Anyone else clean today?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Anyone else clean today?

Post by C-dub »

After my daughter and I spent a long day at the range last weekend we got home so late we were too tired to clean any of the guns we fired. Then we had a full day on Sunday and didn't have any time then either. Then Monday came and I was back at work and no time until today. Thursday's and Friday's are my regular Saturday and Sunday.

Anywho, today we cleaned all but one of the guns we shot last weekend. The only one we didn't clean was her Colt 1911-22. We'll get to that one next weekend. Today we cleaned two revolvers and her M&P 15-22 and my M4. I showed her how to take apart the BCG and trigger assembly on the two carbines and how to use the sonic cleaner to get them nice and shiny. We lubed them all up and put them back together and function checked them and all worked well. Maybe we'll shoot them again next week since I did not get to take my MIL to the range today. I was going to try another time getting that new ACOG of mine sighted in after hearing from Pawpaw in my other thread.

So, we had a fun couple of hours together and she learned how to disassemble, clean, and reassemble a couple old 3-screw Rugers and a couple carbines.
Last edited by C-dub on Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Jusme
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Anyone else clean today?

Post by Jusme »

I took a shower this morning. :biggrinjester:

Oh, I didn't read the whole post.
Jusme Jr. And I cleaned our shotguns as soon as we got home Saturday from our defensive shotgun class.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Lena

Post by Lena »

Just finished cleaning 3 Glocks 2 for tomorrow's match and my M32 carry pistol.
Stay Safe

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I've got some cleaning to do. MAYBE will get to it today. Grandkids are taking a LOT of my time lately.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

Going to the range today with my wife. Guess I will be cleaning tonight or after church tomorrow. She asked which guns we were taking and I guess I will have to think about that. Decisions decisions and on a Saturday too. :fire
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

mot7981

Post by mot7981 »

Just picked up a well used Sig P239. It looked good on the field strip but I plan on digging a little deeper today to see how good of a deal I made. Fingers crossed. BTW, My wife doesn't care to be around when I'm cleaning but my younger daughter will usually sit in and help out. We always have a pleasant time. Happy Saturday!

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Bitter Clinger »

I hate cleaning, but I love making 'em dirty!

Planning to do some tactical pistol training today and put roughly 600 rounds through a coupla Glocks. And not planning to ever clean them if I don't have to!

:fire
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

2 Tac shotguns are in the queue. Not enough time to give them a detailing job.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Bitter Clinger wrote:I hate cleaning, but I love making 'em dirty!

Planning to do some tactical pistol training today and put roughly 600 rounds through a coupla Glocks. And not planning to ever clean them if I don't have to!

After the tactical pistol class today my M&P 9 needs some care, but I'm the one that really needs cleaning. Hot and sunny on the range.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

The Annoyed Man wrote:I've got some cleaning to do. MAYBE will get to it today. Grandkids are taking a LOT of my time lately.
There isn't a better excuse in the world!
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Annoyed Man »

anygunanywhere wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:I've got some cleaning to do. MAYBE will get to it today. Grandkids are taking a LOT of my time lately.
Amen, brother. Besides, we take care of a 1 year old grandson and a 3 year old granddaughter, M-F, from about 6:00 a.m. to about 4:30 p.m. I think my son owes me some gun-cleaning. :mrgreen:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
C-dub

Post by C-dub »

anygunanywhere wrote:
I don't have any grandkids yet, but spending time with my daughter showing her how to take them apart, clean them, and put them back together again made the process much more enjoyable than it usually is. We dirtied them up together, so it was nice for her to really take an interest in learning the other side of all that fun.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Bitter Clinger »

bblhd672 wrote:

After the tactical pistol class today my M&P 9 needs some care, but I'm the one that really needs cleaning. Hot and sunny on the range.
And next Sunday I plan to dirty up a couple of AR's as well.

So much oily carbon residue, so little time... :smilelol5:
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Bitter Clinger wrote:
bblhd672 wrote:

And next Sunday I plan to dirty up a couple of AR's as well.

So much oily carbon residue, so little time... :smilelol5:
After a second look at Phil's AR pistol I have urge to get one!
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”