30.06 vs 30.07 reporting

To keep abreast of site changes, or to post a question, idea or suggestion for the website.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 4

Re: 30.06 vs 30.07 reporting

Post by ScottDLS »

Ktashford wrote:It's not a private entity thought. It's a publicly owned company. And I tried to find all the requirements for a company to be able to have 30.06 signs and I don't see that they meet any. Not saying I'm 100% correct. I could have missed something. But why don't they have a legit 30.06 sign? I've never seen a 30.6. I know it's a tiny detail but to my knowledge, 30.06 and 30.6 are 2 different regulations. Or am I wrong?
It's not a "government entity", therefore no problem with them enforcing a properly posted 30.06 sign. 30.6 is likely just a typo, though it arguably renders the sign legally unenforceable.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

warnmar10
Posts in topic: 1

Post by warnmar10 »

Ktashford wrote:Everything else seems to appear legit but my comany has done things like this before. The Hispanic writing is correct but not the English. I don't think my comany has any legal standing to have 30.06 regulations but I am looking in to it. It's a storage warehouse. No drugs, alcohol, chemicals, anything like that.
No habla espanol. Image

jmorris

Post by jmorris »

Ktashford wrote:It's not a private entity though. It's a publicly owned company. And I tried to find all the requirements for a company to be able to have 30.06 signs and I don't see that they meet any. Not saying I'm 100% correct. I could have missed something. But why don't they have a legit 30.06 sign? I've never seen a 30.6. I know it's a tiny detail but to my knowledge, 30.06 and 30.6 are 2 different regulations. Or am I wrong?
Because it's publicly traded doesn't mean it's public property. It's private property owned by the corporation. Only property owned by a government entity is public.
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

I think being a "publicly owned" company and a government entity are two very different things. Government entities own very few if any companies.

Regarding the 30.06 vs 30.6 issue, if the errors seem like they may be typos and just an incorrectly worded sign and everything else is correct then I would not take the chance. That doesn't mean that I'm saying it is a valid sign. I'm just saying that I can't afford to take that chance.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Ktashford

Post by Ktashford »

Thanks for all the advice!

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

C-dub wrote:I think being a "publicly owned" company and a government entity are two very different things. Government entities own very few if any companies.

Regarding the 30.06 vs 30.6 issue, if the errors seem like they may be typos and just an incorrectly worded sign and everything else is correct then I would not take the chance. That doesn't mean that I'm saying it is a valid sign. I'm just saying that I can't afford to take that chance.
I can afford to take the chance (of having to fight a $200 ticket in JP court), even though I still have two children to send to college. :biggrinjester:

Now if said 30.6 sign were posted at my employer, I may consider more carefully. However, since my employer is in Rockville, MD, I typically don't carry when I'm in the office. :lol:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

ScottDLS wrote:
C-dub wrote:I think being a "publicly owned" company and a government entity are two very different things. Government entities own very few if any companies.

I can afford to take the chance (of having to fight a $200 ticket in JP court), even though I still have two children to send to college. :biggrinjester:

Now if said 30.6 sign were posted at my employer, I may consider more carefully. However, since my employer is in Rockville, MD, I typically don't carry when I'm in the office. :lol:
I still keep forgetting that penalty has been reduced. :leaving
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

KLB

Post by KLB »

Ktashford wrote:It's not a private entity though. It's a publicly owned company. And I tried to find all the requirements for a company to be able to have 30.06 signs and I don't see that they meet any. Not saying I'm 100% correct. I could have missed something. But why don't they have a legit 30.06 sign? I've never seen a 30.6. I know it's a tiny detail but to my knowledge, 30.06 and 30.6 are 2 different regulations. Or am I wrong?
Publicly owned companies are private entities; they are just not privately held. That's a different concept. Publicly owned companies are free to post 30.06 and 30.07 signs, just as you and I are.

As to 30.6 instead of 30.06, if I were in there by accident and got caught and prosecuted, I might try to defend on that basis, but I would not knowingly go in planning to depend on that defense.

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

KLB wrote:
Publicly owned companies are private entities; they are just not privately held. That's a different concept. Publicly owned companies are free to post 30.06 and 30.07 signs, just as you and I are.

As to 30.6 instead of 30.06, if I were in there by accident and got caught and prosecuted, I might try to defend on that basis, but I would not knowingly go in planning to depend on that defense.
In the unlikely event that I got caught, I'd ask for a jury trial in municipal or JP court and submit multiple motions to the (part time) municipal prosecutor to dismiss. If they didn't drop, I'd take it all the way through voir dire and trial by jury, at which time the jury of my peers may find me guilty (of wasting their time), and assess the maximum $200 fine...I would then immediately appeal...and proceed until I ran out of money to pay my lawyer. :biggrinjester:

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

ScottDLS wrote:
In the unlikely event that I got caught, I'd ask for a jury trial in municipal or JP court and submit multiple motions to the (part time) municipal prosecutor to dismiss. If they didn't drop, I'd take it all the way through voir dire and trial by jury, at which time the jury of my peers may find me guilty (of wasting their time), and assess the maximum $200 fine...I would then immediately appeal...and proceed until I ran out of money to pay my lawyer. :biggrinjester:
That's despicable.....I like it!! :biggrinjester:
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

Didn't you mean...deplorable? :smilelol5:

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Skiprr »

Hi, folks. Just a note that this category is for questions and suggestions pertaining only to the operation of this Forum. Locking this one down to try to keep things tidy. Please feel free to open a new Topic in a category like "General CHL Discussion" to talk about Texas carry statutes and how they're applied.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Return to “Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions”