Time for a Shield!

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

JakeTheSnake
Posts in topic: 7

Re: Time for a Shield!

Post by JakeTheSnake »

cmgee67 wrote:Shiled and LC9s are both great options! The Ruger has an amazing trigger. The shield is an awesome gun. I own the 45 and carry it daily and love it more than any carry gun I've ever had. Ergos are perfect and fit and finish are top notch. The 45 shield has a better trigger than the 9 and 40 versions.
Thanks for the input, but didn't make my decision any easier. LOL
I guess it comes down to which she likes and price.

cmgee67
Posts in topic: 3

Post by cmgee67 »

Haha no problem! That's what it comes down to! My wife didn't like the ergos of the lc9s and I wasn't much a fan either. But the shield fits really well in both of our hands tho she likes shooting the glock 19 and revolvers more

JakeTheSnake

Post by JakeTheSnake »

cmgee67 wrote:Haha no problem! That's what it comes down to! My wife didn't like the ergos of the lc9s and I wasn't much a fan either. But the shield fits really well in both of our hands tho she likes shooting the glock 19 and revolvers more
Thanks, probably go with the Shield great rebate right now. Not too worried with her, she has a hellava grip, but she likes to be stealthy. Thanks again.

cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

No prob! Just had a buddy tell me he was gonna get one for like 240 something after rebate! That's killer!

Lambda Force
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Lambda Force »

I don't need one but at these prices..... :anamatedbanana

Is there any downside to getting the model with the safety? Does it disengage smoothly and in the correct (1911) direction?
Tyranny is identified by what is legal for government employees but illegal for the citizenry.

Take Down Sicko
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Take Down Sicko »

Lambda Force wrote:I don't need one but at these prices..... :anamatedbanana

Is there any downside to getting the model with the safety? Does it disengage smoothly and in the correct (1911) direction?

I have the shield 9 with the safety. No problem what so ever with it. The safety has never tripped on or off accidently. I carry in 5 different holsters for different purposes. All have worked fine. Had mine for one and a half years now carried daily. I dunno about 1911...never owned one yet. Switched in the up position the safety is on. Switched in the down position the safety is off.

JustSomeOldGuy
Posts in topic: 1

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

Lambda Force wrote:I don't need one but at these prices..... :anamatedbanana

If you're used to 1911's, you're good to go. safety works like John Browning design in terms of off/on positions (why I picked up the Shield 45 for a 'little' concealed carry gun; works essentially the same as my 1911's/2011's.)
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

Topic author
mot7981
Posts in topic: 4

Post by mot7981 »

I think I just saw that Palmetto State Armory had the Shield with OR w/o safety for $320 including free shipping. So $245 after rebate in the flavor of your choice. They also had them in .40 for the same price and $350 for the 45. I've dealt with them before and had a good experience.
:tiphat:

JakeTheSnake

Post by JakeTheSnake »

Anybody ever use Gunbuyer? They have it for $309 shipped.

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

For some reason Bud's just decided to stop being price competitive on these today. They had them at $329 last week, but are now at over $400.

TexasCajun
Posts in topic: 2

Post by TexasCajun »

AndyC wrote:Very attractive pricing - the price-drops AND the rebate. Now, not to look a gift horse in the mouth but... I'd like to know why.
I'm thinking that the with the price drops & rebates, the Shield will be upgraded soon. Akin to the M&P 2.0.
Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice.
NRA TSRA TFC CHL: 9/22/12, PSC Member: 10/2012

TexasCajun
Posts in topic: 2

Post by TexasCajun »

Odiferous wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:I don't need one but at that price I may buy one to show ladies in my classes.
I'm quite fond of my Shield, but just be aware that its strong recoil spring may not be received well by inexperienced female shooters, given the common difficulty with slide racking.
At first the spring is pretty stiff. But after a couple of range trips, it loosens up a bit. My first time cleaning it, I had to use the empty mag in order to lock the slide back. Now it's no problem.
Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice.
NRA TSRA TFC CHL: 9/22/12, PSC Member: 10/2012

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

JakeTheSnake wrote:Anybody ever use Gunbuyer? They have it for $309 shipped.
I posted in this thread about a seller I'd never come across. http://www.texaschlforum.com/viewtopic. ... 5#p1146080

I didn't mention the name, but it was Gunbuyer.com. I was very please with the transaction overall. Ordered April 1 and picked it up at my FFL April 6. Just be careful selecting warehouse option because they have varying prices depending on the one you choose. No tax free shipping and they have local FFL's listed on the website to receive your weapon.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”