Houston West Quadrant Breakfast

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

ktfiend
Posts in topic: 32

Re: Houston West Quadrant Breakfast

Post by ktfiend »

I parked next to you. Be in there shortly

ktfiend

Post by ktfiend »

Somehow, I've now been graced with the responsibility of organizing this breakfast going forward. I think my new job title is officially Momma Hen.. Ha!

Next meet up will be Sat April 15 Rudy's BBQ I10 @ Mason Rd in Katy.

It's fun to get to meet new members eaxh month! Lots of room here and great conversation... please join us next time!

Topic author
Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 42

Post by Vol Texan »

It was a great time at breakfast this morning. Attendance doubled from our first meetup, and there was lots of good fellowship.

I look forward to next month.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Take Down Sicko
Posts in topic: 59

Post by Take Down Sicko »

Things went well for our second meet-up at Rudy's. Our group went from five to eleven people. I enjoyed meeting Russel,Jaime,sbrawley and KTfiends friends from zappy's and seeing the ones I've meet before from last meet up. The moist sliced beef sandwich was also very good.
Last edited by Take Down Sicko on Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

Russell wrote:That was tons of fun! Looking forward to the next one!

Great meeting everybody, especially Vol Texan! He's my first texas3006 volunteer I've met in person!
Russell, it was great to meet you as well. I was surprised to learn that you'd never met anyone else on your team - not the app developers, or any other mods. It's pretty cool what you've pulled off on the http://www.texas3006.com site with a geographically distributed, 100% volunteer team.

So, as a recap of all the folks who joined us so far...

First breakfast:
  1. Take Down Sicko (the person in real life is pretty cool, irrespective of the scary image the username brings up :coolgleamA: )
  2. eyetCool play on words in coming up with your username :cheers2: )
  3. ktfiend (If I recall correctly, she had just received her LTC two days earlier, and was already comfortable carrying. :anamatedbanana )
  4. Mr. ktfiend (who had not yet received his LTC, but should soon)
  5. and me...
My thoughts after the first one:
  • Great folks
  • Different demographics from the South Quadrant Breakfast (y'all boys in Pearland need to step up your game - we've got both guys & girls for this one!)
  • Great food (didn't know that Rudy's even had a breakfast taco)
  • I'm looking forward to the next time.
Second breakfast
  1. Take Down Sicko
  2. eyet
  3. ktfiend
  4. Mr. ktfiend (who now has his LTC :anamatedbanana )
  5. Three other friends of Mr. & Mrs. ktfiend from their regularly scheduled earlier-in-the-morning Saturday breakfast - and one of them has an LTC :thumbs2: )
  6. jrangel (My favorite LGS owner :mrgreen: - and friend of mine for several years)
  7. sbrawley (A LEO with the Harris County SD :tiphat: - and the only forum member (other than me) who is verified to have visited my wife's jewelry store)
  8. russell (The man, the myth, the legend: creator of the http://www.Texas3006.com site - and the first open carrier I've seen since the OC law came into effect :txflag: )
  9. Mrs. Russell (Who joined us late, but fit well into the group :clapping: )
  10. and me...
My thoughts after the first one:
  • Great folks (again)
  • Y'all boys in Pearland need to step up your game even more - we now have TWO ladies in the group
  • I think this monthly breakfast has grown roots. It's out of the pilot stage, and I have the feeling it'll be self-sustaining now.
  • Saturday works well for us - Friday mornings (like the SQB does) would be difficult to do because of work
  • It'll be cool if any of our friends from the South Quandrant Breakfast can join us occasionally
  • I'm looking forward to the next time.
Last edited by Vol Texan on Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Take Down Sicko
Posts in topic: 59

Post by Take Down Sicko »

Nice write up Vol Texan. And thanks for the "COOL" part. LOL. Everyone in the group is nice and friendly. Anyone considering joining with us for the next breakfast should do so. You will feel comfortable among us.

LDB415
Posts in topic: 4

Post by LDB415 »

I'm glad it's going so well for you guys. Maybe that will be the incentive for someone to get one started on the north and east sides as well. I'd like to join you guys but so far the 100 miles round trip wins the debate when it tag teams with the getting up early enough to make it. One of these times and until then I'll enjoy hearing how well it's going and how much you guys are enjoying it.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

howdy
Posts in topic: 3

Post by howdy »

I too live in Katy and I could not attend this last Saturday. My son was getting married at 3pm and my wife just did not see the importance of me being gone that morning. Hope to make the next one.
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

ktfiend

Post by ktfiend »

howdy wrote:I too live in Katy and I could not attend this last Saturday. My son was getting married at 3pm and my wife just did not see the importance of me being gone that morning. Hope to make the next one.
We hope to see you at the next one, April 15.

:party:

Topic author
Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

howdy wrote:I too live in Katy and I could not attend this last Saturday. My son was getting married at 3pm and my wife just did not see the importance of me being gone that morning. Hope to make the next one.
Yeah, I tend to agree with your wife on this one. But next month...we look forward to seeing you!

Topic author
Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

The next meetup is currently scheduled for Saturday, 15 April. But that's Easter Saturday...and I doubt many folks can make it.

Are y'all open to shifting it a week forward this month only - 8 April instead? I know it's only a few days' notice, but I figure it's worth a shot.

eyet
Posts in topic: 13

Post by eyet »

That's fine with me.

Maxwell
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Maxwell »

Darn it! I'll be working the Blue Bonnet Festival in Chappell Hill. Oh well, maybe May. :banghead:
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

Return to “Off-Topic”