Sb1588 to eliminate most vehicle inspections

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
CrimsonSoul
Posts in topic: 2

Sb1588 to eliminate most vehicle inspections

Post by CrimsonSoul »

Haven't read the bill but it looks like this bill will eliminate most vehicle inspections. It passed the Senate today.

http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/BillLook ... ill=SB1588
Approved 07/17/09
In hand 07/17/09

WTR
Banned

Re: Sb1588 to eliminate most vehicle inspections

Post by WTR »

CrimsonSoul wrote:Haven't read the bill but it looks like this bill will eliminate most vehicle inspections. It passed the Senate today.

Hopefully, it won't pass. I live in NM where we have no inspection. I'm tired of Junkers that shouldn't be on the road, with headlights adjusted into your eyes and running lights so dim to be non existent . And by the way, usually no insurance. I would have no problem with an inspection requirement here.

powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

i hope it does pass, we lived in fl and al. no inspections.
windshield cracks mandated replacement, and leos stopped belching and unsafe autos
its dumb to pay to have your lights and horn checked
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ScottDLS »

WTR wrote:
CrimsonSoul wrote:Haven't read the bill but it looks like this bill will eliminate most vehicle inspections. It passed the Senate today.

Hopefully, it won't pass. I live in NM where we have no inspection. I'm tired of Junkers that shouldn't be on the road, with headlights adjusted into your eyes and running lights so dim to be non existent . And by the way, usually no insurance. I would have no problem with an inspection requirement here.
Is it legal to run Junkers in NM? 'Cause we have plenty of em in Texas and the inspection doesn't seem to help.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

ScottDLS wrote:
WTR wrote:

Is it legal to run Junkers in NM? 'Cause we have plenty of em in Texas and the inspection doesn't seem to help.
At least they get checked once a year for lights, horn and tread depth.

Topic author
CrimsonSoul

Post by CrimsonSoul »

WTR wrote:
ScottDLS wrote:
WTR wrote:

At least they get checked once a year for lights, horn and tread depth.
There are so many businesses that will pass your vehicle for an extra 50 bucks or less, it's not even funny
Approved 07/17/09
In hand 07/17/09

mojo84
Posts in topic: 3

Post by mojo84 »

Vehicle inspections are about as effective as gun control laws and the federal no-call list.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

carlson1
Posts in topic: 4

Post by carlson1 »

mojo84 wrote:Vehicle inspections are about as effective as gun control laws and the federal no-call list.
This deserves to be reposted and reposted. There are enough laws on the books that the LEO can more than sufficiently take the junkers off the road if they would enforce the laws. If it passes (I hope it does) then maybe the LEO's will then enforce those laws. In Irving if you are stopped with no insurance they are supposed to tow your vehicle, but it rarely happens. Just today one of my lovely church members told me her license was suspended and she had no insurance. Her license were suspended for no insurance and here she is driving with no license and no insurance. :banghead: Where does this ignorance end?

Ruark

Post by Ruark »

Yeah, I get my car inspected at this guy's place a few miles down the road (don't ask.....). He's a good ol' local boy, comes out in his greasy coveralls and a lip full of Skoal, looks at your car and says, "well, looks like everything works" and he's done.
-Ruark

carlson1
Posts in topic: 4

Post by carlson1 »

Right here in Irving and they are not ashamed so they advertise how easy it is.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Easy-Sti ... 4077101148

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

Headlights aimed properly aren't the problem. People need to learn how to properly use their high beams.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

RHenriksen

Post by RHenriksen »

I was so surprised to read about this today, didn't even realize this idea was on the slate this session. I've grown up always having it, frog in hot water. Hadn't ever really thought about life without it. But, if it's still against the vehicle code to run around w dead lights , bald tires, etc then let's let LEO handle it during routine stops. I'm ok w that.
I'll quit carrying a gun when they make murder and armed robbery illegal

Houston Technology Consulting
soup-to-nuts IT infrastructure design, deployment, and support for SMBs

apostate

Post by apostate »

It doesn't look like it changes the lighting or other requirements for motor vehicles, just the rubber stamp from an inspection station. Too bad it still requires emission inspections in major cities, but I reckon that's one more reason to move out of Houston. :mrgreen:

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

the debate was hysterical! you'd have thought it was a gun bill "rlol" "there will be blood in the streets!" (literally) "think of the children"
then it became something about exempting El Paso....I don't know....it finally passed the House.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Jeff B.

Post by Jeff B. »

I'll add this. I maintain my vehicle. It's a 2003 F150. Every system or item works on it to my knowledge. I had a universal switch fail this year and had it replaced. My brakes, lights, signals and the like are all OK. I'm happy to be pulled over and checked. I drive the darned thing and don't want to have something wrong with it. I still meet the requirements for inspections and never worry. I know it'll pass. Is it an aggravation, yes. Do I find it to be a huge inconvenience? No. That said, I'll likely be passing the old warhorse to my BIL and getting a new F150 or 250. Same rules will apply.

Maybe I don't get it. Wouldn't be the first time!

:)

Jeff B.
Don’t ever let someone get away with telling you that no one wants to take your guns. - Joe Huffman

Return to “Off-Topic”