Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Running Arrow Bill
Posts in topic: 2

SA Pistol Trigger Pound Pull

Post by Running Arrow Bill »

Afternoon!

Been long time since I posted...

I need a .40 SA with a LIGHT trigger pull!! My Baretta 96 is too much for my present arthritic hands. Any held y'all can give me will be most appreciated!

Thanks,
Bill
Running Arrow Farm, LLC
Wellington, TX. 79095
longhorncattle2013@gmail.ocom
Registered Texas Longhorn Cattle

WTR
Banned

Re: SA Pistol Trigger Pound Pull

Post by WTR »

My H & K is 4.5 lbs in SA mode.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Annoyed Man »

WTR wrote:My H & K is 4.5 lbs in SA mode.
Stole my thunder. I used to own a USP Compact .40. I bought a lighter mainspring for it (can't remember where, but it may have been MidwayUSA.com). In any case, it reduced the DA pull to around 8-10 lb and the SA pull to around 4 or 5 lb. It's been long ago enough that I don't remember the specific numbers anymore. What I do remember is that swapping out the mainspring on the USP took all of about 5 minutes and maybe a single tool.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

The Annoyed Man

Also, Kahr pistols have extremely light pulls. In fact, they're kind of famous for it.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
Running Arrow Bill

Post by Running Arrow Bill »

I went to H&K and Sig websites and couldn't find any info on trigger pull pounds. Maybe one of the gun magazines will have info on this stuff?

Thanks,
Bill
Running Arrow Farm, LLC
Wellington, TX. 79095
longhorncattle2013@gmail.ocom
Registered Texas Longhorn Cattle

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

Running Arrow Bill wrote:I went to H&K and Sig websites and couldn't find any info on trigger pull pounds. Maybe one of the gun magazines will have info on this stuff?

Thanks,
Bill
When I looked up my H & K model they did have SA & DA pulls listed.

maverick2076
Posts in topic: 1

Post by maverick2076 »

Glock with a Ghost disconnector and spring kit is 3.5 pounds.

Zombified

Post by Zombified »

My local gun store had a double action only HK 45 compact that had a incredibly light pull. I was really impressed and extremely tempted to buy it. They aren't cheap, but that was probably the sweetest double action trigger I've ever tried.

Middle Age Russ

Post by Middle Age Russ »

Your Beretta 96 has a Double Action - Single Action trigger. When de-cocked, you have a long, relatively heavy initial double-action trigger press to get the first round off, and then subsequent, lighter, single-action trigger presses until the gun is again made safe/de-cocked. Since you don't mention whether the single-action presses are a heavier weight than is comfortable, I assume the issue is really with the initial, double-action press. As TAM mentioned, there are some double-action only (DAO) guns like some Kahr pistols that may be more comfortable to you if you prefer a gun that uses the trigger to both cock and then fire the gun. These guns were designed from the outset to feature relatively light (for a double-action) trigger sometimes with relatively short (again for a double-action) travel. Beyond double-action triggers, there is a whole world of single-action only or striker fired pistols that may work for you as long as you can comfortably manipulate the slide. Generally, these will all feature relatively light (usually lighter than double-action) triggers with relatively short travel. I can only suggest trying out some common examples if/when you have an opportunity.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

The Annoyed Man

The HK website says, for the USP series of pistols that the trigger pull is 20 N (4.5 lbs) in SA, and 50 N (11.24 lbs) in DA. Using the Wolf hammer spring reduced the DA pull to about 8 lbs in my USPc. Their website says that trigger pulls are marginally heavier in the P30 series, or about 24 N SA and 51 N DA. They don't list the trigger data for the P8, but they describe it as "The P8 is a modified version of the USP deployed by the German Bundeswehr. It differs by a specific safety and decocking as well as a preferred land and grooves rifling instead of the polygonal profile." Since the trigger is not mentioned, it is presumably the same as for the standard line of USP models.

#TINVOWOOT

jb2012

Post by jb2012 »

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Walther PPQ series

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Get a CZ 75 in .40 cal. Send it to Cajun Gun Works. Voila - you have a very light trigger pull and an awesome gun.

treadlightly

Post by treadlightly »

I dry-fired (with permission) a Sig P250 earlier today. Very impressive. It was like a P320 with a Kahr trigger, except I believe the trigger was lighter. Couldn't say for sure, I only dry-fired it twice, but I think the pull was a little shorter than a Kahr.

The P250 is a spitting image of a P320 except it's a DAO hammer fired gun. The grip shells are the same as the P320 and they use the same magazines and will fit the same holsters.

My fascination is it's like a P320 I can mechanically block from discharging when holstering by keeping my thumb on the back of the slide, preventing the hammer from rising.

New, they retail for about $400. I hear Sig is about ready to discontinue them, which is a shame. Seems like a good, very safe gun.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”