Great Time at TexasCHLforum Day at PSC !

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

longtooth
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Great Time at TexasCHLforum Day at PSC !

Post by longtooth »

The D is for Dave. He shoots double action better than I can single. I have shot the Star w/ a revolver a couple of times. Never could get the job done DA.
I love to watch him shoot.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

GlockenHammer
Posts in topic: 1

Post by GlockenHammer »

big 54r wrote:Tim Fisher (glockenhammer) was the Instructor for the 'shooting on the move' mini and he was a blast to learn from, knowledgeable and presented more than one option to suit any situation, great to learn from him also. I will take this mini again if offered in April!! Hope Tim instructs again also. Thanx Tim.
Thanks for the kind words. I had a great time Saturday. I will always remember the grin that grew on one student's face during my last class. Over the course of 45 minutes, it went from "I'm not sure I can do this" to "this is cool!". Watching someone get hooked and knowing that the world just became a little bit safer is a priceless reward that will keep me coming back as long as you'll have me.

And renewing old friendships has rekindled the desire to get back on the board, at least to say "howdy" and that it was great to see so many of you. This forum begets a class of folk that I am pleased to know and be associated with.

I want to also add my thanks to Charles. I could not imagine one person committing so much of his time and talent to this worthy cause. I'm just glad I could do a tiny bit to help out the day.

Peace,
GlockenHammer (aka Tim Fisher )

seadog
Posts in topic: 2

Post by seadog »

USA1 wrote:
seadog wrote:USA1 you sure are the social butterfly I think you probably had met everybody there.
well , i've never been called a butterfly before , but i tried my best . :lol:
there were still a few folks i missed meeting .

BTW...let me just tell ya'll , seadog was tearin up the Texas Star . :fire
Thanks for the kind words, USA1.
David also let me try his revolver, I didn’t do as well with his 357 as with mine but I think after getting used to it and a little practice I would do fine. Again it was great.
Took class -------8/7/09
Sent papers------8/14/09
Return receipt---8/17/09
Check cashed ---8/21/09
Processing -------9/8/09
Complete---------10/15/09
Wally walk--------11/28/09 LOL
NRA member

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Skiprr »

GlockenHammer wrote:And renewing old friendships has rekindled the desire to get back on the board, at least to say "howdy" and that it was great to see so many of you. This forum begets a class of folk that I am pleased to know and be associated with.

Peace,
GlockenHammer
It was great seeing you and your lovely bride again. Sorry, the Lord simply won't let me call her by her nickname. ;-) Good, also, getting an update on the young 'un.

As I told Jbirds, I was a bit shocked when I realized how fast these new additions are growing. Someone told me that BabyBird had been sighted running all over the place with uncle SRVA, and I thought he must have been carrying her...until I was reminded that she was a little over two years old now. :shock: Time flies when you're having fun, and as you get older...

LT: Sorry again that we missed you. A small TXCHL Forum Day care package will be to you in a day or two.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

ea40ss

Post by ea40ss »

I had a great time as well. Got to meet some new folks, which is always nice, and visited with some folks I hadn't seen in a while. It was a good day.
I would like to add a "Thank You" to Charles and Marc for their dedication and commitment.
Looking forward to seeing and meeting more folks at the next event.
Thanks,
Eric

TxD

Post by TxD »

GlockenHammer wrote: I will always remember the grin that grew on one student's face during my last class.
I've been out of the country for a few days but want to add to what GH said above.

A young lady who I later learned had only been shooting 6 weeks, came to shoot the "star".
She fired a magazine full of 9mm and knocked down 1 or 2 plates on several runs.

With a little "coaching" in between she got better and it was suggested that she go to the stationary plate rack and work on trigger pull, etc.

She then returned to the "star" and put down all 5 plates with about 7 shots.

I was standing about 3' to her left and about 2' behind when her left cheek expanded
with the biggest smile I have ever seen.

The peanut gallery clapped and cheered and after clearing and holstering her gun I broke
into a little "happy dance".

Couldn't help myself, it was the absolute highlight of my day.
:thewave
Last edited by TxD on Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Black Rifles Matter

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Skiprr »

TxD wrote:The peanut gallery clapped and cheered and after clearing and holstering her gun I broke
into a little "happy dance".
:clapping:

I was a witness to that! But don't worry; it isn't on video. ;-)

Eric: PM me what size shirt you wear. I owe you one.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Return to “2009 TexasCHLforum Day at PSC”