Registration for 2009 TexasCHLforum Day at PSC begins Sunday

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

seadog
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Registration for 2009 TexasCHLforum Day at PSC begins Sunday

Post by seadog »

Charles L Cotton Wrote;
Oh, I see. Sorry, but no one at the range is dealing with this event, or any others for that matter. The event organizers are always responsible for the record keeping. You have to mail it.

Chas.

Seadog replies;
Thanks Chas
Took class -------8/7/09
Sent papers------8/14/09
Return receipt---8/17/09
Check cashed ---8/21/09
Processing -------9/8/09
Complete---------10/15/09
Wally walk--------11/28/09 LOL
NRA member

seadog

Post by seadog »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:Someone has raised an issue I never considered. Some people may want to come to the TexasCHLforum Day without registering for any specific events. Since we need to have an accurate number for ordering the food, we need to know how many folks fall into this category.

To answer this question. I have set up a new "event" under the "TexasCHLforum Day - Seminars" Category titled "General Attendance." If you are attending and do not want to register for any seminars, clinics, or mini-clinics, please register for the "General Attendance" "seminar" and send your check for the $15 event fee. This will allow us to get an accurate count for ordering lunch.

People who come and don't register for anything will not get a name badge and the name badges will be your lunch ticket. Also, pursuant to PSC rules, you must either be a member (wearing your member badge), or a non-member who is registered to attend this event (wearing your name badge) to be on Club property, so please register.

Thanks,
Chas.
Does it matter if we signed up for clinics and signed up for General Attendance? Also, will there be an email confirmation showing that the check that is sent for the entrance fee arrived on time to firm up the registrations?
Took class -------8/7/09
Sent papers------8/14/09
Return receipt---8/17/09
Check cashed ---8/21/09
Processing -------9/8/09
NRA member

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 17

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

seadog wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:Someone has raised an issue I never considered. Some people may want to come to the TexasCHLforum Day without registering for any specific events. Since we need to have an accurate number for ordering the food, we need to know how many folks fall into this category.

To answer this question. I have set up a new "event" under the "TexasCHLforum Day - Seminars" Category titled "General Attendance." If you are attending and do not want to register for any seminars, clinics, or mini-clinics, please register for the "General Attendance" "seminar" and send your check for the $15 event fee. This will allow us to get an accurate count for ordering lunch.

People who come and don't register for anything will not get a name badge and the name badges will be your lunch ticket. Also, pursuant to PSC rules, you must either be a member (wearing your member badge), or a non-member who is registered to attend this event (wearing your name badge) to be on Club property, so please register.

Thanks,
Chas.
Does it matter if we signed up for clinics and signed up for General Attendance? Also, will there be an email confirmation showing that the check that is sent for the entrance fee arrived on time to firm up the registrations?
If you signed up for any seminars, clinics or mini-clinics, then there is no need to sign up for the General Attendance "seminar." General Attendance was added solely to let me get a good headcount for ordering lunch. Let me know if you signed up for General Attendance and I'll delete that registration. It may not matter if the Access reports I'm working on work as I intend, but they may not. :lol:

I will be sending email confirmation on checks in the next week or so. I was hoping to use Access for that too, but I have too little time to work on it.

Chas.

seadog

Post by seadog »

KFP wrote:I'm all registered and can't wait! I'm anxious to get a chance to meet other forum members and have a great time.

I realize that it will depend a lot on what clinics you're attending (and how many times you try the Texas Star), but how much ammo should we bring??? I'm trying to plan ahead in case I can't find any at the last minute.

Many thanks to Charles, PSC, and all of those helping with the event! :tiphat:
KFP,

Did you ever get an answer as to how much ammo you may need?
Took class -------8/7/09
Sent papers------8/14/09
Return receipt---8/17/09
Check cashed ---8/21/09
Processing -------9/8/09
NRA member

Jeremae
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Jeremae »

Well most clinics probably won't take more than 50 rounds....

If you plan to shooting the plate rack, a hundred or so should be enough....

If you want to shoot the Texas Stars .... Do you have a wheel barrow? :fire :fire :fire :evil2:
Reasonable gun control is hitting your target with the first shot.

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 17

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

seadog wrote:
KFP wrote:I'm all registered and can't wait! I'm anxious to get a chance to meet other forum members and have a great time.

I realize that it will depend a lot on what clinics you're attending (and how many times you try the Texas Star), but how much ammo should we bring??? I'm trying to plan ahead in case I can't find any at the last minute.

Many thanks to Charles, PSC, and all of those helping with the event! :tiphat:
KFP,

Did you ever get an answer as to how much ammo you may need?
That's very hard to answer because it depends a lot on how quick one is on the trigger. The clinics are 1hr. 45min. long, while the mini-clinics are 45 minutes. Some clinics will involve more shooting than others simply because of the subject matter. For example, shooting on the move or engaging multiple targets will use more ammo than proper use of purses & fanny packs or drawing and engaging.

As Jeremy said, the Texas Stars burns ammo like an RV burns gas and you can spend some ammo on the plate rack.

So it's virtually impossible to give a good estimate. That said, purely as a rough guess, if I were attending as a student, I'd bring 100 rds for every mini-clinic and 200 for clinics, plus what I wanted to burn on the Texas Stars, plate rack, open shooting, etc. That's just what I'd bring and that's because I like pulling a trigger. :lol: By no means is it necessary to bring that much ammo, especially if you don't reload. Just remember, if you bring too much, you take it home with you. Bring too little and you'll be air-gunning it.

Chas.

big 54r
Posts in topic: 3

Post by big 54r »

I just mailed my money order for forum day and I'm ready...woohoo! :clapping:

Even though I couldn't get in any of the clinics I wanted I am still going to come and bring a guest that I registered for the 2 mini clinics that I could get in.
They are late in the day but ooh well better than being shut out completely!

My 1st clinic isn't until 1430 "malfunction drills" 2nd is at 1630 "speed reloading" but I may come early anyway to get a run at some of the other happenings (like texas stars!) and if allowed look in (from the back of the class) on some of the mini clinics I wanted to attend but that where already fully booked.

Hopefully I'll have some fun and learn something also. :cheers2:

ES4Me
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ES4Me »

Charles:

Got all excited about the TexasCHL PSC day and make some silly scheduling errors. Want to open up those spots for other folks once I nail down where my hubby wishes to be at that particular time. I think I already know - just got a bit crazy with the scheduling because I didn't want him to feel left out. As we are advancing through middle age, it's the little things that excite us so.

HELP!!! :biggrinjester:
CHL Class - 08/22/09
App Mailed to DPS - 09/16/09
Recv'd by DPS - 09/17/09
Processing App - 11/11/09
Plastic in Hand - 12/26/09

Return to “2009 TexasCHLforum Day at PSC”