Topic author
RossA
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

New Email From "Texas Gun Sense"

Post by RossA »

Just received the following email from so called Texas Gun Sense:

"Dear Texas LTC Instructor,

You may know that HB 1911, which eliminates the requirement for people to obtain a license to carry, was voted out of committee and sits in House Calendars. There is a risk that it will go to the House floor if people don't speak up. I'm sure most of you agree that unlicensed carry is not safe for gun owners or the general public. As trainers, you know how important it is that people understand the law, and how to use a gun before carrying in public. Will you speak up to try and keep the LTC program in Texas? You can call these reps. below, and if you'd prefer to send an email, it is first name.lastname@house.texas.gov. Your voice will make a difference!"

I responded as follows:

"Where did you get the idea that I hate the Constitution?"
God and the soldier we adore,
In times of danger, not before.
The danger gone, the trouble righted,
God's forgotten, the soldier slighted.

Abraham
Posts in topic: 1

Re: New Email From "Texas Gun Sense"

Post by Abraham »

RossA,

"I'm sure most of you agree that unlicensed carry is not safe for gun owners or the general public"

Ah, no I wouldn't agree.

This sounds like leftist nonsense, where they say similar things like: "reasonable people would agree, blah, blah, blah

Therefore, if I disagree, I'm not reasonable...? I beg to differ...

Whenever I see words in the title of an organization like "Gun Sense" I think poorly disguised leftist organization.

Why do you think they emailed you?

Do they get a mailing list of instructors or is this an organization you're a member of?

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

I got a message from "Venezuelans for Food Sense" today suggesting America should do something about our "obesity crisis".
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

2farnorth

Post by 2farnorth »

Looked up their web site. Sorry I gave them a hit on site. They use some "Brady facts" in their statistics. We know how those facts are skewed.
N5PNZ

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

They are not worried about the 2 A or the safety of the general public, just the weight of their wallets.

jmorris

Post by jmorris »

Well shucks, I am truly disappointed that I haven't received this email. Are you on the instructor list posted on the DPS site? They may have harvested the addresses from there. I've sent three emails trying to get on that list.
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

I went to Texas Gun Nonsense FB page, and well I vomited a little in my mouth at the lies they perpetuate on that page.
I now need to go brush my teeth and use some mouthwash before I f=go teach class tonight.../.THANKS> :shock:
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Whether or not it is "safe" really isn't the point. Uneducated voting is not safe. So should we implement poll tests? Uneducated speech is extremely dangerous. Should we require a test and license before anyone can legally post on social media? Uneducated parenting is extremely dangerous, so maybe an IQ test when you hit puberty and sterilization for all who fail. The exercise of most rights is "unsafe" to some extent. But we should still allow people to exercise them.

The test for restriction of a fundamental human and civil right is whether there is a clear and compelling risk if we allow unrestrained exercise of that right. Not whether it is "safe".

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

More of the same leftist freedom grabbing vomit. Maggots. :yawn

rtschl

Post by rtschl »

I think Gunnonsense and other Bloomberg and Soros funded groups should have to pay a fee, take a class, and show proficiency before they are allowed to write or say anything in public to exercise their 1st Amendment rights. Oh wait, we only do that to the 2nd Amendment and limit the part of the 1st Amendment regarding religious freedom.
Ron
NRA Member

Pariah3j

Post by Pariah3j »

Sadly, 2A supporters or not, I suspect their line of thinking is a pervasive thought among the uninformed voters. I had a debate with my dad, brother, and friend today at lunch today about unlicensed carry. My brother sits on the fence... my dad and brothers friend both think that the LTC license someone makes someone righteous or safe while carrying. They used straw man arguments with things like mentally disturbed people carrying and stupid/unsafe/uninformed people carrying.

I did my best to present logic and facts that I believe supported unlicensed carry and countered their argument, but I don't think it worked.

Next time I talk to my dad I do plan on asking him when he's moving to kominifornia though :evil2:
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny" - Thomas Jefferson

Topic author
RossA
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RossA »

I assume they got my name and email address from the DPS list of instructors. I wonder if other instructors here received the same email that I did?
God and the soldier we adore,
In times of danger, not before.
The danger gone, the trouble righted,
God's forgotten, the soldier slighted.

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

"Dear Texas LTC Instructor,
You may know that HB 1911, which eliminates the requirement for people to obtain a license to carry, was voted out of committee and sits in House Calendars. There is a risk that it will go to the House floor if people don't speak up. I'm sure most of you agree that unlicensed carry is not safe for gun owners or the general public. As trainers, you know how important it is that people understand the law, and how to use a gun before carrying in public. Will you speak up to try and keep the LTC program in Texas? You can call these reps. below, and if you'd prefer to send an email, it is first name.lastname@house.texas.gov. Your voice will make a difference!"
False apriori premise here. Passage of 1911 does not end/eliminate the LTC program. Reminds me of Groucho Marx on his TV show asking the contestant "To win $50 answer, 'Have you stopped beating your wife'".
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”