HB 560 - Holy Grail?

This forum will be open on Sept. 1, 2016.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

AJSully421
Posts in topic: 7

Re: HB 560 - Holy Grail?

Post by AJSully421 »

MeMelYup wrote:Hopefully it will be assigned to the right committee.
There is only one committee in each chamber that has anything to do with weapons / concealed handguns and things of the like. When you look at the actual bill, it will have "Subjects" with names and codes for those subjects. Bills are assigned to committees based on those codes.

Anything with Weapons (I0887) and / or Concealed Handguns (S0241) will get sent to Homeland Security & Public Safety Committee in the House, and State Affairs in the Senate.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor

KLB
Posts in topic: 4

Post by KLB »

Joe Straus is my rep. I emailed him today. As speaker, he could do a lot for this bill if he chooses. We'll see. Regrettably as to this issue, I am not among his supporters. I am identified with his primary opponents.

TrueFlog
Posts in topic: 2

Post by TrueFlog »

I called my Representative (Leach) yesterday and left a message. I also called Strauss and left a message asking him to put his full weight behind this bill.

troglodyte

Post by troglodyte »

Received this from Senator Perry's office today.

Thank you for contacting our office in support of HB 560 by Representative Springer. As a proud gun-owner, hunter, and concealed handgun license holder, Senator Perry truly believes gun rights are some of the most fundamental rights we hold as Americans.

Senator Perry plans to support Rep. Springer's bill, House Bill 560, when it arrives to the Senate. Senator Perry fights fiercely to protect all Second Amendment rights of law abiding Texans. It is Senator Perry's hope that the Texas Legislature will lead on this issue and produce legislation that will protect all Texans.

Thank you for reaching out to our office on this important issue. Should you have any further concerns or wish to speak more in depth on this or any other issue, please feel free to give our office a call at (512) 463-0128.

With Liberty,
Talon Firearms Training
Instructor - License To Carry, School Safety, First Responder: Texas DPS, Certified Instructor: Rangemasters/Tom Givens
NRA Instructor - Basic Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Range Safety Officer
Stop The Bleed Instructor

mojo84
Posts in topic: 11

Post by mojo84 »

troglodyte wrote:Received this from Senator Perry's office today.

Thank you for contacting our office in support of HB 560 by Representative Springer. As a proud gun-owner, hunter, and concealed handgun license holder, Senator Perry truly believes gun rights are some of the most fundamental rights we hold as Americans.

Senator Perry plans to support Rep. Springer's bill, House Bill 560, when it arrives to the Senate. Senator Perry fights fiercely to protect all Second Amendment rights of law abiding Texans. It is Senator Perry's hope that the Texas Legislature will lead on this issue and produce legislation that will protect all Texans.

Thank you for reaching out to our office on this important issue. Should you have any further concerns or wish to speak more in depth on this or any other issue, please feel free to give our office a call at (512) 463-0128.

With Liberty,

This is more in line with the kind of response I was hoping to receive.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Skiprr »

Thank you, Charles Perry (who also happens to be a Texas Tech alumnus).
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 7

Post by RoyGBiv »

Finally had a chance to read through this Bill enough to understand what it is proposing to do.
Thanks to y'all for helping to clarify things. I wound up reading the Bill and this thread in split screen to wade my way through.
Finding all the important bits and understanding them in context took some focus. Charles' summary at TFC was helpful as well.
Will be writing my representatives urging support.

:tiphat:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 14

Post by TreyHouston »

ok, Finally got it right and emailed REP. Allen Fletcher. lets see how long it takes to get an email.
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 31

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

TreyHouston wrote:ok, Finally got it right and emailed REP. Allen Fletcher. lets see how long it takes to get an email.
Sorry, but Rep. Fletcher is no longer in the Texas House.

Chas.

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

"rlol" ok, Ill try it a third time! Who is it that I email for district 130!

troglodyte

Post by troglodyte »

TreyHouston wrote:"rlol" ok, Ill try it a third time! Who is it that I email for district 130!
Who Represents Me
Talon Firearms Training
Instructor - License To Carry, School Safety, First Responder: Texas DPS, Certified Instructor: Rangemasters/Tom Givens
NRA Instructor - Basic Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Range Safety Officer
Stop The Bleed Instructor

allisji
Posts in topic: 3

Post by allisji »

TreyHouston wrote:"rlol" ok, Ill try it a third time! Who is it that I email for district 130!
try this guy:

https://www.facebook.com/TomOliverson/a ... e_internal
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

allisji wrote:
try this guy:

https://www.facebook.com/TomOliverson/a ... e_internal
yep! thats, writing him now. will post the answer when I get it.

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Here is the response from my Senator. Kind of non-committal if you ask me:

Mr. Soccerdad:

On behalf of Senator Kolkhorst thank you for contacting her office about HB 560. You have made some good points which she will consider. Thank you again.

Cheryl Tiemann
Central District Director
Senator Lois W. Kolkhorst
P. O. Box 1867
Brenham, Texas 77834
979-251-7888
979-251-7968 Fax

Return to “2017 Texas Legislative Session”