WA: Cascade Mall shooting

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Flightmare
Posts in topic: 1

WA: Cascade Mall shooting

Post by Flightmare »

Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Liberty

Re: WA: Cascade Mall shooting

Post by Liberty »

The killer just calmly walked away, knowing he wouldn't be challenged cause it was a gunfree zone.

I can't imagine why anyone would go to a mall these days, especially a gun-free zoned mall. It's been a while but I've never seen anything at a mall that can't be bought cheaper elsewhere and most places even in Washington are not dangerous gunfree zones. Some people just have more money than brains. This is what gets people killed.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

LSUTiger

Post by LSUTiger »

From the picture of the shooter shown on CNN he resembles Simon Cowell from American Idol
Chance favors the prepared. Making good people helpless doesn't make bad people harmless.
There is no safety in denial. When seconds count the Police are only minutes away.
Sometimes I really wish a lawyer would chime in and clear things up. Do we have any lawyers on this forum?

philip964
Posts in topic: 6

Post by philip964 »

Used a rifle. Very deadly compared to a handgun.

Left it at the scene so he could not be identified as he made his escape.

Walked away from the mall so a license plate could not be used to identify him.

His shooting began at the makeup counter in Macy's, a soft target.

All seems very calculated.

I hope they catch him quick, before he does this again.

I lived 7 miles from here when I was little. Lots of fun things to do on the weekends.

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 3

Post by ScottDLS »

Liberty wrote:The killer just calmly walked away, knowing he wouldn't be challenged cause it was a gunfree zone.

I can't imagine why anyone would go to a mall these days, especially a gun-free zoned mall. It's been a while but I've never seen anything at a mall that can't be bought cheaper elsewhere and most places even in Washington are not dangerous gunfree zones. Some people just have more money than brains. This is what gets people killed.
I didn't see in the article where the mall was a "gun free zone". My understanding of Washington law is that signs do not have the force of law for permit holders.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

They say he looks Hispanic. To me, shooter looks middle eastern from pics.

johncanfield

Post by johncanfield »

ScottDLS wrote:I didn't see in the article where the mall was a "gun free zone". My understanding of Washington law is that signs do not have the force of law for permit holders.
Macerich Properties, owner of the Cascade Mall, prohibits weapons on all of their properties.
LC9s, M&P 22, 9c, Sig P238-P239-P226-P365XL, 1911 clone

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 2

Post by TreyHouston »

White, hispanic or arab, this piece of work needs to be found ASAP. Gun free zone or not this is a horrible story.
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

johncanfield wrote:
ScottDLS wrote:I didn't see in the article where the mall was a "gun free zone". My understanding of Washington law is that signs do not have the force of law for permit holders.
Macerich Properties, owner of the Cascade Mall, prohibits weapons on all of their properties.
So does Costco, but lots of people carry there anyway, because it isn't a crime.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

nimravus01

Post by nimravus01 »

AJSully421

Post by AJSully421 »

nimravus01 wrote:Suspect in custody
http://www.king5.com/news/local/five-pe ... /324940198
Turkish name... snackbar?
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor

nimravus01

Post by nimravus01 »

Motive is unknown at present time.

This is really troubling. I lived in Oak Harbor when I was stationed at NAS Whidbey Island about 8 years ago. I've been to that mall numerous times. My wife, at the time, worked at a store in that mall. I still have friends living on Whidbey. Oak Harbor is pretty small, so everybody goes to Burlington for eating out, seeing a movie, doing big shopping, etc.

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

.22 ruger rifle used to kill those people. Is this guy just a really good shot or what? I understand any firearm can kill but... really?? Am i missing something?
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

TreyHouston wrote:.22 ruger rifle used to kill those people. Is this guy just a really good shot or what? I understand any firearm can kill but... really?? Am i missing something?
Another weapon of war with no place on our streets or in our malls.

philip964
Posts in topic: 6

Post by philip964 »

Suspect has been arrested.

Born in Turkey.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”