Men simply cannot do certain things!

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

stroo
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Men simply cannot do certain things!

Post by stroo »

With 4 kids, I changed a lot of diapers. One of the best days of my life was when my youngest was potty trained. Ended 15 years of diaper changing!

John Galt
Posts in topic: 2

Post by John Galt »

RPBrown wrote:This reminds me of our son. He would put on a rain coat, rubber gloves, safety glasses and a surgical mask with cologne added to change diapers.
:lol: Now that's funny.

John Galt

Post by John Galt »

I did learn to make sure to have everything (that you could possibly need) laid out perfectly and close at hand, before starting.

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

When my daughter was little she figured out how to remove her diapers, well i can hear her joyfully giggling and making happy noises, know this bodes badly I do the daddy dodge and tell my wife to go check on the baby, shortly there after I hear my wife hollering for assistance, so i get up and hustle to the nursery, there stands my daughter poop diaper in hand, poo all over herself, some on the wall, and all over the jenny lind bed (lots of spindles and crevices) being the fast thinking firefighter trained in emergency mitigation, i quickly tell my wife i'll clean the baby you take the baby bed. Grabbed my daughter and headed for the shower, held her while i rinsed us both, put her in a nice clean diaper and cotton jumper and we were watching tv before my wife hardly was started on the baby bed! I won't say what the wife called me this being a family friendly forum!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

Changed many a diaper and found that a small coat of mentholatum in each nostril went a long ways towards masking certain smells.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Deltaboy

Post by Deltaboy »

I changed my daughter but that was 18 years ago.
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

To all of you guys who have changed diapers: your planning sucks! With a little forethought and acting, you could have permanently assigned that duty to Mom. :cheers2:

Chas.

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Deltaboy wrote:I changed my daughter but that was 18 years ago.
I hope you're still not reminding her. :mrgreen:
NRA Endowment Member

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 3

Post by RoyGBiv »

crazy2medic wrote:When my daughter was little she figured out how to remove her diapers, well i can hear her joyfully giggling and making happy noises, know this bodes badly I do the daddy dodge and tell my wife to go check on the baby, shortly there after I hear my wife hollering for assistance, so i get up and hustle to the nursery, there stands my daughter poop diaper in hand, poo all over herself, some on the wall, and all over the jenny lind bed (lots of spindles and crevices) being the fast thinking firefighter trained in emergency mitigation, i quickly tell my wife i'll clean the baby you take the baby bed. Grabbed my daughter and headed for the shower, held her while i rinsed us both, put her in a nice clean diaper and cotton jumper and we were watching tv before my wife hardly was started on the baby bed! I won't say what the wife called me this being a family friendly forum!
Firefighter? And you didn't take the bed outside and turn on your hose? :nono:

:biggrinjester:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 3

Post by RoyGBiv »

I remember the first poop diaper we changed, the day we brought our oldest home from the hospital. Baby was fussy, clearly uncomfortable, so, wife and I put the baby on the changing table and open up the diaper. Baby gets this curious expression and lets go a stream of liquid black tar that went on long enough for us to be concerned about losing too much volume. :shock: :mrgreen: Wife and I must have screamed WHOooooooA! loud enough for the grandparents to hear us in the garage. MIL yells up from the bottom of the stairs "Is everything ok?"... Wife and I were laughing too hard to respond.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:To all of you guys who have changed diapers: your planning sucks! With a little forethought and acting, you could have permanently assigned that duty to Mom. :cheers2:

Chas.

Charles, you are going to have to reveal your secrets on here, for all new fathers, and those who will be. But I would suggest you block all of the female members from being able to read them, or you might not like the reaction!! "rlol"
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

I'm just laughing at all of you. Because I know some of you are not exactly telling the truth...and the rest of you are good daddy's and great husbands.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Deltaboy

Post by Deltaboy »

We got one of the first Diaper Genie and it was great with dealing with the Smell.
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

Sport Coach

Post by Sport Coach »

Setxjeff wrote:Changed many diapers, Twin Girls and long enough ago it was Cloth diapers.
Can't imagine cloth diapers! I was Mr. Mom for 12 years and took it as a personal challenge to change diapers quickly and efficiently, yes, pit crew style. My sister once claimed her daughter wiggled too much to change them quickly so I showed her the "rest your forearm on their chest" method which worked very well. My sister, however, bleeding heart liberal, didn't like the technique as she thought it might be hurting her daughter - ugh!
“Hope is an expensive commodity. It makes better sense to be prepared.” - Thucydides

Return to “Off-Topic”