Texas

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Alaska2texas
Posts in topic: 3

Texas

Post by Alaska2texas »

Are there any suggestions on upgrades for an every day carry GLOCK 23?

Firearm is essentially stock besides the classic "Infidel" tach on and rubber pistol grip.

Also. Is anyone ambidextrous? Been carrying around the house righty (im lefty) trying to put in some muscle memory. I am going shooting at the range to practice. Its like learning to walk again! :patriot:
"The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"

carlson1
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Texas

Post by carlson1 »

All a Glock needs is night sights in my opinion.

Topic author
Alaska2texas

Post by Alaska2texas »

Carlson1 thank you! Ive been online and alot of glock owners spend various amounts of money of slides, recoil springs, triggers, etc. just wasnt sure if anyone has expericened a more MUST HAVE accessory.

Liberty
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Liberty »

There are 2 types of guns, Carry Guns and everything else. Other than sights messing around with a factory set up is generally not a good idea. Any mods should get lots of range time before strapping them on for EDC.

There was a post a couple days ago about a lady that got shot with her modified gun. The gun was holstered and untouched by her.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

twjones

Post by twjones »

Agree to adding night sights. I prefer Meprolight, but there are other good brands out there.

jimd1981

Post by jimd1981 »

:iagree: But, I like the TruGlo TFX sights, myself. Fiber glows in daylight, tritium at night.

Wag2323

Post by Wag2323 »

Just curious if you are a lefty why are you carrying as a right hander? Just general practice or do you intend to carry that way out in public?

thatguy

Post by thatguy »

Your EDC is like under garments, it is a very personal choice and may change over time.. I would say in my experience I have evolved where my EDC is a Glock 19 with Trijicon HD sights, a TLR 1 600 lumen light and a ZEV trigger spring kit (as previously stated, be careful modifying the trigger or don't until YOU feel comfortable/confident), one spare mag in a Comptac pouch, a Safariland 7367 level 3 paddle holster (for the occasional OC), a Streamlight handheld Polytac flashlight in a Comptac holder all held together with a Bigfoot gun belt.

My secondary is the Glock 43 in a Blade-tech IWB holster with a spare mag (at least one) and my Polytac flashlight.

Hope this helps :fire
In the endless pursuit of perfection, we may achieve excellence.

Texas LTC and School Safety Instructor and NRA Training Counselor

G40yes

Post by G40yes »

Agree to adding night sights. I had Big Dot 24/7, liked them OK, and then switched to Speedsights night sights with tritium inserts and lime green front diamond. Love using these sights, I've improved in both speed and accuracy. I CC Glock G19 whenever I can. Best wishes finding what suits you.
.. tyrants accomplish their purposes ...by disarming the people, and making it an offense to keep arms. - Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

carlson1 wrote:All a Glock needs is night sights in my opinion.
What he said. Mine are all stock, except for the addition of night sights.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
Alaska2texas

Post by Alaska2texas »

Thank you giys for the input! Ive been looking at nigjt sights, so many choices.

As for the right hand carry, i only right hand carry in the house. Practicing. Im a lefty, when im out and about i carry left. Just trying to get somewhat memorized with the right hand (in the house.)

maverick2076

Post by maverick2076 »

Night sights.

Extended slide release. I just put on Ghost Inc's bullet forward slide release and I really like it. It definitely makes it easier for me as a lefty to manipulate the slide release.

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

carlson1 wrote:All a Glock needs is night sights in my opinion.
I've added those to all my pistols and I've also added Talon rubberized grips to all the polymer framed ones. I found them a great help for maintaining a good grip when cold, wet, sweaty, etc. Very easy to install too.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

NotRPB

Post by NotRPB »

After all my night sights on all my Glocks from the 1980s got too dim to see, I replaced all my sights with http://www.advantagetactical.com/ So I can rack the slide 1-handed if my arm is injured or busy and so my follow up shot is faster for sight acquisition than it was for the night sights.

I use the bright orange rear and hot yellow front sight to form the pyramid in any light condition I'd be firing a round in... if it's too dark to identify my target and I need a "glowing" thing ...
I'm not sending a round out at unknown targets... though Advantage does make "glowing thing" sights too, but all the LEOs at the range who saw my targets always say "carry that one" referring to the Glocks with that sight setup.

LucasMcCain

Post by LucasMcCain »

Y'all got me looking at night sights for my G19, and there certainly are a lot of options out there. There were a few makers that offered a ghost ring sight with tritium dots. I have never seen anything like that before, but most of the reviewers loved them. Have any of you ever tried something like that? Did you like it? The general consensus among reviewers was that they are good for fast target acquisition and follow up shots. Not as good for long ranges or absolute accuracy. Thoughts?
I prefer dangerous freedom to safety in chains.

Let's go Brandon.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”