WA: Cascade Mall shooting

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Bolton Strid
Posts in topic: 1

Re: WA: Cascade Mall shooting

Post by Bolton Strid »

Found some stuff off of Facebook, but can't post it here due to language; seems the dude had a thing about being a pervert towards girls while he was in high school, always grabbing them (very) inappropriately, talking trash to them, being a real idiot. Some of his former victims posted some very colorful commentary about that.
Smoke Rings in the Dark

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Seems certain cultures do not adapt well to American society.

Even legal immigrants should be subject to immediate deportation once they become repeat criminals, especially violent behavior.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

parabelum wrote:They say he looks Hispanic. To me, shooter looks middle eastern from pics.
Today's news indicates he is a Turkish immigrant with American citizenship. He may not be a muslim but I'll bet hes not a Methodist or a Baptist.

philip964
Posts in topic: 6

Post by philip964 »

He’s also a Hillary Clinton fan.

Not a citizen, but legally in the US.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/turks-protes ... 26127.html

Woman was assaulted (kicked in the face) for wearing shorts on a bus in Turkey. The article is about the protest over his release apparently without any charges. He was later rearrested.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

"Cetin was told by an Island County district court judge on December 29 that he was not to possess a firearm, but the stepfather urged the judge not to impose a no-contact order, which would require him to surrender his gun - saying that his stepson was "going through a hard time".

"Skagit County court records show three domestic-violence assault charges against Cetin, with the victim identified as his stepfather."

"Chuck Egan, a Boeing maintenance worker, was killed - shot while helping his wife flee the store" The other four victims were all women, one was 16 years old, a cancer survivor. RIP.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

http://www.king5.com/news/local/investi ... /327490798

Not a citizen, but voted in the last 3 election cycles. Hillary supporter. Washington election system works on the honor system, proof of citizenship not required to register to vote.

Move along nothing to see here.

ELB

Post by ELB »

I had heard this by word-of-mouth, but until today had not come across verification in the news.

I am appalled.

Sheriff reveals he was in Macy's during Cascade Mall shooting...
...and he was unarmed.

Because he and his wife were celebrating her birthday with dinner and a movie. How could a cop possibly need his gun for that?

:banghead:
USAF 1982-2005

bdgyeah

Post by bdgyeah »

Was living in Omaha, NE when the mall shooting at Von Maur shooting in '07. Shooter took position on the second story with a rifle. Since then, when going to malls, my situational awareness is elevated. Especially on lower floors and in food courts.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

http://redstatewatcher.com/article.asp?id=74353
http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-new ... unty-jail/

Shooter hung himself in his jail cell.

Does this qualify as a jihad? Does he get the prize after death?

Family emigrated from Turkey when he was a child.

No doubt his parents will sue the county government for not identifying,dealing with, and treating his mental health issues.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

ScottDLS wrote:
johncanfield wrote:
ScottDLS wrote:I didn't see in the article where the mall was a "gun free zone". My understanding of Washington law is that signs do not have the force of law for permit holders.
Macerich Properties, owner of the Cascade Mall, prohibits weapons on all of their properties.
So does Costco, but lots of people carry there anyway, because it isn't a crime.
Oh boy, this guy is gonna get it! I'll bet you he gets banned for life from that mall for breaking their rules by bringing a gun in there.

It's a good thing we have business owners like this keeping us all safe from harm.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”