So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Texsquatch
Posts in topic: 2

tu Officer mysterious discharge

Post by Texsquatch »

http://kxan.com/2016/05/17/officer-hurt ... as-campus/

I call this mysterious because I don't know how the gun just woke up and decided to fire while holstered.

-Didn't say he touched it, just that he was talking and it fired inside the holster. Maybe it jiggled loose a bit and he rested his arm on it causing it to fire. But what mysterious action caused it to go off on its own?

-The other mystery? The response that these they can happen from time to time while cleaning. Makes it sound like a normal thing.

Would like to know what he was carrying, might explain a lot. But I don't like how the statements elude to this being an inherent by product of carrying a handgun.

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 1

Re: tu Officer mysterious discharge

Post by ScottDLS »

Texsquatch wrote:http://kxan.com/2016/05/17/officer-hurt ... as-campus/

I call this mysterious because I don't know how the gun just woke up and decided to fire while holstered.

-Didn't say he touched it, just that he was talking and it fired inside the holster. Maybe it jiggled loose a bit and he rested his arm on it causing it to fire. But what mysterious action caused it to go off on its own?

-The other mystery? The response that these they can happen from time to time while cleaning. Makes it sound like a normal thing.

Would like to know what he was carrying, might explain a lot. But I don't like how the statements elude to this being an inherent by product of carrying a handgun.
Must have been a Glock... :biggrinjester: Let the flame wars begin... :mad5

AD = Accidental Discharge
ND = Negligent Discharge
MD = Mysterious Discharge :yawn
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

This is probably a case of negligence, but Taurus was plagued with problems on certain pistols recently:

Taurus Agrees To $39 Million Settlement In Defective Pistol Case

Frequently Asked Questions about the Taurus Class Action
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

MustangGlocker

Post by MustangGlocker »

ScottDLS wrote:

Must have been a Glock... :biggrinjester: Let the flame wars begin... :mad5

AD = Accidental Discharge
ND = Negligent Discharge
MD = Mysterious Discharge :yawn

Very well could have been a Glock in a Serpa. We all know about Glocks and Serpas. I found UT PD policy for weapons and they do carry Glocks in either Safariland II/III or Serpa Level III. Granted, this was from 2011 so unknown if it's been updated due to the increase of issues with Serpas.

https://www.utsystem.edu/pol/policies/6 ... nition.pdf
Patrick
NRA Life Member
Blue Lives Matter

Javier730

Post by Javier730 »

ScottDLS wrote: Must have been a Glock... :biggrinjester: Let the flame wars begin... :mad5
Ive had my Glock 23 mysteriously discharge once, so I switched from iwb to horizontal shoulder holster so I dont hurt myself if it happens again.:biggrinjester:
“Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity.”
― Horace Mann

MechAg94

Post by MechAg94 »

Javier730 wrote:
ScottDLS wrote: Must have been a Glock... :biggrinjester: Let the flame wars begin... :mad5
Ive had my Glock 23 mysteriously discharge once, so I switched from iwb to horizontal shoulder holster so I dont hurt myself if it happens again.:biggrinjester:
Remind us not to stand next to you. :biggrinjester:

Javier730

Post by Javier730 »

MechAg94 wrote:
Javier730 wrote:
:lol:
“Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity.”
― Horace Mann

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Pawpaw wrote:This is probably a case of negligence, but Taurus was plagued with problems on certain pistols recently:

Taurus Agrees To $39 Million Settlement In Defective Pistol Case

Frequently Asked Questions about the Taurus Class Action
Well heck, if that guy grabbed my neck and shook me like that and spoke to ME that way, I'd shoot too! :mrgreen:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

The Annoyed Man

MechAg94 wrote:
Javier730 wrote:
"Next" is fine. "Behind" is a no-go. :lol:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

#TINVOWOOT

The Annoyed Man

ScottDLS wrote:Must have been a Glock... :biggrinjester: Let the flame wars begin... :mad5
I'm sure a moderator will be along shortly to properly chastise you. "rlol"

#TINVOWOOT

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

That will teach him not to take the bullet out of the shirt pocket. Kidding aside I am glad it was not more serious.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Forum rules prohibit me from saying what came to my mind when I saw "mysterious discharge". :oops:
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Topic author
Texsquatch

Post by Texsquatch »

koine2002 wrote:

Hmm, that's kind of suspicious. That said, Gig 'em!! Class of '97. Your title gave it away.
I handle property and casualty issues country wide and we naturally use all kinds of jargon, lingo, and abbreviations. However, I always use full spelling for Utah. :tiphat:

I thought I was bad, but my Ohio State buddy won't even say or type the word "Michigan". That takes some creative writing in some business cases.

RossA
Banned

Post by RossA »

There is a heck of a lot more to that story than what is being told.
Just sayin'...
God and the soldier we adore,
In times of danger, not before.
The danger gone, the trouble righted,
God's forgotten, the soldier slighted.

Return to “Never Again!!”