Gander Mountain Going Out of Business - Closing All 126 Stores

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

twjones
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Gander Mountain Going Out of Business - Closing All 126 Stores

Post by twjones »

Looks like now not all stores will close.

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2017/0 ... ng_al.html

Topic author
puma guy
Posts in topic: 5

Post by puma guy »

twjones wrote:Looks like now not all stores will close.

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2017/0 ... ng_al.html
That's bizarre, it wasn't a report I got the email from Gander Mountain saying 126 stores will close.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

1911 10MM
Posts in topic: 1

Post by 1911 10MM »

The one in the Highlands in Arlington is just as high now as they were. I asked about price matching on firearms and they said no. I was not impressed with any of the sale pricing.

TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

Didn't make it today. I'll be interested in some clothing and accessories, going to check in on Wednesday.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

flechero

Post by flechero »

Go quick, most of the store is already 25-40% off. It's getting picked over down here. Sadly guns and ammo were only 10% off... but all reloading stuff was 40% off, including primers and powder. (although powder was almost gone.)

Apparel was anywhere from 20-50% off the lowest marked price. Some great deals on gun, hunting and marine accessories (40% OFF).

n5wmk

Post by n5wmk »

My son went to the one in Frisco yesterday, after I told him about the store closing. He said there wasn't any discount on guns and ammo. Only thing on significant sale was the Gander Mountain brand of clothing and camping stuff. The clerks told him that the store's inventory had been purchased by Tiger Direct, and that they locked down the cash registers so that no discounts could be applied by the store staff. Son said none of the pricing impressed him yesterday.
EDC CZ 2075 RAMI
NRA Benefactor Life Member
USAF 1972-1980
Texas A&M -1980-1984

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

n5wmk wrote:My son went to the one in Frisco yesterday, after I told him about the store closing. He said there wasn't any discount on guns and ammo. Only thing on significant sale was the Gander Mountain brand of clothing and camping stuff. The clerks told him that the store's inventory had been purchased by Tiger Direct, and that they locked down the cash registers so that no discounts could be applied by the store staff. Son said none of the pricing impressed him yesterday.
I can confirm this. Any discounts were a joke, and nothing I cared about was discounted more than 10%.
That makes it sound like they won't discount further if Tiger is buying the left overs. Bummer.

aaangel

Post by aaangel »

i went in today at the Arlington location after eating @chuys. glad i was already in the vicinity, cause it would have been a complete waste of time.
'got to Texas ASAIC.

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

I just ordered some stuff direct from 5.11 that I got at a steeper discount because of their 5.11 Days promotion than what Gander was throwing out as their "Everything Must Go!!" sale.

Jusme
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Jusme »

aaangel wrote:i went in today at the Arlington location after eating @chuys. glad i was already in the vicinity, cause it would have been a complete waste of time.

That was the last one I was in, a few months back, and could not even get store clerks to wait on me without seeking them out, and then they couldn't answer questions. You're right the best part of the trip up there is Chuys.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Oldgringo »

Big "Going Out of Business" sign on Tyler's Gander Mountain today. I went in and came right back out. No markdown on ammo and everything else was outrageously priced - as usual.

Adios Gander Mountain!

justiceburger

Post by justiceburger »

Went into the Lake Worth store are few days ago and the prices are still a joke. Found a great pair of pants and shirt but the added price tag read $70.00/each and underneath had $44.99 as the MSRP and only 10% off. Rip Off alert.

jmorris

Post by jmorris »

“Camping World’s plan is to immediately right size the inventory and operate only in retail locations with occupancy costs that we believe support profitable operations, with an extreme focus on corporate overhead and expenses, consistent with our other operating segments,” said Brent Moody, chief operating officer of Camping World.

“The Gander Mountain and Overton customer and their affinity to the outdoor lifestyle are the perfect complement to our Camping World business,” Marcus Lemonis, Chairman and CEO of Camping World, said. “The structure of our deal provides much flexibility and will not only allow us to refine the inventory selection and select only those stores which are profitable or we believe have a clear path to profitability, but will also allow us to immediately offer our comprehensive portfolio of services, protection plans, products and resources to the existing Gander Mountain and Overton customer base and in stores in which we elect to operate. While we are obligated to assume a minimum of seventeen leases, our designation rights will allow us to operate stores and retain employees at a number to maximize profitability.”

https://www.americanrifleman.org/articl ... paign=0517
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

Topic author
puma guy
Posts in topic: 5

Post by puma guy »

I received and email from Gander Outdoors today indicating firearms, ammunition and other firearms, hunting and shooting merchandise is available. It appears they will be opening stores in 2018 including Texas - Amarillo and Ft Worth.

https://www.ganderoutdoors.com/shooting?cID=YM
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Return to “Off-Topic”