Truck stolen, whats in your truck?

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

minytrker
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Truck stolen, whats in your truck?

Post by minytrker »

Years ago I left my dually unlocked one night in my driveway when I lived in the city. I had a beater s10 I parked in the street and always left unlocked. You guessed it, someone came through the neighborhood that night looking for open vehicles. They just ransacked my s10 but since nothing of value was in there they didn't take anything. They didnt want my 10 year $99 cd player apparently, lol. In my dually I had a pistol and check book that werent stolen but they stole my DVD cases (over 1,000 DVD's), MP3 player, Ipod, leather gloves (used for filling truck with diesel) AMP, sunglasses and few other little odds and ends. Threw everything out of the console, glove box, and all the door panels everywhere. As time would go on I would realize something else was gone. What was odd is I had a $1500 double din DVD player in the dash, and TV's in the head rests and they didnt take them. The cops said the suspected younger kids since they left the check book and gun.
After that I do my very best to never leave anything of value in vehicles. I also live out in the country now on a gated property and all my vehicles are kept inside now.

Topic author
E.Marquez
Posts in topic: 3

Post by E.Marquez »

minytrker wrote: I also live out in the country now on a gated property and all my vehicles are kept inside now.
As do I... and , this led me to a false sense of security along with a personal understanding "I dont known any one stupid enough to steal from me" the problem is of course there are a lot of people that dont know me. :biggrinjester:

I made a mistake, I learned from it, it was costly in $$ and time (insurance company will not process the claim for 15 days waiitng on recover..which is a crock.. they claim 90% recovery rate... ya sure nationwide consideing all types of vehicles, locations and theft types.. but as I told the agent.. You charge my for a policy based on the specifics of my vehicle then known loss data for my area and vehicle. .. you should decide to wit or pay the claim on that same specific data. ... here in TX, diesel rigs are stolen daily and the recovery rate is below 10%.. I felt they should have considered that local and specific data and paid the claim, if it was recovered in a month, then wholesale it off assuming it is even salvageable (most are total loss)
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

jb2012

Post by jb2012 »

Does anyone know of a good LOCKING rifle rack? I am to the point where I'd like access to a rifle in my truck, however I'm coming up short on products. There are several manufacturers that make racks for patrol vehicles, but most mount to the barrier between rows. I'm thinking about building one myself that mounts to the floor and stands the rifle upright. It would lock using police grade hand cuffs welded to the top and bottom of a piece of square tubing. Hope I didn't hijack this too bad, delete if necessary.

rentz
Posts in topic: 2

Post by rentz »

E.Marquez wrote:
minytrker wrote: I also live out in the country now on a gated property and all my vehicles are kept inside now.
As do I... and , this led me to a false sense of security along with a personal understanding "I dont known any one stupid enough to steal from me" the problem is of course there are a lot of people that dont know me. :biggrinjester:

I made a mistake, I learned from it, it was costly in $$ and time (insurance company will not process the claim for 15 days waiitng on recover..which is a crock.. they claim 90% recovery rate... ya sure nationwide consideing all types of vehicles, locations and theft types.. but as I told the agent.. You charge my for a policy based on the specifics of my vehicle then known loss data for my area and vehicle. .. you should decide to wit or pay the claim on that same specific data. ... here in TX, diesel rigs are stolen daily and the recovery rate is below 10%.. I felt they should have considered that local and specific data and paid the claim, if it was recovered in a month, then wholesale it off assuming it is even salvageable (most are total loss)

even IF they recover your truck chances are you aren't going to want what they recover. it will likely be torn up if it's even drive-able.
I'd be curious to know out of that "90%" how many are drive-able or in the same condition

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell »

All I keep in the truck are some tie down straps, an umbrella, and... a towel. Actual 2 towels, one for Mrs. Max.
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

Return to “Never Again!!”