Great Time at TexasCHLforum Day at PSC !

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
USA1
Posts in topic: 17

Re: Great Time at TexasCHLforum Day at PSC !

Post by USA1 »

surprise_i'm_armed wrote:
USA1 broke my dirty gun but eventually got it back together!! Lesson learned was that a PT111
is MOSTLY like a PT145!!
taking it apart was easy . it was the putting it back together again that was tricky . :lol:

glad you made back home safely . :tiphat:
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

Keith B
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Keith B »

I really hated I couldn't stay longer, but it was great to meet some of the new members and now put a face to them. And it is always super to see some of the awesome friends I have made on this forum and get to visit with them again. Maybe next year I can make it for the full day and get a chance to discard some of my excess ammo on the Texas Star. Those things sure eat a lot of bullets, but it looked like a lot of fun to feed them!! ;-)

Charles, thank you again for putting the Forum Day together, all you do for the forum, and your support of the shooting sports through the TSRA and NRA. We are really blessed to have you working so hard for us!! :thumbs2:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

big 54r
Posts in topic: 1

Post by big 54r »

what a GREAT DAY at the texaschl forum day at PSC!
I had an unbeleivable time and met several very nice people.

Firstly I must give a hearty thank you to Mr. Cotton and all who helped to put this wonderful event together as I'm sure it is/was time consuming and nerve rackingly stressful at times.

From the moment I signed in with Marc Gentine to the walk to the shooting bay's everyone I encountered was cordial and friendly.
I saw Mr. Cotton only once and he was busy so I didn't bother him with any of my small talk, but it would have been good just to meet him non-the less.

As I walked to the bay's I encountered surprise_i'm armed. Sia came a long way to learn so hopefully he had a great time. Good to talk with him.

I also met Jason Hall who turned out to be my instructor for 'Malf drills' and he was awesome, very direct and straight forward with his approach to the subject matter, very good mini to take. As Jason stated practice these drills at home with dummy rounds and get off the X!

I later met and talked with Janne Karhunen? (Fosforos?) and he and I had a good conversation about the Mosin Nagant M39 and other Finn/Russian firearms.
Sorry I didn't meet the misses Janne.

Tim Fisher (glockenhammer) was the Instructor for the 'shooting on the move' mini and he was a blast to learn from, knowledgeable and presented more than one option to suit any situation, great to learn from him also. I will take this mini again if offered in April!! Hope Tim instructs again also. Thanx Tim.

J P Guidry was the instructor for the 'speed reload' mini and that was super fun! :anamatedbanana
This guy has the energy and stamina of a 7 year old! My goodness he was like the energizer bunny! :lol::
J P taught presented some well thought out subject matter and supplied many tips and tricks he's learned that obviously work since he's proof positive.
would definitely like to train/learn with him again.

I also met Gregg Garrett and would love to take his 'shotgun' clinic next forum day!

All in all a great day and I plan on being here for April 24th 2010 and will get in early to take more classes!

Thanks to all for their hard work on putting the event together. :cheers2:

I shot the stars also and wasted alot of ammo...more misses than hits,many more misses than hits actually :banghead:
I had a good day at the plates though... :thewave

jimlongley
Posts in topic: 3

Post by jimlongley »

Keith B wrote:I really hated I couldn't stay longer, but it was great to meet some of the new members and now put a face to them. And it is always super to see some of the awesome friends I have made on this forum and get to visit with them again. Maybe next year I can make it for the full day and get a chance to discard some of my excess ammo on the Texas Star. Those things sure eat a lot of bullets, but it looked like a lot of fun to feed them!! ;-)

Charles, thank you again for putting the Forum Day together, all you do for the forum, and your support of the shooting sports through the TSRA and NRA. We are really blessed to have you working so hard for us!! :thumbs2:
Keith, did you go over to NASA and fly?

Paris and I went and had the tour and spoke to several balloonists who were there for the event. It was interesting seeing their reactions when we told them that we crew a balloon but we were not there for ballooning but for shooting.

