Recent jury verdict after mob beating near A&M

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

MONGOOSE
Banned
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Recent jury verdict after mob beating near A&M

Post by MONGOOSE »

cb1000rider wrote:
baldeagle wrote: If you can't call this racism, then racism doesn't exist in your world.
I'll be specific then. It might have been more about cowboy hats than color. It's hate, either way.
You don't know much about College Station....these were low life's from Bryan. All about color....quit looking for An excuse other than blatant racism.

cb1000rider

Post by cb1000rider »

Here's where I'm at:
1) I lived in Bryan for 4 years. 2 in College Station. That's what I'm basing my experience on. What's yours?
2) I don't know that it was just about color. I don't know that it wasn't just about color. I suspect that it was more than just skin color based, but you're right, I don't know for sure.
3) I have not made one excuse for anyone. When you indicate that I'm making an excuse for behavior such as this, you're implying that I condone it or otherwise think that it's OK. The implication creates problems for me. Please don't do that when I haven't actually made those statements.

In regard to what triggered it, why is that so important to you that you're indicating that I'm making an excuse? IE: Hating the cowboy hat or hating the skin color, which one more acceptable? Personally, I don't see any difference. It's hate. That's what I called it. I don't think that debating the trigger excuses or changes the root cause. I hope we can agree on that.

I'm willing to arm-chair it with you in a respectful manner, but I'll also admit that I don't know for certain. I never ran into any white-haters while I lived there. I did run into "thugs" (of many colors). I did see quite a bit of culture class that wasn't just about race. That doesn't mean I deny the existence of racism.

Hate and judgement exist everywhere. I've seen it on this forum when someone doesn't belong to the right political group, might vote a way that isn't acceptable to everyone, asks the wrong question, or perhaps has a lifestyle that not everyone agrees with.

Luckily, most of us aren't willing to beat someone to death over it.. At least that's a bit harder to do on a forum.

MONGOOSE
Banned

Post by MONGOOSE »

I lived in College Station for 10 year. I graduated inn 77 and worked there until 85. I worked a "blue collar" job as I put my self thru school. I did see and was a target of lower demographic black hate on whites. A Black Hawk saved my bacon twice. My friend brother's best friend was killed by three black kids while he helped them change a tire ( boys got the death penalty Harris case....fairly well covered in the 70s). I have worked in Bryon....definite us them mentality. I agree hate is hate and murder is hate. I don't understand a crime being called a hate crime due to color, race or sexuality. However, I never see a murder described as a hate crime when it is black on white....but every black killed by a white every murder of a homosexual is a hate crime. I have nothing against gays. I wasn't raised around any blacks ( and I do know some great black folks, but there is no denying the animosity of some blacks in CS toward whitey

MONGOOSE
Banned

Post by MONGOOSE »

Sorry about the spelling .....big thumbs on iphone

VoiceofReason
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by VoiceofReason »

cb1000rider wrote:
Texas_Blaze wrote: How do you conclude that Ward was killed in an accident? :headscratch
I missed that part... I saw that he made it into a car and off the site and then they were involved in a major accident.
Again, I'm just shocked about this. I've been to that location about 1000 times. And the local bars, well, I'd expect the race-based tension to very much go the other way.

I don't know what a business can do here.. It's not exactly the McDonalds parking lot, it's a huge lot that is open to probably 6 other businesses.

And I'm not sure that carrying, especially when facing a mob, would have made any difference.. I guess it couldn't have really gone any worse.

What shocks me more, apparently the only criminal justice here was a 90-day sentence.... Maybe the 26M will help make up that difference.

Just wow.
And I'm not sure that carrying, especially when facing a mob, would have made any difference.. I guess it couldn't have really gone any worse.
I don’t know, but I am thinking that the first shot from a .45 in an enclosed area like that would probably have caused numerous injuries from that many people trying to get through the door all at the same time.
God Bless America, and please hurry.
When I was young I knew all the answers. When I got older I started to realize I just hadn’t quite understood the questions.-Me

dlh
Posts in topic: 2

Post by dlh »

dlh wrote:I did some digging and found the case in the tenth court of appeals...At least I think it is the case.. The appellate cause no. is 10-15-00066-CV.

