Work Out Carry

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
cmgee67
Posts in topic: 1

Work Out Carry

Post by cmgee67 »

Hey guys I have a problem I have been dealing with for a while that's having my gun with me when going to the gym to work out. I don't have anyway to carry it when I work out so I leave it in my lock box in the truck. At my previous gym you could only get inside by having a pass key otherwise be doors stayed locked so I wasn't as worried by not having it with me but at my new gym they doors are unlocked and it's in a new part of town so I am not sure really what to do. I don't know if off body carry is a good idea because somebody can just come up and grab my bag while I'm running or lifting weights and take off. I carry Shield 45 so it small enough and light enough to maybe belly band it but I'm not sure how comfortable that would be especially while sweating. Any suggestions ?

aaangel

Re: Work Out Carry

Post by aaangel »

i have the old version and i use it for mountain biking, thinking of getting this one cause mine is worn out
'got to Texas ASAIC.

Sport Coach

Post by Sport Coach »

I've thought this one through for years and unfortunately have no good conclusions for you. The only/best way I've figured it is to wear a fanny pack to absolutely ensure a bag does not get stolen (you should be concentrating on safely challenging yourself rather than paying attention to your bag). You look like a wimp and likely these days people would have a good guess at what's in the bag. I also sweat quite a bit so ruining the pistol is a reality. I ultimately decided to roll the dice and leave the gun in the car or locked locker. As far as running/biking with concealed carry you can try Hill People Gear kit bags but sweating continues to be a problem.
“Hope is an expensive commodity. It makes better sense to be prepared.” - Thucydides

AJSully421

Post by AJSully421 »

Lcp with a pocket clip.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor

dawgfishboy

Post by dawgfishboy »

I've been carrying a p380 in a Cook's holster with a ulticlip at the gym for a couple of years now. Worn next to skin and clip it to both underwear and gym shorts for a little more support. Also wear it for mountain biking as well as a little road riding...Even taken a few painful tumbles without any issues. Not sure that would work for your heavier shield though.
https://www.cooksholsters.com/ulticlip-iwb-holster/

jb2012

Post by jb2012 »

Been looking for a solution myself, and I've come up blank. I refuse to use a "belly band", I refuse to wear a fanny pack, I'm not lugging a backpack around the gym, and I obviously can't put a belt holster on gym shorts. A shoulder rig underneath a sweatshirt could work, but I don't want to wear a sweatshirt everytime I hit the gym. I've just decided if something happens at the gym, it's just my time. Not to mention, I have zero SA at the gym, as I usually have my headphones as loud as they will go and I usually stick to myself.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

My solution is to not work out. :mrgreen:

.......mostly because I'm very limited in what I actually can do. (My range of motion in my spine is pretty limited now.) So I go for walks instead, and when I walk, I usually carry one of my smaller guns - usually a G43, but if I'm walking at night, a G26. I usually carry the gun in a fanny pack because (A) I don't care what anyone else thinks they know; and (B) it's an open carry state, and (C) see (A) & (B).
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Simple: W.O. at home.

Steamboat

Post by Steamboat »

I have an IWB (Uncle Mike's) for my XDS and works ok for me at the gym. I don't do a the running thing on treadmills so I'm not worried about it falling out.
I've noticed a couple of guys that occasionally wear a fanny pack. Pretty sure they have their weapon with them when they do.
"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there." — Will Rogers

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

The Annoyed Man wrote:My solution is to not work out. :mrgreen:

.......mostly because I'm very limited in what I actually can do. (My range of motion in my spine is pretty limited now.) So I go for walks instead, and when I walk, I usually carry one of my smaller guns - usually a G43, but if I'm walking at night, a G26. I usually carry the gun in a fanny pack because (A) I don't care what anyone else thinks they know; and (B) it's an open carry state, and (C) see (A) & (B).
Ditto for me. and here's a bonus... Since I have stopped working out, I do have a lot fewer aches and pains :cheers2:
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

Bitter Clinger wrote:

Ditto for me. and here's a bonus... Since I have stopped working out, I do have a lot fewer aches and pains :cheers2:
:iagree:

"I get my exercise walking to the funerals of my more athletic friends”

Mark Twain

MadMonkey

Post by MadMonkey »

Depending on the exercises being done it might not be perfect, but for running I use a Hill People Gear recon kit bag with a stabilizer strap. It's very comfortable and holds both my G19 and my wallet (and phone if needed).

https://www.hillpeoplegear.com/Products ... roductID/5

They make very good quality stuff.
“Beware the fury of a patient man.” - John Dryden

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

MadMonkey wrote:Depending on the exercises being done it might not be perfect, but for running I use a Hill People Gear recon kit bag with a stabilizer strap. It's very comfortable and holds both my G19 and my wallet (and phone if needed).

https://www.hillpeoplegear.com/Products ... roductID/5

They make very good quality stuff.
OK, now I really LIKE that thing. I'ma hafta buy one. :thumbs2: That strikes me as a lot more comfortable than a fannypack.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

:iagree: But especially (A).
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”