Close call almost had to draw

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Close call almost had to draw

Post by Skiprr »

Well, I don't know Wyoming's laws, but there could have been an issue in Texas. Refer to PC §9.31 item 2: "...Did not provoke the person against whom the force was used...."
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

TexasTornado
Posts in topic: 5

Post by TexasTornado »

Skiprr wrote:Well, I don't know Wyoming's laws, but there could have been an issue in Texas. Refer to PC §9.31 item 2: "...Did not provoke the person against whom the force was used...."
I'm still not seeing provocation.

1. Appologizes
2. Moves vehicle
3. Tells the aggressor to (paraphrasing again) 'mind their own business'

What in that suggests the OP was pressing for a fight?
"I can see it's dangerous for you, but if the government trusts me, maybe you could."

NRA Lifetime Member

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

TT,

He should have folded'em at #2 above and mozied on. My opinion of course.

OP may have some regrets in how he handled the situation, hence the post to ask how forum members would have handled this.
Last edited by parabelum on Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TexasTornado

Post by TexasTornado »

parabelum wrote:TT,

He should have folded'em at #2 above and mozied on. My opinion of course.
Probably. "If you can't say nuthin nice..." but again, no Miss Manners course is required to get an LTC.
"I can see it's dangerous for you, but if the government trusts me, maybe you could."

NRA Lifetime Member

Surgeon
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Surgeon »

The message here, at least to me, is proof that "an armed society is a polite society". You were polite he was not. You helped him attain that status....quickly.
I guess we'll never know what the other guys true intentions were or would have been and thankfully it all ended without incident. Look on the bright side, the other guy is probably dog cussing his encounter with you to his friends (who already know what a jerk he is) about all the things he "shoulda, woulda, coulda done" and its burning him up inside. Reflect on that for a while.
I don't think you escalated anything. JMHO
The military arsenal we will use to fight a World War IV ..... "stones" - Einstein

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

What you said may have antagonized the jerk. With him being in a P/U he might have pulled up 50 yards, pulled out an AR , and had a Turkey Shoot. I would have just apologized again. Especially if my wife was with me.

jb2012

Post by jb2012 »

WTR wrote:What you said may have antagonized the jerk. With him being in a P/U he might have pulled up 50 yards, pulled out an AR , and had a Turkey Shoot. I would have just apologized again. Especially if my wife was with me.
That's a pretty big what-if over an argument haha

o b juan

Post by o b juan »

why do new posters ask the question?

Almost had to draw?

Have occasionally had some in class that Had the shoot scenario thrown out to class by someone.. The are usually tryng to get attention and show they are MACHO. Very similair to the guys who just have to OC so they can see the fear in someones eyes.
I let them talk and then shut them down trying not to embarise them
CHL Instructor since 95'/ School safety Since Jan 17' :patriot:

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

jb2012 wrote:
WTR wrote:What you said may have antagonized the jerk. With him being in a P/U he might have pulled up 50 yards, pulled out an AR , and had a Turkey Shoot. I would have just apologized again. Especially if my wife was with me.
That's a pretty big what-if over an argument haha

The guy has already been shown to be a jerk. He has already been thought to have been reaching for a weapon. How many good ole boy in Wyoming probably carry a scoped center fire rifle in their truck? Only takes one what if to ruin your day.

TexasTornado

Post by TexasTornado »

o b juan wrote:why do new posters ask the question?

Almost had to draw?

Have occasionally had some in class that Had the shoot scenario thrown out to class by someone.. The are usually tryng to get attention and show they are MACHO. Very similair to the guys who just have to OC so they can see the fear in someones eyes.
I do not understand the continual slamming of those who choose to OC that takes place on this forum.

I understand that OC may not be your cup of tea, but saying that people "OC so they can see the fear in someones eyes," makes you sound presumptuous and judgemental. JMHO.

NRA Lifetime Member

remanifest

Post by remanifest »

I do not see a problem with letting someone know you will defend yourself if you feel threatened.
"They will not force us, and they will stop degrading us. They will not control us, and we will be victorious. Rise up and take the power back. We have to unify and watch our flag ascend."
- Muse - Uprising

AJSully421

Post by AJSully421 »

Your key phrase, and try to say it with as little sarcasm as you can muster in the moment, is:

"Sorry 'bout that."

"Hey, you Texans think you can do whatever you want!" "Sorry 'bout that."

"Hey, this area is for boatin', not whatever you's a doin" "Sorry 'bout that."

Hey, your dog just peed all over my $1,000 boots" "Sorry 'bout that."

Then you can honestly reply in court: "Well, I told that feller that I was sorry, and then he pulled a pistol and I had to shoot him to get him to stop."

It goes over better than "I told him to shut his facial orifice and he pulled a pistol..."
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor

cirus

Post by cirus »

Everyone says they would do this or that or the op should have done this or that. Until your faced with the situation you don't know what you would do. Quit being so judgemental.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

EdnaBambrick wrote:What do the rest of you cowboys think?
I'm not a cowboy. All that talking was time that could have been spent just driving away. No parking spot, no matter where, is worth a gunfight.
Last edited by The Annoyed Man on Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

TexasTornado wrote:
o b juan wrote:why do new posters ask the question?

Almost had to draw?

I do not understand the continual slamming of those who choose to OC that takes place on this forum.

I understand that OC may not be your cup of tea, but saying that people "OC so they can see the fear in someones eyes," makes you sound presumptuous and judgemental. JMHO.
That is not what was said, you edited the statement thus editing the meaning. The poster said, "guys who just have to OC so they can see the fear in someones eyes". (They are out there, you know it, I know it, We all know it) The poster did not say all OC was like that, but your editing made it seem that way.

Also, you are right, Miss Manners is not required to get LTC, but DISPUTE RESILUTION is. If someone listened to that part of the class, they would have already known that dispute resolution was not being followed. When you use offensive language not only do you show lack of intellect, but it could be considered provocation. :tiphat:
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Return to “Never Again!!”