any handgun, AR or even shotgun in stock (no self defense type anyway). I don’t see this getting better any time soon. I’ve only been an FFL for 10 years but stuff is scarce.
Last edited by mrvmax on Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Odinvalknir
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Odinvalknir »

I don't foresee the 4th being too noisy, with the mail in ballot nonsense it will take a little longer I think, but there will be noise from both parties about cheating and whatever other scandals the left comes up with. I believe Trump will win outright, may even see a proverbial landslide. Unrest will probably increase as Trump is announced winner, though we've already heard as politicians like Killary tell him NOT to concede. Just be prepared to either stand guard, or bug out which ever is called for. I wish I had more ammo than I do, I wish I had more gear than I do, mainly for my family. But I am ready to meet whatever happens head on. Luckily through all of this, Houston has remained fairly quiet in the last month or so. Nothing compared to what we have seen up north.

AlaskanInTexas

Post by AlaskanInTexas »

Purchased some microwave popcorn for the evening.

Hoodasnacks

Post by Hoodasnacks »

My first preparation is to live in Texas where there are plenty of good guys (and gals). It's no fluke that our cities are not on fire.

This is a good reminder to buy more ammo. My normal "preparation" supply is due for replenishment. I always have food/ammo/etc. Like many of us, I am a prepared kind of guy.

I am still trying to figure out what happens when the house of cards of our financial system falls.

Odinvalknir

Post by Odinvalknir »

Is there anywhere online that actually has ammo still in stock?

Topic author
Tex1961
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Tex1961 »

Odinvalknir wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:17 pm Is there anywhere online that actually has ammo still in stock?
There seems to be plenty out there from individual sellers if your willing to pay the price... Average on TGT is .40 to .50 cents per round for 9mm and about the same for 223.

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

Tex1961 wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:19 pm
Odinvalknir wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:17 pm Is there anywhere online that actually has ammo still in stock?
There seems to be plenty out there from individual sellers if your willing to pay the price... Average on TGT is .40 to .50 cents per round for 9mm and about the same for 223.
Look at gunbroker. Some good deals there especially in large bulk quantities.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

I will be asking for help here shortly on how to finish out something I never got around to buying 4 years ago that y’all recommended.

strogg

Post by strogg »

I honestly think I'm good where I stand. I got plenty of everything I need here, including tons of popcorn.

Four years ago, I took the day after election off to celebrate with a friend. This year, I'm planning on staying home the day after the results are finalized. It doesn't matter who wins or loses. I'd rather play it safe.

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

If I had remote acreage far from the city, that's where I'd be on November 3 till whenever the rioting is over in the nearby cities.

jason812

Post by jason812 »

strogg wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:59 pm I honestly think I'm good where I stand. I got plenty of everything I need here, including tons of popcorn.

Four years ago, I took the day after election off to celebrate with a friend. This year, I'm planning on staying home the day after the results are finalized. It doesn't matter who wins or loses. I'd rather play it safe.
I took the day off after the last election because I was going to have a hangover. I told my boss I was going to be drinking either celebrating or in disgust.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

During Hurricane season I try to maintain several weeks worth of food and water at a minimum. I'll maintain that through the election, maybe add some more. I recently sprung for a generator and may get another one just to make sure I have enough power. I'll fill all the gas cans (about 20 gallons total), fill all the vehicles, etc. I have a good supply of guns and ammo for all members of the family if it comes to that. Oh, and I just recently got a decent set up of GMRS radios for the house, car, and handhelds, so we can stay in touch if cell service goes out. So basically just keep the normal Hurricane prep going for a few extra weeks.

Plan will be to shelter in place, if possible. If violence comes to my house, I'll defend my family and my property. I live in a pretty calm suburb that is far from downtown Houston, so I'm not anticipating any issues.

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

When Trump wins, I plan on watching the biden snowflakes melting on yourube, watching the hillary snowflakes melting was very entertaining and is still amusing!
But just in case I do have food, water, AMMO! stockpiled
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I’m as prepared as I can be with the resources that I have. I think what we’re going to do is go to go healed and vote as a family. My wife and I can wait by the car (with the guns) while my son and DIL go in to vote; and then they can wait for us and secure the vehicle while we go in to vote.

How we react afterward will depend on what happens next.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”