Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Anyone else clean today?

Post by Bitter Clinger »

bblhd672 wrote:
After a second look at Phil's AR pistol I have urge to get one!
I bet he would let you run it next Sunday, IF you clean it afterward! I put a folding stock adapter on mine, fits in a knapsack, although still nowhere as small or light as that Keltec Sub2000.
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

bayou
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bayou »

This thread got me thinking. If you only shoot 50 to 100 rounds a week do ya'll clean then every time after a visit to the range? I usually try to but was wondering how often eeveryone else does. Thanks

mot7981

Post by mot7981 »

I don't shoot as much as most on here, usually about once a month. I've always cleaned after every outing. Actually I don't even mind it that much. Anyway, my Dad and I used to clean as soon as we got home every time we went shooting so that must be where I got it from. As they say, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

bayou

Post by bayou »

Thanks.

Liberty
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Liberty »

bayou wrote:This thread got me thinking. If you only shoot 50 to 100 rounds a week do ya'll clean then every time after a visit to the range? I usually try to but was wondering how often everyone else does. Thanks
I do, mostly because it gives me a chance to inspect and check out my equipment. I don't trust the powders used in my commercial loads and suspect they may me somewhat corrosive. My handguns don't take much time or effort to clean .. Disassembly, running a bore snake once or twice a quick look over of the disassembled parts and a dry fire with a rubber tipped pencil is only a 5 minute procedure and quite frankly a labor of love. I do understand that its probably not necessary but I do it anyway.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Liberty wrote:
bayou wrote:This thread got me thinking. If you only shoot 50 to 100 rounds a week do ya'll clean then every time after a visit to the range? I usually try to but was wondering how often everyone else does. Thanks
I do, mostly because it gives me a chance to inspect and check out my equipment. I don't trust the powders used in my commercial loads and suspect they may me somewhat corrosive. My handguns don't take much time or effort to clean .. Disassembly, running a bore snake once or twice a quick look over of the disassembled parts and a dry fire with a rubber tipped pencil is only a 5 minute procedure and quite frankly a labor of love. I do understand that its probably not necessary but I do it anyway.

Every squibb, damaged receiver or just plain old smokey powder that I have seen has universally been associated with reloads. I have seen no evidence of corrosion in any of my firearms and I use factory loads exclusively. My understanding, and I am certainly not an expert in the area, is that Boxer primed ammunition is not corrosive.
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Annoyed Man »

C-dub wrote:
anygunanywhere wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:I've got some cleaning to do. MAYBE will get to it today. Grandkids are taking a LOT of my time lately.
There isn't a better excuse in the world!
I don't have any grandkids yet, but spending time with my daughter showing her how to take them apart, clean them, and put them back together again made the process much more enjoyable than it usually is. We dirtied them up together, so it was nice for her to really take an interest in learning the other side of all that fun.
I look forward to when they are that age, but my grandson turns 1 this week, and my granddaughter turns 3 in May. Right now I'm just trying to keep my nose above water. :lol:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Deitz83
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Deitz83 »

Normally, I clean after I shoot. Shot an AR 15 that I built for my wife, Friday. Plan on shooting it tomorrow, clean and turn it over to the wife.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”