Bills legalizing knuckle possession?

This forum will be open on Sept. 1, 2016.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
amaly23
Posts in topic: 1

Bills legalizing knuckle possession?

Post by amaly23 »

Are there any bills right now that would legalize knuckle possession? It seems silly that we can possess and carry AR15s and other long guns, and own pistols, Bowie Knives, machetes, and NFA items but buying small plastic knuckles for $5 from Amazon leads to a year in jail and a fine of $4000, and a ban on getting a LTC for 5 years. If it's anything like the knife bill from 2015 it should pass easily and unanimously, I would hope.

twomillenium

Re: Bills legalizing knuckle possession?

Post by twomillenium »

I did not know knuckles were illegal. It seems so unfair that something that most folks are born with, are illegal! I guess I will start wearing gloves so at least they will not be visible. :lol:
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 2

Post by SewTexas »

I have not noticed anything like that, is there another word for it?
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Jusme
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Jusme »

SewTexas wrote:I have not noticed anything like that, is there another word for it?

They were originally called brass knuckles, and made from cast brass,they were popular during the rough and tumble days of frontier towns, used by pimps, and even local LEO. They carried over into more modern times, when gang fights were common. They could be carried in a pocket and then if a fight broke out, someone could slip their hand in their pocket and put them on. They were outlawed several years ago, and I have not seen or heard of a push to make them legal. I guess, if you were planning on being in a lot of fist fights they would be a way to shorten the fight. Not at the top of my wish list for this legislative session. JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 3

Post by bblhd672 »

Texas Penal Code 46.01 http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/D ... /PE.46.htm
(8) "Knuckles" means any instrument that consists of finger rings or guards made of a hard substance and that is designed, made, or adapted for the purpose of inflicting serious bodily injury or death by striking a person with a fist enclosed in the knuckles.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

noooo, I don't remember seeing anything about that this session. That doesn't mean I couldn't have missed it, but I try hard to notice anything with the "weapons" tag, if I see anything, I'll try to remember to let you know.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

The Wall

Post by The Wall »

Just wear four large rings and carry a 3/4" padded dowel rod cut to the wide of your hand. Don't think rings are illegal yet.

Jusme
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Jusme »

The Wall wrote:Just wear four large rings and a 3/4" dowel rod cut to the wide of your hand. Don't think rings are illegal yet.

I try to avoid hitting anything with my fists, that has teeth, and bone in it. besides, it would definitely interfere with my grip on my pistol. :biggrinjester:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

uthornsfan

Post by uthornsfan »

Would this be covered under the LTC?

I remember in my class talking about how you cannot carry a sword with a LTC, unless you were carrying your firearm.

IE If you were carrying a concealed pistol, you could carry a sword. Would it be the same thing with brass knuckles?

RossA
Banned

Post by RossA »

Where did the idea come from that you can carry a sword if you have your gun with a LTC?
God and the soldier we adore,
In times of danger, not before.
The danger gone, the trouble righted,
God's forgotten, the soldier slighted.

Syntyr

Post by Syntyr »

Hmmm.. 'beverage openers" shaking my head :headscratch

https://www.empiretactical.org/custom-u ... tle-opener
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

locke_n_load
Posts in topic: 5

Post by locke_n_load »

RossA wrote:Where did the idea come from that you can carry a sword if you have your gun with a LTC?
Texas penal code 46.02 is the part that states that carrying an "illegal knife" (includes knives over 5.5", swords, etc.) is illegal.
Section 46.15 (b)(6) states that 46.02 is not applicable to a license holder carrying their handgun.
CHL Holder since 10/08
NRA Certified Instructor
Former LTC Instructor

locke_n_load
Posts in topic: 5

Post by locke_n_load »

locke_n_load wrote:
RossA wrote:Where did the idea come from that you can carry a sword if you have your gun with a LTC?
Texas penal code 46.02 is the part that states that carrying an "illegal knife" (includes knives over 5.5", swords, etc.) is illegal.
Section 46.15 (b)(6) states that 46.02 is not applicable to a license holder carrying their handgun.
ETA: there is a documented case of not beating the ride on this though.
CHL Holder since 10/08
NRA Certified Instructor
Former LTC Instructor

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

locke_n_load wrote:
locke_n_load wrote:
But did they beat the "rap"? :smilelol5:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 3

Post by bblhd672 »

locke_n_load wrote:
locke_n_load wrote:
So I can carry 9 handguns...but no swords? I guess battleaxes are out too. :biggrinjester:
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Return to “2017 Texas Legislative Session”