Levi's CEO: Please don't bring guns into our stores

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

puma guy
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Levi's CEO: Please don't bring guns into our stores

Post by puma guy »

I haven't worn Levi's since I bought my first pair of Wrangler 13MWZ (Cowboy/Boot Cut) jeans in high school.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

vjallen75

Post by vjallen75 »

I don't wear their clothes, definitely won't start now.
Vence
NRA Member, EDC: FNS-9mm
I have contact my state rep., Jonathan Stickland, about supporting HB 560. Fine out who represents you, here.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 4

Post by bblhd672 »

Any Levis jeans I own were given to me. I only buy Wrangler jeans, mostly because they fit better and cost less.

Now the Levis may have to go to the Goodwill store.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

RogueUSMC
Posts in topic: 3

Post by RogueUSMC »

https://twitter.com/RealDeanCain/status ... 4587027456

Looks like Superman carries...bonus!
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

Jusme
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Jusme »

Seems odd that I never heard about an ND in a Levi's store where an employee was injured. With anti gunners jumping on everything you would think it would have made national news. I'll admit I stay away from MSM as much as possible, but it seems like it would have gotten a mention somewhere that I would have seen it. ??????

Oh well, Since I have't worn any thing made by Levi's since about 72, I don't think his proclamation will drastically affect my life too much. Just another place I never go that I won't even be tempted. :nono:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

jsclark12

Post by jsclark12 »

What is the best place to go try on a wide variety of Wranglers to figure out which cut I like? Sears? Kohls?

I've been wearing Levi's so long because I know what cut I liked and didn't have to ever try on/shop.
Josh
Joshua 24:15

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

jsclark12 wrote:What is the best place to go try on a wide variety of Wranglers to figure out which cut I like? Sears? Kohls?

I've been wearing Levi's so long because I know what cut I liked and didn't have to ever try on/shop.

Academy seems to have a pretty good selection of Wranglers, also Carhartts. I never could find any Levi's that felt right to me, I wear Wrangler cowboy cut 13mwz jeans almost exclusively, but they may not be what you're looking for. If you don't mind spending a little more money look at Carhatts, or even Duluth Trading.

rotor

Post by rotor »

The only Levi store I ever saw was the manufacturing facility they had in Wichita Falls. Of course they closed that and moved their entire facility to Mexico where the cheap labor is. Trump is too late to stop them. My jeans are either Wrangler or Sam's club.

I don't consider this a ban on carry at a Levi store. I just don't know where a Levi store is.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

rotor wrote:The only Levi store I ever saw was the manufacturing facility they had in Wichita Falls. Of course they closed that and moved their entire facility to Mexico where the cheap labor is. Trump is too late to stop them. My jeans are either Wrangler or Sam's club.

I don't consider this a ban on carry at a Levi store. I just don't know where a Levi store is.

I guess we could boycott every store that sells Levi's and see how long even their cheap labor will keep them in business. :tiphat:

RogueUSMC

Post by RogueUSMC »

jsclark12 wrote:What is the best place to go try on a wide variety of Wranglers to figure out which cut I like? Sears? Kohls?

I work for Cavenders but they didn't pay me to suggest it...lol

I moved from 13MWZ jeans to 42MWZ a few years ago. they took a 13MWZ and lowered the waist slightly and lowered the pockets (where the watch pocket isn't under your belt anymore)...overall, nice adjustments. The 36MWZ replaced the 936MWZ for the slim fit guys. I have never had enough butt to fill out Levis so I have been a Wrangler customer dang near all my life...besides, momma never would spend that kind of money on jeans when I wanted Levis when they were popular in junior high...lol
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

gtolbert09 wrote:
The CEO of Levi's is asking customers and employees not to bring guns into its stores, offices or facilities, even in states where it's legal.

Levi Strauss & Co. President and CEO Chip Bergh writes Wednesday in an open letter posted on LinkedIn that a customer was injured in a Levi's store recently after the customer's own gun inadvertently went off. Bergh says the presence of firearms in stores creates an "unsettling environment" for many of its employees and customers.

He says the San Francisco-based company isn't banning guns, just requesting people not bring them into its places of business. Bergh writes that "trying to enforce a ban could potentially undermine the purpose of the ban itself: safety."

He says the company hopes "responsible gun owners will respect our position."
http://www.usnews.com/news/business/art ... our-stores
Thanks for posting. :thumbs2: I gave them a piece of my mind over Linked in.
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

FastCarry

Post by FastCarry »

Levi Strauss & Co,

I carry my weapon because of people who do not care about rules, laws and/or safety. A place that fails to recognize this creates an unsettling feeling for my wallet and of others' like me. Kthxbye.

locke_n_load

Post by locke_n_load »

Cinch is the way to go.
CHL Holder since 10/08
NRA Certified Instructor
Former LTC Instructor

aero10
Posts in topic: 2

Post by aero10 »

Since you're in the DFW area, there's a Wranglers outlet in Grapevine Mills Mall (I'm sure there are others elsewhere) that has a large selection and excellent prices. Also some of the outlets in Justin, TX have a ridiculous selection.

PatrickMas20
Posts in topic: 2

Post by PatrickMas20 »

lildave40 wrote:
PatrickMas20 wrote:Levi's have stores?

:confused5
They have one in Katy mills mall. But it is posted 30.06. 30.07

I've been to Katy Mills but never to the Levi's. I started to wear Levi's about 6 years ago because of how they fit but time to make the change and put my money elsewhere.

Return to “Never Again!!”