Introduce yourself

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

JackieChiles
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by JackieChiles »

My real name is Mike. Been around guns entire life. First job in Highschool was pulling skeet. USAF SP for 14 years. Finished law school while in USAF and now live Cypress. Carry a Glock 29. Cannot wait for college FB to start.

WRG

Post by WRG »

My name is Bill
I am 46 years old and my plastic has been mailed but not received. I sure have learned a lot reading the material that is here. Thank you to all of the contributors. I am a long time waterfowl guide (retired) and fly casting instructor and Biology Instructor at the local Junior College. I have three sons and a wonderful wife that I want to protect. I hope to one day contribute something worth while to the board.

Thanks again to those who give good, level headed, law abiding advice. :txflag:

Bill

carlson1
Posts in topic: 166

Post by carlson1 »

Welcome to all of the new members! :tiphat:

It is good to see new folks join the Forum. I believe this is THE BEST place to continue your "knowledge" of the Laws for the State of Texas concerning not just firearms and LTC's, but a lot of other great discussions take place also.

Carl

Noggin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Noggin »

Hello to all and sundry. I am a College Station, permanent US resident, non US citizen (at least not yet) former British Army Major who has been living in Texas for 3 years. I obtained my LTC about one week ago, which took longer than I expected to arrive (9 weeks). At the moment I only have two carry options a 9mm IWI Jericho (Christmas gift from my father-in-law) and a .45 M1911 commander that I bought myself.
"I command ye therefore, upon the peril of your lives, to depart immediately out of this place." - Oliver Cromwell 1653 :smilelol5:

Jusme
Posts in topic: 18

Post by Jusme »

Noggin wrote:Hello to all and sundry. I am a College Station, permanent US resident, non US citizen (at least not yet) former British Army Major who has been living in Texas for 3 years. I obtained my LTC about one week ago, which took longer than I expected to arrive (9 weeks). At the moment I only have two carry options a 9mm IWI Jericho (Christmas gift from my father-in-law) and a .45 M1911 commander that I bought myself.
Welcome to the forum and a belated welcome to Texas. :tiphat:
I know there are several folks here who would be interested to know your thoughts on the differences in gun laws between here and England.
Glad you're here, feel free to ask any questions you have. Someone will definitely have the answers.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Jusme wrote: I know there are several folks here who would be interested to know your thoughts on the differences in gun laws between here and England.
That is something I may well do in future posts. Back in the 70s and 80s when it was still possible to obtain a licence for them, in UK, I used to own a couple of handguns. Nowadays in that country even owning a pepper spray or similar device is a criminal offence. A store will often demand ID if you want to buy a butter knife!!!!
"I command ye therefore, upon the peril of your lives, to depart immediately out of this place." - Oliver Cromwell 1653 :smilelol5:

GlockFan

Post by GlockFan »

Good to be back on here. I've been lurking around. Been so long I couldn't remember my member name and login. I finally figured it out. Good to be back on a great forum.
Jak Se Mas?

Take Down Sicko

Post by Take Down Sicko »

Edited Profile I also have Facebook on there. Too bad i dont look young like that anymore. The pic i have on there is at least 15 years old. 62 Years old now but look every bit of 90. :txflag:

ShannonC

Post by ShannonC »

Been lurking for a while and decided to join the fun.
Shannon
40 year old male
Waiting for my LTC to be processed
Me and my wife are avid fisherman/woman. We hunt,watch college football,and spend a lot of time outdoors.
I'm a Sr.Fleet Mechanic for one of the largest wholesale power companies in Tx.Look forward to interacting with all of you here.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Welcome aboard Shannon. Glad you finally joined up.

Jusme
Posts in topic: 18

Post by Jusme »

Welcome to the forum! :tiphat:

Hope to hear more about your LTC experiences, favorite fishing spots, and anything else you want to share.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Johnnyranger45

Post by Johnnyranger45 »

Hello all!

I'm John. I have only had my LTC for about 6 months. My kids signed me up as a birthday gift this past year.

I have a Taurus 111, which I carry mostly. 2 Beretta 92's. One full size and one compact in the Inox finish. I carry it some but it's a bit heavy. I sure love those Beretta's though. Looking at the Glock 43 for everyday carry.

I have been a nurse for 25 years and prior to that I was a medic in the airforce. My wife, kids and I live in the Lewisville.

Looking forward to this interesting site and spirited conversation.

John

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Welcome John. Thanks for all you have done in the Air Force and for all you do now as a nurse. As a heart patient with a bypass and 10 stents I have learned to appreciate nurses and doctors more than ever.

That is the best gift you could have ever received. You must have great kids that you and your wife raised right. :thumbs2:

Keith Bilbrey

Post by Keith Bilbrey »

Hello all!,

My name is Keith, I live in the southeastern part of DFW and have been a license holder and LTC instructor for about 5 years now. Prior to that, I spent a little over a decade in local Law Enforcement where I got to do some fun things like FTO, SWAT, Firearms Instructor, Armorer, Rapid Response Instructor and Supervisor. I started shooting competitively (mostly USPSA) in about 2004, but have kinda fallen away from that the past few years. I have been carrying for the better part of 16+ years and firmly believe if you CAN carry, you SHOULD carry. I don't ever want my last, dying thought to be "Man, if only I'd carried my gun today".

Looking forward to the forum. :cheers2:
Keith

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”