Prayers requested for one of our own.

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

Steamboat
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Prayers requested for one of our own.

Post by Steamboat »

Prayers sent for complete recovery.
"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there." — Will Rogers

pushpullpete
Posts in topic: 2

Post by pushpullpete »

Good thoughts and well wishes sent for both he and the family.

Glad to hear he's breaking out of there !

Jusme
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Jusme »

I hope Wildbill gets the rest he needs, and makes a full recovery. He has great posts on here, but we can wait until he's feeling better. :thumbs2:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Oldgringo »

The Annoyed Man wrote:I've just been Facebook messaging with him the past 15 minutes or so. Bill is in good spirits, and expects to be released soon.
That is good news! Wild Bill is one of the good guys.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 4

Post by The Annoyed Man »

puma guy wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:I've just now been chatting with Wild Bill, and he's being released from the hospital today.
TAM, Thanks for letting folks know. I phoned him earlier, but wasn't at home to post it. I am not smart enough to use my smart phone to get on the forum. :oops: He's looking forward to finally getting some much needed uninterrupted sleep.
He's been using his phone to access Facebook, and we've been PM'ing on Facebook messenger.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 4

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Bill just now got home.......the "scene of the crime", as he called it. :lol:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

pushpullpete
Posts in topic: 2

Post by pushpullpete »

TAM, thanks for the updates. :tiphat:

Topic author
puma guy
Posts in topic: 5

Post by puma guy »

Oldgringo wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:I've just been Facebook messaging with him the past 15 minutes or so. Bill is in good spirits, and expects to be released soon.
That is good news! Wild Bill is one of the good guys.
:iagree: He says the same about you.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

WildBill
Posts in topic: 14

Post by WildBill »

As you have read, I am, thankfully, back home. I will explain a little about my medical situation, but first I would like to thank everyone for sending their prayers and good thoughts.
It really lifted my spirits when I read your posts and got some phone calls, texts and messages from some of you and other friends. I have had many offers of help
from some really great friends and I have taken up some of their offers. Fortunately I was able to grab my phone and charger and put them in my pocket before I ended up laying
on the floor waiting for the ambulance to arrive. Puma guy has been very supportive and came to visit and, as usual we had some good conversations As TAM mentioned, we
messaged each other several times through FB.

Sunday morning I got up and made some coffee and planned to get on the computer to check emails, but never made it. I didn't even get one sip before I started having shortness
of breath and starting sweating heavily. The spell lasted about 20 minutes. It was pretty scary not being able to catch my breath. After the spell ended I designed to go back to bed and lay
down for a while, but in about 5 minutes I starting having the same symptoms. I contacted EMS and requested an ambulance. The EMTs arrived fairly quickly, did whatever
they do and put me in the truck. They put in an IV and started O2. They checked vitals, did an EKG on and took me to the hospital. By the time we got to the hospital, I was feeling better.

The EMTs and I were convinced that I was dehydrated and that was causing my problems. I was dehydrated, but when I got to the ER they started to run some tests and found some other things.
Cutting to the chase, I have two blood clots in my lungs. They have been giving me steroids for my breathing, O2 and started me on blood thinners. During my treatment, my O2 levels went
from about 65 and is currently about 95% without being on O2. I will have to continue on the blood thinners for at least 4 months until the clots are gone. The thinner is also supposed to prevent
any new clots from forming. I have follow up appointments next week. Tests did not show any heart damage, clots in the heart, and no evidence of clots in my legs. I am very grateful about that.

I am pretty private about some things, including my health, but in the interest of maybe helping others, if anyone is has any questions fire away. I did not know anything about embolisms so it was a
complete surprise to me. Also, I am 66 years old and this is my first visit to the ER and my first hospital stay, so I have a good record avoiding the ER. :cool:

I could not sleep the whole time I was at the hospital so I am trying to get back to my normal routine. As you may be able to tell by the time of this post, that hasn't happened yet.
NRA Endowment Member

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

WildBill wrote:As you have read, I am, thankfully, back home. I will explain a little about my medical situation, but first I would like to thank everyone for sending their prayers and good thoughts.
It really lifted my spirits when I read your posts and got some phone calls, texts and messages from some of you and other friends. I have had many offers of help
from some really great friends and I have taken up some of their offers. Fortunately I was able to grab my phone and charger and put them in my pocket before I ended up laying
on the floor waiting for the ambulance to arrive. Puma guy has been very supportive and came to visit and, as usual we had some good conversations As TAM mentioned, we
messaged each other several times through FB.

Sunday morning I got up and made some coffee and planned to get on the computer to check emails, but never made it. I didn't even get one sip before I started having shortness
of breath and starting sweating heavily. The spell lasted about 20 minutes. It was pretty scary not being able to catch my breath. After the spell ended I designed to go back to bed and lay
down for a while, but in about 5 minutes I starting having the same symptoms. I contacted EMS and requested an ambulance. The EMTs arrived fairly quickly, did whatever
they do and put me in the truck. They put in an IV and started O2. They checked vitals, did an EKG on and took me to the hospital. By the time we got to the hospital, I was feeling better.

The EMTs and I were convinced that I was dehydrated and that was causing my problems. I was dehydrated, but when I got to the ER they started to run some tests and found some other things.
Cutting to the chase, I have two blood clots in my lungs. They have been giving me steroids for my breathing, O2 and started me on blood thinners. During my treatment, my O2 levels went
from about 65 and is currently about 95% without being on O2. I will have to continue on the blood thinners for at least 4 months until the clots are gone. The thinner is also supposed to prevent
any new clots from forming. I have follow up appointments next week. Tests did not show any heart damage, clots in the heart, and no evidence of clots in my legs. I am very grateful about that.

I am pretty private about some things, including my health, but in the interest of maybe helping others, if anyone is has any questions fire away. I did not know anything about embolisms so it was a
complete surprise to me. Also, I am 66 years old and this is my first visit to the ER and my first hospital stay, so I have a good record avoiding the ER. :cool:

I could not sleep the whole time I was at the hospital so I am trying to get back to my normal routine. As you may be able to tell by the time of this post, that hasn't happened yet.
Welcome back! Hopefully you get back to that routine soon. In the mean time, take it a bit easy.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Flightmare wrote:Welcome back! Hopefully you get back to that routine soon. In the mean time, take it a bit easy.
Thank you sir.
NRA Endowment Member

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

No place like home. Speedy recovery.

Jusme
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Jusme »

WildBill, glad your back, and on the road to recovery, please don't hesitate to reach out to us if we can help in any way. Hopefully everything will get back to normal soon. :thumbs2:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

WTR wrote:No place like home. Speedy recovery.
Indeed, no place like home. Thanks.
NRA Endowment Member

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Jusme wrote:WildBill, glad your back, and on the road to recovery, please don't hesitate to reach out to us if we can help in any way. Hopefully everything will get back to normal soon. :thumbs2:
Thank you for your offer. I just had six straight hours of good sleep, so that is helping.
Last edited by WildBill on Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
NRA Endowment Member

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”