Registration for 2009 TexasCHLforum Day at PSC begins Sunday

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Carrots

Re: Registration for 2009 TexasCHLforum Day at PSC begins Sunday

Post by Carrots »

There seems to be an awful lot of these which are already unbookable considering we are only four days into registration. Reminds me of trying to get a Grand Prix ticket for Monaco. Roll on 2010 I guess "rlol"

apostate
Posts in topic: 1

Post by apostate »

The mini-clinics are limited to 6 people each session so it's not surprising those are filling up quickly.

He who hesitates is last. ;-)

Carrots

Post by Carrots »

No hesitation here, clearly I just failed to spot the registration thread quickly enough. Nevertheless with clinic space topping out with a whole 6 people the immediate filling of the "cool" sessions was, as you say, rather inevitable. I had no idea that this was to be such a small and low key event, but that has now been duly noted.

I hope that the folks with the timing ju-ju enjoy themselves :thumbs2:

Slowride
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Slowride »

I signed up early and was able to get in on the sessions I wanted. Now with everything filling up so fast I feel a bit greedy. If there is a way(Charles?) I am willing to give up a couple for someone on the waiting list.

big 54r
Posts in topic: 3

Post by big 54r »

ooh well...I knew when my computer went and got "sick" was when the forum day registration would begin and so it came to pass!

I just got my computer back yesterday and I look today and the "event" is virtually booked up...ooh well.

I got 2 slots (me and the wife!) in 2 mini clinics, speed reload and malf drills...

malf drills is at 0800 and reloads is at 1430...I booked the clinics in haste to get in some of the better ones and saw that I was to late!

Is there any way I can cancel the 2 slots for the 0800 malf clinic and the 2 slots for the 1430 reload clinic and get into 2 slots for the 1430 malfunction clinic and 2 slots for the 1630 speed reload clinic instead since the 1st 2 registrations slots are so far apart?

If not i'll just have to stay around and find something in the area to do to fill time instead of going home and coming back later.

Sorry for the hastily registered bookings but I have been waiting for this event to come back around since "IKE" cancelled it last year...and don't you know "MURPHY" got me again when my computer went and got "SICK"! I guess she got well a little to late!

I don't really want to book the later mini clinics until I get the other 2 slots for the 2 clinics canceled or at least some INFO or HELP from someone running the show.

Both of the bookings are under my forum name of big 54r.

thanx

jbirds1210

Post by jbirds1210 »

big 54r wrote: If not i'll just have to stay around and find something in the area to do to fill time instead of going home and coming back later.
Don't worry.......there is this thing called the Texas Star. It is more than capable of keeping you busy between clinics. :thumbs2:
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member

"No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child."

big 54r
Posts in topic: 3

Post by big 54r »

I hear ya jbird :fire ...thing is if I don't get the 2 slots moved closer to each other like the 2 slots later in the day the wife say's she ain't going cuz she ain't splitting her day up like that! And she means it!!

After all it is her Birthday weekend! :evil2: :cool:
jbirds1210 wrote:
big 54r wrote: If not i'll just have to stay around and find something in the area to do to fill time instead of going home and coming back later.
Don't worry.......there is this thing called the Texas Star. It is more than capable of keeping you busy between clinics. :thumbs2:

seadog
Posts in topic: 5

Post by seadog »

Can you get into the PSC range to pay in person if you are not a member, or is there a closed automatic gate at the entrance? I pass through that area often.
Took class -------8/7/09
Sent papers------8/14/09
Return receipt---8/17/09
Check cashed ---8/21/09
Processing -------9/8/09
Complete---------10/15/09
Wally walk--------11/28/09 LOL
NRA member

LarryH
Posts in topic: 2

Post by LarryH »

seadog wrote:Can you get into the PSC range to pay in person if you are not a member, or is there a closed automatic gate at the entrance? I pass through that area often.
There is a gate, but it is left open during special events/classes that are open to non-members. Otherwise the IDPA and IPSC events, for just two examples, wouldn't be as well attended.

