Hearing Protection Act of 2017

What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Hearing Protection Act of 2017

Post by Vol Texan »

I just now sent a friendly note to Rep. Culberson asking him to co-sponsor this bill.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Topic author
TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 34

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

Latest update:
S.59 added one cosponsor yesterday, which brings t up to four. Cruz still has not cosponsored it... :waiting:
H.R.367 added Rep Thornberry R-TX-13 as a cosponsor bringing the house version up to 83 cosponsors.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

imkopaka
Posts in topic: 2

Post by imkopaka »

I just emailed Rep. Conaway (District 11) and asked him to cosponsor and support this bill.
Never bring a knife to a gun fight.
Carry gun: Springfield XD Tactical .45

oohrah

Post by oohrah »

And here's another angle:

""Teddy Roosevelt is famous for his love of shooting, hunting, and battle. He was an avid gun user and collector, and a great fan of Winchester lever-action rifles, and one of his most-used and prized Winchesters will be a part of it.

That Rifle is a Model 1894 likely chambered in .30-30, which he often called his “Little .30.” Roosevelt instantly became a fan of the cartridge when it was first introduced. He was such a fan of their rifles that he tried every new model introduced, and when he felled an antelope at about 180 yards he declared the .30-30 Model 1894 as “Aces,” and decided to get one for use at home in Long Island.

Chiefly purposed for varminting on and around his property, Roosevelt had it modified and suppressed with a Maxim silencer, as to be kind to his neighbors. “Yes, you guessed it, Roosevelt’s ’94 Winchester comes with it’s very own suppressor.”
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

sheary

Post by sheary »

I am so ready for this to pass.

Lynyrd
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Lynyrd »

oohrah wrote:And here's another angle:

""Teddy Roosevelt is famous for his love of shooting, hunting, and battle. He was an avid gun user and collector, and a great fan of Winchester lever-action rifles, and one of his most-used and prized Winchesters will be a part of it.

That Rifle is a Model 1894 likely chambered in .30-30, which he often called his “Little .30.” Roosevelt instantly became a fan of the cartridge when it was first introduced. He was such a fan of their rifles that he tried every new model introduced, and when he felled an antelope at about 180 yards he declared the .30-30 Model 1894 as “Aces,” and decided to get one for use at home in Long Island.

Chiefly purposed for varminting on and around his property, Roosevelt had it modified and suppressed with a Maxim silencer, as to be kind to his neighbors. “Yes, you guessed it, Roosevelt’s ’94 Winchester comes with it’s very own suppressor.”
I love my 94 (1951 model), but with a suppressor? Wow!! :thumbs2:
Do what you say you're gonna do.

GlassG19

Post by GlassG19 »

Skiprr wrote:
bblhd672 wrote:I received the same letter from Senator Cornyn. Nothing from Senator Cruz.
Ditto.

Me too.
"To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace"- George Washington

dhoobler

Post by dhoobler »

Revolver - An elegant weapon... for a more civilized age.
NRA Endowment Life Member
TSRA Life Member

Topic author
TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

Time for your daily update on H.R. 367
8 additional cosponsors today including Representative Sam Johnson TX-3.
Up to 93 cosponsors!

LucasMcCain

Post by LucasMcCain »

Just sent this to my congressman. Any constructive criticism would be welcome. I've never really done this sort of thing in the past. I'll let y'all know if I get a reply.

Dear Congressman Barton,

First let me thank you for your service to our great state. I support you with my vote and my prayers.

I am writing to encourage you to support and cosponsor H.R.367 - Hearing Protection Act of 2017. This important piece of legislation would have benefits beyond just allowing people the use of a firearm suppressor. It would help decrease tensions between communities and firing ranges. It would decrease tensions between neighbors over the noisy nature of shooting sports. There are really no downsides to the legislation of which I am aware. The recently published white paper from the ATF fully supports this attitude. I believe the passage of this bill would be met with a high level of public approval.

Thank you for your time. God bless you, and God bless Texas.

Sincerely,
Lucas McCain
I prefer dangerous freedom to safety in chains.

Let's go Brandon.

Topic author
TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

S.59 picked up three more cosponsors over the last couple of days, bringing it up to 7. Cruz is still absent...
H.R.367 also picked up two more including Representative Blake Farenthold, TX-27. The house version stands at 97 cosponsors now.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 6

Post by bblhd672 »

What is wrong with Cruz? Did his loss to Trump cause him such distress he's retreated to a safe space?
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Topic author
TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

bblhd672 wrote:What is wrong with Cruz? Did his loss to Trump cause him such distress he's retreated to a safe space?
I'm guessing that he's just tied up with things like schooling sanders in debates... :lol::

Topic author
TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

Received from my rep:
Dear John,

Thank you for contacting me to express your support for the Hearing Protection Act. I am an original cosponsor of this bill and share your position on this important issue. As a proud holder of a Texas Concealed Handgun License, I’ve spent much of my career defending the right of individuals to own firearms, and I am committed to continuing this fight on your behalf.

As you may know, the Hearing Protection Act (H.R. 367) was introduced by Rep. Jeff Duncan (R-SC) in January 2017. If passed into law, this measure would remove gun suppressors from regulations established under the National Firearms Act of 1934, while also eliminating the $200 tax currently applied to firearm silencers.

H.R. 367 has been referred to the House Ways and Means Committee and the House Judiciary Committee, on which I serve, for consideration. I am hopeful that it will be approved so it can quickly be brought up for a vote before the full House of Representatives.

The Constitution explicitly states that the people’s right to bear arms shall not be infringed upon. As a committed conservative, I stand firmly behind the Constitution and the inalienable rights with which we are endowed. I have been appointed to the House Judiciary Committee, which serves as a primary guardian of the Constitution. This places me in a strategic position to ensure that all legislation passed by Congress aligns with and respects the Constitution — including the Second Amendment.

I am honored and grateful for the opportunity to continue serving as your voice in Washington, and I hope you’ll continue to reach out about the important issues facing our country and district. It is through your active civic engagement that I am best able to represent your interests at this critical juncture for our country. If I can be of assistance to you, please contact my office at (202) 225-6673 or Ratcliffe.house.gov.

Sincerely,

John Ratcliffe
Member of Congress

Topic author
TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

:clapping: H.R. 367 is now at the century mark for cosponsors! :clapping:
Two additional signed on yesterday.