"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Edoty39
Posts in topic: 2

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by Edoty39 »

Update:

Status shows "print pending" exactly one week after I submitted everything.
:thewave
Attachments
IMG_8208.PNG

Barryt

Post by Barryt »

DPS Received all my documentation on Monday 01/2/2017 and today 01/10/2017 the status changed to print pending.

tonym
Posts in topic: 18

Post by tonym »

do you mind me asking you your age ? and congratulations for your quick approval .. the reason im asking is, if your close to 21 you shouldn't really have much of a back ground to look up and.. I'm hoping it takes longer for us over 45 .. my status has not change once sense November 17th.. done some crazy things when I was in my 20's but nothing to bad. and have lived in a few states .. some times I wish they would just deny my app so I can appeal it.. that way I would know what going on.... It sucks not knowing anything at all...

K5CLC
Posts in topic: 38

Post by K5CLC »

tonym wrote:do you mind me asking you your age ? and congratulations for your quick approval .. the reason im asking is, if your close to 21 you shouldn't really have much of a back ground to look up and.. I'm hoping it takes longer for us over 45 .. my status has not change once sense November 17th.. done some crazy things when I was in my 20's but nothing to bad. and have lived in a few states .. some times I wish they would just deny my app so I can appeal it.. that way I would know what going on.... It sucks not knowing anything at all...
Thats one thing i got out of the lady i spoke to yesterday at DPS, "depending on your history it can take longer to review". My 20s had their moments too, but im 49 now, i dont get in trouble anymore. Lol.
The Intelligent Response is a Brave Response : http://tinyurl.com/BraveResponse

Glock4ever
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Glock4ever »

For people with clean records it seems it's about 10 business days for card mailing after all your docs are uploaded.

JCC511
Posts in topic: 51

Post by JCC511 »

Maybe I should wonder about my wife since we are going on week 8 for hers. Kidding, of course. Fingerprints and background still shows under review. She has lived in five states and has changed her last name.
submitted 11/14/2016 received 12/9/2016
my wife's 11/14/2016 received 3/8/2017

Barryt

Post by Barryt »

tonym wrote:do you mind me asking you your age ? and congratulations for your quick approval .. the reason im asking is, if your close to 21 you shouldn't really have much of a back ground to look up and.. I'm hoping it takes longer for us over 45 .. my status has not change once sense November 17th.. done some crazy things when I was in my 20's but nothing to bad. and have lived in a few states .. some times I wish they would just deny my app so I can appeal it.. that way I would know what going on.... It sucks not knowing anything at all...

Im 33. Active duty military, lived in 3 states and 8 houses in 10 years.

JCC511

Post by JCC511 »

My wife emailed inquiring about her application today and received this back. I removed the more personal information. Maybe everyone already knows this, but see below.

"By statute, DPS has up to 60 days to issue an original LTC, and 45 days to issue a renewal license. However, it is imperative that applicants understand that these time periods are calculated from the time a *fully-completed application AND supporting documents are received by the department. In the event more information or documents are required to complete an application, DPS has an additional 180 days to complete the review process."

I also left off information those of us who have been checking online already know. Continuing to check daily.

K5CLC

Post by K5CLC »

JCC511 wrote:My wife emailed inquiring about her application today and received this back. I removed the more personal information. Maybe everyone already knows this, but see below.

"By statute, DPS has up to 60 days to issue an original LTC, and 45 days to issue a renewal license. However, it is imperative that applicants understand that these time periods are calculated from the time a *fully-completed application AND supporting documents are received by the department. In the event more information or documents are required to complete an application, DPS has an additional 180 days to complete the review process."

I also left off information those of us who have been checking online already know. Continuing to check daily.

After the last inquiry i realize now that they arent goiny to give an inch toward letting someone know their status. Phone or email. Im on my 8th week now. So i assume something they have to look at in my past has them in slow motion to check it out and make a decision. It would be a sad thing to think i've spent over 200 bucks to be a proud LTC holder and spent the time and effort only to maybe be declined.

tonym
Posts in topic: 18

Post by tonym »

I'm 45 years old had has not been in trouble in over 20 years or more , and I'm with you on that one "K5CLC" but at this point I would rather be declined then not told anything.. because if your declined you have the right to know why and then can take the steps you need to fix the problem..... like I said before, I believe Ill here something right around the time Texas goes to constitutional carry.. at the point its good to have your LTC if you travel out of state as I do from time to time. :iagree: :rules: :rules: :rules: :rules: :rules: :rules: :rules: :rules: :rules: :rules: :rules:

Colt 45

Post by Colt 45 »

Just found this forum.
I've been reading all the posts and time frames. :shock:
I don't feel so screwed now, seems like the norm for the 40+crowd. Which is just sad. My forms have been in the same pending status since the end of November.

QuePsiPhiSmkr
Posts in topic: 3

Post by QuePsiPhiSmkr »

Finally got my plastic last night

application submitted- 11/9/16
fingerprints-11/10/2016
chl class - 11/12/2016
uploaded docs-11/16/2016
background check under review-12/8/2016
print pending-1/5/2016
plastic in hand-1/11/2017

I did apply under my new Jersey license but the next day after I applied I got my Tx DL. I had to upload new licenese and this cause some delay but I lived in a couple of different states which I think caused some delay. I had to call the state and asked about the delay. I have other CCW licenses from other states which Texas honors which got through this wait. Yes, I am in the 40+ crowd.... :thewave :anamatedbanana

JCC511

Post by JCC511 »

Congratulations! My wife's may not be far behind. I wonder if she should upload her new license. Her last name was different when we took our classroom course, but we did note the paperwork that it had changed. Should not have to update it since the DPS has access, but may help.

Zyme
Posts in topic: 15

Post by Zyme »

Not sure why I'm tied up so long. I've really been watching the thread to see others times. I'm 24 got a misdemeanor disturbing the peace when I was 18. No other trouble at all. I submitted my documents along with the class in October 2016. I received the confirmation email 10/31/16 that everything was received. I have lived in Texas and Louisiana 5+ years in Louisiana and 3 in Texas. Really no idea what the hold up is, they said they have 60 days but I think I'm on about day 50 or so now, not including weekends. I called DPS and they said they have everything it just hasn't procesed. I have been stuck on pending since 10/31. I'll just continue to be paitent and wait, I really wish I knew what the hold up was though.

K5CLC

Post by K5CLC »

Zyme wrote:Not sure why I'm tied up so long. I've really been watching the thread to see others times. I'm 24 got a misdemeanor disturbing the peace when I was 18. No other trouble at all. I submitted my documents along with the class in October 2016. I received the confirmation email 10/31/16 that everything was received. I have lived in Texas and Louisiana 5+ years in Louisiana and 3 in Texas. Really no idea what the hold up is, they said they have 60 days but I think I'm on about day 50 or so now, not including weekends. I called DPS and they said they have everything it just hasn't procesed. I have been stuck on pending since 10/31. I'll just continue to be paitent and wait, I really wish I knew what the hold up was though.
Sorry you are waiting so long, certainly not encouraging for those of us waiting along with you. Hope things pan out for us all.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”