Stopped for lunch on the way back to Dallas Sunday and there was this group seated nearby, and I just was sure I recognized them from somewhere - another balloon team.

Sorry we didn't get together at the event.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Yes I did. I had Stevie D and his lovely wife out all weekend. Didn't know you were down or I would have had you guys come over and crew some for me on Friday and Saturday nights! Jbirds and family came out Saturday night for the glow and I put him and Stevie D on the crown line. It was a little breezy and I gave them a good workout. ;-)

jimlongley wrote:
Keith B wrote:I really hated I couldn't stay longer, but it was great to meet some of the new members and now put a face to them. And it is always super to see some of the awesome friends I have made on this forum and get to visit with them again. Maybe next year I can make it for the full day and get a chance to discard some of my excess ammo on the Texas Star. Those things sure eat a lot of bullets, but it looked like a lot of fun to feed them!! ;-)

Paris and I went and had the tour and spoke to several balloonists who were there for the event. It was interesting seeing their reactions when we told them that we crew a balloon but we were not there for ballooning but for shooting.

Stopped for lunch on the way back to Dallas Sunday and there was this group seated nearby, and I just was sure I recognized them from somewhere - another balloon team.

Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

jbirds1210

Post by jbirds1210 »

Keith B wrote: Jbirds and family came out Saturday night for the glow and I put him and Stevie D on the crown line. It was a little breezy and I gave them a good workout.

I had a blast! It was great to see you guys and get a little peek at your hobby.

As always, I had a great time at the PSC forum day and look forward to the next one.

Thanks to everyone in my malfunction drill classes for being so safe and attentive. I learned as much from you guys as you learned from me.

Jason
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member

"No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child."

jimlongley
Posts in topic: 3

Post by jimlongley »

Keith B wrote:Yes I did. I had Stevie D and his lovely wife out all weekend. Didn't know you were down or I would have had you guys come over and crew some for me on Friday and Saturday nights! Jbirds and family came out Saturday night for the glow and I put him and Stevie D on the crown line. It was a little breezy and I gave them a good workout. ;-)

jimlongley wrote:

That's a shame, we were at NASA when the event started, but having seen a couple of balloons a time or two, and wanting to get over to PSC to pre-checkin, we left.

I can do some crown line.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

MBGuy

Post by MBGuy »

Man that was both a blast and quite a learning experience!!!! Thank you very much to all who put in the hard work for us to come and enjoy this event. :clapping:

I was at first intimidated by the star and just watched, but once I got going, I saw myself getting better and better and it was quite addictive!

The clinics were an eye opener for me and I left with many tips to work on. Fortunately many of the tips are able to be practiced dry fire, and Sunday morning I got straight to practicing rapid reload techniques taught by JP Guidry, as well as the new-to-me trick on how to rapidly unload an 870's tube taught by Greg Garrett, and tips on sighting from Eric. I can't wait to get to the range to practice GCMontgomery's tips on multiple targets as well.

Additionally, Steve's intro to IDPA got rid of my fear of doing IDPA and I'll be joining WHIDPA soon! That was very fun, even if I proved him right when he said that someone will forget to walk backwards before shooting the first excercise "rlol" . Oh well, someone had to do it! After that, I did much better than I thought I would have!

Once again, it was such a great way to spend a day, and I hope that all made it home safely! SIA, I hope you had a quicker trip going home than you had coming in.

Many thanks to all!!!
Harry
NRA Endowment Life Member
Sig P239-40
"Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing."

williamkevin

Post by williamkevin »

USA1 wrote:First and foremost i would like to thank Mr. Charles Cotton for making this event possible . :tiphat:

i would also like to thank all of the forum members and moderators in attendance who made this a very memorable
experience for me . i'm glad to have had the opportunity to meet you all .

:txflag:
It was great to meet you USA1! Lookin' forward to April 2010!

Topic author
USA1

Post by USA1 »

williamkevin wrote:
USA1 wrote:First and foremost i would like to thank Mr. Charles Cotton for making this event possible . :tiphat:

i would also like to thank all of the forum members and moderators in attendance who made this a very memorable
experience for me . i'm glad to have had the opportunity to meet you all .