The case appears to be "pending."

http://www.search.txcourts.gov/Case.asp ... &coa=coa10

dlh
Wondered about the status of this case as my gut told me it had settled...sure enough.

Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

ELB

Post by ELB »

dlh wrote:
dlh wrote:I did some digging and found the case in the tenth court of appeals...At least I think it is the case.. The appellate cause no. is 10-15-00066-CV.

The case appears to be "pending."

dlh
Wondered about the status of this case as my gut told me it had settled...sure enough.

Thanks for the follow up.
USAF 1982-2005

OlBill

Post by OlBill »

Did anybody get charged for the murders?

ELB

Post by ELB »

OlBill wrote:Did anybody get charged for the murders?
One person was arrested, convicted of misdemeanor assault, and sentenced to 90 days.
USAF 1982-2005

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

ELB wrote:
OlBill wrote:Did anybody get charged for the murders?
One person was arrested, convicted of misdemeanor assault, and sentenced to 90 days.
So if i'm understanding this correctly, you and two dozen like minded individuals can get together and beat somebody to death and all that will happen is somebody in the group will face a Misdemeanor charge and spend a couple of weeks in jail! :mad5
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

flechero

Post by flechero »

What a horrible story!

I can't believe that with surveillance video they couldn't charge 8-10 people with at least felony battery, aggravated assault or more.

McDonald's 'pays' for the crimes of the thugs... (not saying they shouldn't bear some penalty but corporate didn't know any of that happened) The thugs have now been encouraged by the system to continue to beat people...

This world seems to be changing fast- I am scared for our kids...

E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

Texas_Blaze wrote:
cb1000rider wrote: - they weren't killed in an alteration at McDonalds. They were killed in an accident while fleeing the scene...
did I miss it? The article states
Police initially thought Ward and Crisp had died in the crash, and they had considered charging Bean. But pathologists at the negligence trial, both for the plaintiffs and McDonald's, agreed Ward was beaten to death -- the fatal kicks and punches delivered to the lower back of his head and chin.
How do you conclude that Ward was killed in an accident? :headscratch
As I remember the initial report, the victims left the site after the mob attack in their car and crashed, they were found at crash scene as I remember it. My Son lived in Collage Station at the time and id been up there (and that McD's in day time) a few times for a breakfast sandwich.
It is KNOWN to locals, not a smart place to hand out after hours unless you fit in to the demographic that populated it at that time.

I stopped in for coffee one early morning Sat on my way back home after visiting.... I was not molested, but there were remarks made I ignored, and Id guess I did not look like someone needing to be attacked...
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

I don’t know, but I am thinking that the first shot from a .45 in an enclosed area like that would probably have caused numerous injuries from that many people trying to get through the door all at the same time.[/quote]

To quote Wyatt Earp "your friends might get me in a rush, but not before I make your head into a canoe!"
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Jago668

Post by Jago668 »

crazy2medic wrote:
I don’t know, but I am thinking that the first shot from a .45 in an enclosed area like that would probably have caused numerous injuries from that many people trying to get through the door all at the same time.
To quote Wyatt Earp "your friends might get me in a rush, but not before I make your head into a canoe!"[/quote]

There aren't many 8-10 people willing to die to take you in a rush.
NRA Benefactor Member

tommyg

Post by tommyg »

I live in a condo in Austin near a bridge that large numbers of homeless live under
I'm scared to go outside the complex after dark because some of the homeless are getting aggressive.
I have an elderly woman living with me she is getting scared of the area
The situation is getting worse.
I'm seriously considering selling out and moving :banghead:
N.R.A. benefactor Member :tiphat: Please Support the N.R.A. :patriot:

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”