Sig P250 questions

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
treadlightly
Posts in topic: 3

Sig P250 questions

Post by treadlightly »

Lately I've been thinking about the relative safety of hammer versus striker fired guns, particularly when holstering.

How does the trigger on a P250 compare to a Kahr PM9? I like the safety of a long trigger pull, although I'm sure there is such a thing as too long.

The Kahr trigger, to me, is very nice. Mine starts moving at about 5.5 pounds on a trigger gauge and stays at 5.5 pounds through the entire stroke.

How even is the pull on the P250? I haven't been able to get my hands on one yet. Anyone know how the P250 trigger compares to a Kahr PM9?

I guess what I'm looking for is sort of a higher capacity double-stack PM9 with a hammer so I can holster the gun while pressing down on the hammer to prevent an ND.

bobby
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Sig P250 questions

Post by bobby »

Lets put it this way... If Sig made a K framed sized revolver 3" in 9mm with a trigger like that. Then :anamatedbanana :thewave :txflag:
:txflag:

FL450

Post by FL450 »

The P250 is about 5.5 pull, consistsnt throughout
I am in Houston , notsure where your at but if your in the area or if I am ever in yours you are welcome to shoot mine. I have a compact chambered in 40 and the wifes is chambered in 9mm.
I love the sound smell of jet fuel in the morning.
Fat thumbs + IPhone = errors, please forgive.

txglock21

Post by txglock21 »

I carried my P250c 40 for about a year before I bought my Glock 30sf, which I now carry. Next to my Glocks, the P250c is my second favorite shooting gun. As to how it compares to the Khar, I can't comment because Khar is one of the few guns I have never shot. :tiphat:
"Laugh about everything or cry about nothing."
NRA Life Member & TSRA Member/ Former USAF

Topic author
treadlightly

Post by treadlightly »

Thanks for the comments. My P320 subcompact has followed me around quite a bit this winter. I very lightly polished the frame where the trigger bar pads touch with a cloth polisher in a Dremel tool and I put an Apex flat trigger in it. It's nice and I can hit with it.

The P250 sounds like a similar trigger to the Kahr, and that gets pretty good results for me, too.

Tempting. Getting telemetry back from the trigger while holstering by keeping my thumb behind the hammer sounds reassuring.

Four Big Rules, though, that's what counts.

SIGFan43

Post by SIGFan43 »

I have the SIG P250 Compact 9mm, along with a caliber conversion kit for 357 SIG, and I also place my thumb on the hammer when holstering to give early warning of a possible snag, which hasn't happened yet. I'm very aware of shirt-tails and/or folds in my shirt that might get caught in the trigger guard. A couple of lady friends that have used revolvers love the smooth DAO trigger on my P250, and love the size and weight. One lady got 100% on her LTC shooting test with a Glock 19, but likes my P250 better.

I also have a SIG P320 Subcompact 9mm that I dearly love, but I take extra care when holstering, because there is no manual safety, other than the long trigger pull on the striker. I've owned many other all-steel SIG pistols. My favorite steel SIG was the P239. In fact, I was drooling over three of those in a gun shop yesterday. Yes, I have SIG fever. :drool:
SIGFan43
Where am I going, and why am I in this handbasket?

Topic author
treadlightly

Post by treadlightly »

Grab the P250 while its hot, I guess. I went to the Sig site and the only model listed is in .22.

I called Sig customer service (very nice folks) and there are no new P250's being built at this time. It's not officially discontinued, but it is not selling enough to keep it in production.

They come with a lifetime warranty for the purchaser, so you'll never run out of factory support if you buy new, but this is not a gun that will be available forever, or so it appears.

SigM4

Post by SigM4 »

treadlightly wrote:Grab the P250 while its hot, I guess. I went to the Sig site and the only model listed is in .22.

...but this is not a gun that will be available forever, or so it appears.
Exactly. While the 250 pioneered the idea of the modular FCU, the 320 (with its recent Army contract) is the real beneficiary of the idea. The 250 has a very smooth trigger pull and is reminiscent of good DA revolvers. I had an early model 250 compact in 9mm, only reason I got rid of it was because I got it for a song and had someone way more interested in it than I was at the time. I've always wanted to replace that gun.
Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”