:txflag:
It was great to meet you USA1! Lookin' forward to April 2010!
you too William . :tiphat:

seadog

Post by seadog »

WOW!! What a great time. This was a blast, my better half and I had a wonderful time. I would of course like to thank everyone who made this event possible and who made it so much fun. It was nice putting faces with names. USA1 you sure are the social butterfly I think you probably had met everybody there. Next year take a little time to shoot the star with me. ES4Me I believe Dona enjoyed your company and we hope to see you next time. Glad your husband had a good time. It was great talking with Tom Estep but I never did get to see Charles, maybe next go around.

I got so involved in the Texas star that I missed my one and only morning clinic, “Awareness” I guess I wasn’t very aware, was I. Everyone was telling me what a great clinic it was too. I really am sorry I missed it because I was looking forward to it. Maybe I’m just getting old or I may have been going star crazy. I got back on track with three clinics in the afternoon and only stopped by the star a couple of times. I convinced Dona to try it and she did really good, I was proud of her. By that time in the afternoon I wasn’t shooting as well anymore but still had a blast. Oh, I was shooting the star with both my revolver and my semi and some of the guys there let me try their guns too. They were really a great group of people.

Thanks to John and his wife. He kept me out of trouble and his wife let Dona try her XD compact. She liked it but as a left hander she is still looking at the guns that have all the buttons on both sides. The HK might fit the bill.

Thanks again :patriot:
Took class -------8/7/09
Sent papers------8/14/09
Return receipt---8/17/09
Check cashed ---8/21/09
Processing -------9/8/09
Complete---------10/15/09
Wally walk--------11/28/09 LOL
NRA member

Topic author
USA1

Post by USA1 »

seadog wrote:USA1 you sure are the social butterfly I think you probably had met everybody there.
well , i've never been called a butterfly before , but i tried my best . :lol:
there were still a few folks i missed meeting .

BTW...let me just tell ya'll , seadog was tearin up the Texas Star . :fire

jpierce30

Post by jpierce30 »

Charles,
I was just glad the runner functioned all day with out any mishaps.
Thanks for the great props on the runner!! Kevin, Eric, and Mark also have lots of blood sweat and tears invested in the project.
Can't wait to get into full operation.

Glad everyone had a good time!!!! I know that my Traci and I had a blast (for real).

Thanks to TxD and Charles for getting Traci to work on the stars, she is now hooked and wants a 1911!!

Looking forward to next year in 6 months.

longtooth
Posts in topic: 5

Post by longtooth »

I missed being there so much. Thank you to all who have posted. This evening is my first opportunity to leisurely read all the posts & laugh, remember, plan for April.
Charles I was not able to be there at the last minute. I still thank you for all you do on the board & also at forum day. I watched the video of you at the Star. Wish I could have been there to see you in person. Jason & Tom, I really missed seeing you both & shooting w/ you.
KFP, I missed meeting you & thank you for considering sharing w/ me as you did.
Mrs Fosforose thank you for the Star clip from last time. It did help ease the pain of absence.
To who ever made mention of seeing Dave at the Texas Star w/ a revolver----be ware of the man who carries only 6 at the Star. He seldom needs the last one. He can :fire that Smith.
To all that have posted here & those that will continue, thank you for sharing your good time. It has been great to read them all & I will again.
See yall all in April.
LT
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

longtooth:

It was me who mentioned the Texas Star range officer (sorry I do not remember his name)
was the only person I saw who had a revolver.

His baseball hat had 3 letters on the front "T x D" which made me think at first that he was
an XD guy.

You're right about the revolver angle. When I see a man carrying a revolver, I think that this
is a man who marches to the beat of a different drummer. Someone who is relying for his life
on only 5 or 6 shots, while the majority of handgun owners like to have 10 or 15 or 20 shots
available from our semi-auto's.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

Return to “2009 TexasCHLforum Day at PSC”