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 17

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

big 54r wrote:ooh well...I knew when my computer went and got "sick" was when the forum day registration would begin and so it came to pass!

I just got my computer back yesterday and I look today and the "event" is virtually booked up...ooh well.

I got 2 slots (me and the wife!) in 2 mini clinics, speed reload and malf drills...

malf drills is at 0800 and reloads is at 1430...I booked the clinics in haste to get in some of the better ones and saw that I was to late!

Is there any way I can cancel the 2 slots for the 0800 malf clinic and the 2 slots for the 1430 reload clinic and get into 2 slots for the 1430 malfunction clinic and 2 slots for the 1630 speed reload clinic instead since the 1st 2 registrations slots are so far apart?

If not i'll just have to stay around and find something in the area to do to fill time instead of going home and coming back later.

Sorry for the hastily registered bookings but I have been waiting for this event to come back around since "IKE" cancelled it last year...and don't you know "MURPHY" got me again when my computer went and got "SICK"! I guess she got well a little to late!

I don't really want to book the later mini clinics until I get the other 2 slots for the 2 clinics canceled or at least some INFO or HELP from someone running the show.

Both of the bookings are under my forum name of big 54r.

thanx
Just send me an email telling me what events you want to cancel and I'll take care of it. However, make sure the other events you want are still open! Once I delete you, I can't change it although you could re-register if someone doesn't get the slots.

Chas.

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

seadog wrote:Can you get into the PSC range to pay in person if you are not a member, or is there a closed automatic gate at the entrance? I pass through that area often.
If you are talking about the TexasCHLforum Day at PSC, then you must pre-register and pay the $15 event fee. If you are talking about using PSC in general, then you have to be a member, unless you are attending an event open to non-members, as Larry just explained.

Chas.

seadog
Posts in topic: 5

Post by seadog »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
If you are talking about the TexasCHLforum Day at PSC, then you must pre-register and pay the $15 event fee. If you are talking about using PSC in general, then you have to be a member, unless you are attending an event open to non-members, as Larry just explained.

Chas.
I was talking about stopping there this week to pay my $15 event fee instead of mailing it.
Took class -------8/7/09
Sent papers------8/14/09
Return receipt---8/17/09
Check cashed ---8/21/09
Processing -------9/8/09
Complete---------10/15/09
Wally walk--------11/28/09 LOL
NRA member

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

seadog wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:

Chas.
I was talking about stopping there this week to pay my $15 event fee instead of mailing it.
Oh, I see. Sorry, but no one at the range is dealing with this event, or any others for that matter. The event organizers are always responsible for the record keeping. You have to mail it.

Chas.

sneedb82

Post by sneedb82 »

I didn't register, because I gotta make sure that I'm not on the road doing audits that week... which usually means the weekend is filled :( And with it being in the Houston Area, that's quite a travel for me.

Need to verify but won't know for some time. Guess if the wife and kiddo want to head to Houston I'll see about 3 days off if possible and just WATCH :)

Look forward to it.

-Brandon

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

sneedb82 wrote:I didn't register, because I gotta make sure that I'm not on the road doing audits that week... which usually means the weekend is filled :( And with it being in the Houston Area, that's quite a travel for me.

Need to verify but won't know for some time. Guess if the wife and kiddo want to head to Houston I'll see about 3 days off if possible and just WATCH :)

Look forward to it.

-Brandon
I hope you can make it Brandon. There will be plenty to do besides watching other folks. Open shooting will be available at various times during the day and the Texas Stars and other steel targets will be available also. We may be offering short "mentor" sessions for people needing help on some discrete aspect of shooting, but that hasn't been formally put on the schedule.

The "CHL Fashion Show" is always fun and we do that at lunch.

If you are going to come and want to have lunch, be sure to register for the "General Attendance" "seminar so we'll have a good headcount for ordering lunch. You won't see it on the event description page, but it's on the registration page under TexasCHLforum Day - Seminars. If you do register, be sure to remember the deadline for getting your $15 mailed in.

Chas.

Return to “2009 TexasCHLforum Day at PSC”