Houston south quadrant breakfast

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

puma guy
Posts in topic: 248

Re: Houston south quadrant breakfast

Post by puma guy »

mrvmax wrote:
puma guy wrote:Light crowd this morning, but good company all! We almost got our waitress to join in. :lol:
I was planning on going but a friend of mine called me yesterday to see if I could drive him home after surgery this morning. He lives in Richwood so I got back way too late to make it.
Can't fault helping out a friend. :thumbs2: Hopefully we'll see ya next go 'round!
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

WildBill wrote:
puma guy wrote:Light crowd this morning, but good company all! We almost got our waitress to join in. :lol:
After y'all left I went back inside and had coffee with her. :mrgreen:
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Topic author
LDB415
Posts in topic: 163

Post by LDB415 »

Another good meal and good company. I'm already ready for the next one.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 43

Post by Vol Texan »

South Quadrant Breakfast team...

It looks like we're finally going to be able to pull off a West Quadrant version of our monthly meet-up. I know it's a bit of a haul for some of you, but it would be good if some of y'all could join us on the west side for our inaugural breakfast. We'll be at Rudy's Country Store & Bar-B-Q at 21799 Katy Fwy, Katy, TX 77450. We'll do Saturday morning, 25 Feb this month, but if it works out, we might switch to a different regularly scheduled date (maybe every second saturday morning of the month?).
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

TexasCajun
Posts in topic: 27

Post by TexasCajun »

Vol Texan wrote:South Quadrant Breakfast team...

It looks like we're finally going to be able to pull off a West Quadrant version of our monthly meet-up. I know it's a bit of a haul for some of you, but it would be good if some of y'all could join us on the west side for our inaugural breakfast. We'll be at Rudy's Country Store & Bar-B-Q at 21799 Katy Fwy, Katy, TX 77450. We'll do Saturday morning, 25 Feb this month, but if it works out, we might switch to a different regularly scheduled date (maybe every second saturday morning of the month?).
You may want to factor in potential conflicts. The 4th Saturday of the month is the IDPA match at PSC. And the Team Trainwreck IDPA match is the 2nd Saturday in Texas City.
Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice.
NRA TSRA TFC CHL: 9/22/12, PSC Member: 10/2012

twomillenium
Posts in topic: 84

Post by twomillenium »

I would have made the long haul if I didn't have a class to teach Saturday. Hope you get a good turnout
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Topic author
LDB415

Post by LDB415 »

That's great. My wild idea was there would be a breakfast every week rotating around the quadrants of the city and that some of the other cities would get their own going as well. So for the questions. What time? That's probably the most important question. What does Rudy's have on their breakfast menu? Congratulations on getting it going. I hope it really takes off for you guys. Ours is a truly great time.

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

LDB415 wrote:That's great. My wild idea was there would be a breakfast every week rotating around the quadrants of the city and that some of the other cities would get their own going as well. So for the questions. What time? That's probably the most important question. What does Rudy's have on their breakfast menu? Congratulations on getting it going. I hope it really takes off for you guys. Ours is a truly great time.
Good catch, Leo. We plan to meet at 8:30. Since it's not a work day, we can sleep in a bit later than we do for the 8am South Quadrant Breakfast :biggrinjester:
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

TexasCajun wrote:
Vol Texan wrote:South Quadrant Breakfast team...

You may want to factor in potential conflicts. The 4th Saturday of the month is the IDPA match at PSC. And the Team Trainwreck IDPA match is the 2nd Saturday in Texas City.
Yes, conflicts are always going to be a big thing. By shifting from Friday to Saturday, I hope we are able to avoid that one conflict that a lot of working folks have: bosses.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

I can hardly believe the first Friday (March 3) is upon us. I plan to attend the breakfast, but may have to bug out a little earlier than usual.

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

I'll be in New Orleans attending a cousin's wedding. Enjoy the breakfast y'all!

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Vol Texan wrote:I'll be in New Orleans attending a cousin's wedding. Enjoy the breakfast y'all!
Have a safe trip! Hope you enjoy a NOLA breakfast that day!

twomillenium
Posts in topic: 84

Post by twomillenium »

I plan to be there, missed the February one, was in MS, celebrating grandmother 100th birthday. Thanks again to all that sent cards, that really made her day.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 98

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

I plan to be there, but during session, nothing is certain.

Chas.

Topic author
LDB415

Post by LDB415 »

I've got an appointment in Houston and won't be able to make it. I know you guys can step up and eat all the biscuits though.

Return to “Off-Topic”